Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I need to get LED lights that don't need to be plugged in.. has anyone seen them around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Kids in school, errands done, can't wait to browse through the shops this week at my own leisure !! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

shakencat wrote: »
    I need to get LED lights that don't need to be plugged in.. has anyone seen them around?

Home Store and More

They have a bazillion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Guys I am having the worst few weeks. A lot of sadness and struggle around me at the moment, dealing with some hard things.

I am depending on you all for loads of amazing Christmas cheer! :pac:

Guys I am having the worst few weeks. A lot of sadness and struggle around me at the moment, dealing with some hard things.

Awh * sending hugs * :) light a fire and turn on a cheery christmas film, put on some cosy pjs and slippers and turn on some Christmas lights. Instant mood lifter !

• Advertisement

Euch. I feel ya.

Had a terrible year so far and I'm compensating by going festive really really early. Most people cancel Christmas on years like this one, but I've doubled up on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

polydactyl wrote: »
    So the Christmas gifts section is a bit dead so will ask here. I have now sorted all kids and nieces and nephews presents from everyone including helping out Mr Claus as my sibling have various things on that are curtailing their shopping.

Now onto the adults! Have decided on coffee subscription for brother in law but stuck for sister in law! Anyone have suggestions of subscriptions that are not extortionate in Ireland? She is into theatre and tea and arty things and stir frys...

How about making her a 'friend' of a theatre that she might go to. It usually means you get invited to exclusive events, first dibs on the events that are likely to be popular plus a small discount on tickets through the year as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Euch. I feel ya.

Had a terrible year so far and I'm compensating by going festive really really early. Most people cancel Christmas on years like this one, but I've doubled up on it.

Hope ye guys are both okay! I think by order of the boards.ie Christmas Forum we demand you put up your Christmas decorations early. There's something so peaceful sitting at night with the glow of the tree lights and a Christmas candle lighting.

Christmas is a wonderful time to cherish good times and reflect on lovely memories.

Also remember the first 2 turning on of the Christmas lights in Dublin are happening this week. :)

My new, much longed for, artificial Christmas tree should arrive in the post by the end of the week. I might put it up to see what it looks like and forget to take it down again.

lalalala

Maybe some elves might string it with lights in the middle of the night!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where did you order your tree from?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I'm not going to decorate yet as we have made plans towards the end of the month for toy show night, tree decorating night, wrapping day etc.

What I am going to do is spend the day making Christmas cards for the craft fair I am working at on Saturday, with the fire on and a Christmas movie. That oughta help. :) A couple of hot ports this evening, or maybe some mulled wine, might be on the cards too.

Loughc wrote: »
    Where did you order your tree from?

A crowd called Charlies Direct in the UK

I had my eye on a fakey noble pine and they stocked it. They delivered it for 6 pounds. They have a 7ft version of it in Arnott's for the same price I got the 8ft delivered to my door. Even with the crap exchange rate.

http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/kaemingk-nobilis-fir-blue-christmas-tree-8ft

85_q60.jpg

I'd feel like I was peeing into Santa's mouth. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The decorator is in our house starting today to finally get everything shipshape. Spent the weekend prepping- put up new Door frames, filled cracks, etc. The place will be only GORGEOUS for Christmas this year! We've decided on purple & copper in the sitting room and I may have bought lovely copper wire Christmas light things in Lidl at the weekend...

:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Getting excited, christmas prep well under way here. Touched up all the skirting boards and walls this morning, needs to look fresh for the decorations.

Next will be a major declutter, mostly moving toys so I can actually have space for the trees, then windows and carpets cleaned, and then the trees!

The key is to lift the seat up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I just spotted this on the heatons website, has anyone got it? Wondering if it's worth the money? I see the snow falls and it plays music
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Homestore and more do a very similar one may be worth while checking their website as it prob be half price in a few weeks !

I got the one from Home store last year and it's great. Don't use the music feature much, just the snow.

Loughc wrote: »
    The key is to lift the seat up :P

Yeah, just pee down his neck. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So I have all my christmas shopping done.

Will be wrapping all my presents on 20th and then putting the tree up on the 27th. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

kitten_k wrote: »
    So I have all my christmas shopping done.

Will be wrapping all my presents on 20th and then putting the tree up on the 27th. Can't wait!

I am SO behind in presents this year. Getting the house sorted has been no 1, I don't even have IDEAS for most people! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

85_q60.jpg

I see these every year and say I must get one for the kids bathroom theyd love it.. but every time I go to get it I cringe thinking it can't be that hygienic. Sorry it's the germ /ocd side kicking :o
    Any one who owns these can you wash them ??

More shipping done today.. Thank god for online shopping or I would be stranded. Sooo handy when you have small kids ... Particularly during flu season :pac:

I love been organised but I just can't wrap the present early. Id live in perpetual tension waiting for the paper to rip :D
    I see these every year and say I must get one for the kids bathroom theyd love it.. but every time I go to get it I cringe thinking it can't be that hygienic. Sorry it's the germ /ocd side kicking :o
    Any one who owns these can you wash them ??

I don't have the complete set, just a toilet seat cover but yes it can be washed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Euch. I feel ya.

Oh no, sorry you're having such rough times :( PM is always open if it'll help.

We're actually having two Christmas dinners, as well as Christmas dinner lite aka son's birthday party. We'll go to whoever is hosting this year on the 25th, probably my mother in law. Then it's my grandmother's anniversary on the 27th so my parents are doing another dinner in her honour. The woman adored Christmas, we honestly believe she hung on until after as she didn't want to miss it :pac:

On the Christmas cheer front, I bought my Christmas day and Christmas party outfits! I got a very cute little tartan skirt and black jumper combo for the day, and my favourite shop in the world had a 50% off sale so I got this:

1950s-halterneck-plum-sateen-dress-p1599-6689_image.jpg

Now all I need is some Christmas pyjamas and I'm set!

Dolbert that dress is so fab! :D
    More shipping done today.. Thank god for online shopping or I would be stranded. Sooo handy when you have small kids ... Particularly during flu season :pac:

I love been organised but I just can't wrap the present early. Id live in perpetual tension waiting for the paper to rip :D

I don't have the complete set, just a toilet seat cover but yes it can be washed.

Haha the relief that reply gave me was great ... I know I have a problem :o ... Thanks ! May get the kids one now !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Love the dress! I'm recycling one I wore last year, can't justify a new one until all this baby (and pre baby) weight is gone :)

I got great pjs in heatons, penneys also had lovely ones

What's the shop, Dol?

Argh! I swear I stepped out if the house for like half an hour and when i came home ... what was in the door ... One of those hi were sorry we missed you notifications from an post ! And I know what's in the box ! All my Christmas duvets and cushions from guineys :( ..... Typical :o

Love the dress! I'm recycling one I wore last year, can't justify a new one until all this baby (and pre baby) weight is gone :)

You'll get there! I'm after losing a bit this year and I'm hoping to be down one more dress size by christmas .. more like wishing :o ... I'm off to buy some clothes online for Christmas day to motivate my ass into gear ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

What's the shop, Dol?

Sorry, should have said it's Vivien of Holloway! Type "members deals" into the search bar and then use the code MEMBER50 at the checkout. You'll need your waist measurement as they use vintage sizing, I'm a high street 16 but a VoH 20! Warning: you may get addicted :)

http://www.vivienofholloway.com/

I'm losing weight too but I've decided to look as fabulous as possible while doing so :pac: Lots of groups on Facebook where you can buy and sell dresses as you downsize!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement