Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ha dam you caught me :) can't remember if they go on offer with the lights and candles etc ?

I'm going today! I'm sort of afraid, it's like letting a kid into a sweetshop with a credit card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up the Parcel Set from Argos they look fab I'm too impatient I couldn't wait, I got two more presents too today,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Whispered wrote: »
    Tesco are selling some of their medium Yankee jars for €3.50! I have two ordered to be picked up this evening. If they are what I think they are I'll be ordering a few more. Usually 13.00ish euro. Very limited fragrances but so handy for gifts.

Don't do what i did and order them
    Online because they are replacing them with 2 of the sample fragrance size candles. Still smell nice but not what I was hoping for. My husband collected and accepted then. I wouldn't have, I'd probably have wandered in to see if I could find any. Ah well, not all bad, my house currently smells of cherry vanilla :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm going today! I'm sort of afraid, it's like letting a kid into a sweetshop with a credit card!

Haha my OH is using me having a head cold as his excuse why he doesn't want me to go. "No sweetie I don't think it's a good idea to go out and look around the shops your already smootherin can't have you getting worse "... Thank god for delivery lol !

SarahLil wrote: »
    Picked up the Parcel Set from Argos they look fab I'm too impatient I couldn't wait, I got two more presents too today,

I want to get the gold and cream set ! Have you plugged it in yet ? Is the cord length long ?

• Advertisement

Dealz had the cutest little dog christmas accessories in store earlier ! A little scarf and neck bow for cats and dogs ! Sitting here writing up a list for Christmas and thought I might share that for all the animal lovers on here!

Sending Mr glitzgirl up to attic later tonight to get the Christmas decorations down! Sooo excited ! :) it will be Christmas before we know it !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hello in here! *waves*:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭LucaDat

Hello Elfie G, how are you?

Ahhh hello Luca.....I'm fine thanks. you found the Christmas spirit??:)

I :D have, don't ya love Christmastime?!

• Advertisement

LucaDat wrote: »
    I :D have, don't ya love Christmastime?!

Yayyyy!!!!!:D I do ...I do!!!!!!!!!:D

AH! ^ too cute!

Are you getting your decorations out yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco have some lovely decorations 3for2.

AH! ^ too cute!

Are you getting your decorations out yet?

Itching to:D.......but its a little early yet, just looking at them in their box!!:)

Let them out Grid!!!! They only get to come out once a year - it's time - they're lonely :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Tesco have some lovely decorations 3for2.

Hi Lough.....thanks for that, some nice stuff in Lidl too......anything new/different this year??:)

Let them out Grid!!!! They only get to come out once a year - it's time - they're lonely :D

Haaaaaa.....I've opened the wardrobe so they can breath and see some daylight!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Grid. wrote: »
    Hello in here! *waves*:)
    Welcome, Grid! :)

Dealz had the cutest little dog christmas accessories in store earlier !
    *runs to Dealz*

Posy wrote: »
    Welcome, Grid! :)

Hi Posy....hope you're doin good! :) Christmas greetings!:D

I want to get the gold and cream set ! Have you plugged it in yet ? Is the cord length long ?

It was the Cream & Gold ones I got the look fab, I didn't plug them in but the lead looks long enough to me, the have great reviews on Argos

• Advertisement

Check this out isn't it fab http://www.vobeinteriors.com/christmas-2/santa-duvet-set.html

There's so many shops to see, thanks Lough for the tip on Tesco, Tesco, homestore, Ez living on my list to see, Next too I've a voucher for there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

259zeko.jpg

Found my ideal Christmas jumper!! :D

So I've decided to start collecting tree decorations, to mark each year. Means my husband has a confirmed gift for me every year, I'm helpful like that :)

Asked for the newbridge one this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great idea, and you have a confirmed gift for him, maybe Feberge ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So I've decided to start collecting tree decorations, to mark each year. Means my husband has a confirmed gift for me every year, I'm helpful like that :)

Asked for the newbridge one this year

Since my son was born, we go to Santa each year and get the photo put in a bauble for the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was reading a list of the must-have toys this Christmas and one of them in Pie Face. Imagine how much fun that would be on Christmas night when all the kids are in bed, you're a bit tipsy and all you have left is trifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sitting in the kitchen enjoying the heavenly smell of my mince pies in the oven.....it's the simple things :-)

iguana wrote: »
    Since my son was born, we go to Santa each year and get the photo put in a bauble for the tree.

That's a lovely idea, I've framed all of ours and use them as a Christmas display, I'm thinking that maybe I have 10 photos to frame before santa stops

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So the Christmas gifts section is a bit dead so will ask here. I have now sorted all kids and nieces and nephews presents from everyone including helping out Mr Claus as my sibling have various things on that are curtailing their shopping.

Now onto the adults! Have decided on coffee subscription for brother in law but stuck for sister in law! Anyone have suggestions of subscriptions that are not extortionate in Ireland? She is into theatre and tea and arty things and stir frys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i bought some lovely bits in pennys and deals today, with the hangy legs :) i love them..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement