Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks Ladies, will have a knock out dress next year. Have two fab 50's style dresses I got last year that I've barley worn, as being a stay at home mum doesn't call for much style :)

I have afternoon tea in the Merrion on the 28th, it was a gift for my sister so that's how we're going to start christmas, so no point dieting when that's on the card ;)

I ordered stencils for my daughters new room and they added a surprise of a beautiful snowflake one so going off now to buy some snow spray!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sorry to hear that people aren't having a good time at the moment. I find Christmas music really cheers me up so if you can stick some on and have a bit of a sing.
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I love been organised but I just can't wrap the present early. Id live in perpetual tension waiting for the paper to rip :D

I'm like that. I like my presents to look freshly wrapped so I usually leave the wrapping until Christmas week if I can get away with it. We keep the presents in the spare room and that's where we keep the bottled water and soft drinks and stuff so we're in there all the time. I'd be afraid that I'd move some wrapped presents and end up ripping the paper.

I need to start looking for paper now actually. I usually get it in M&S but I might have a look to see what other shops have this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

When is it OK to start celebrating Christmas? Here is what the experts say*
    http://jrnl.ie/2430655

Not sure if this has been posted yet... The results conveniently coincide with the day of the Toy Show! :D

When is it OK to start celebrating Christmas? Here is what the experts say*
    http://jrnl.ie/2430655

Not sure if this has been posted yet... The results conveniently coincide with the day of the Toy Show! :D

Wrong! The answer is clearly August! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I hope things are a bit better for those of you not having the best time, I agree with lots of the posters here, even a Christmas candle lighting or your favourite Christmas treat with a cuppa can make you feel better after a bad day and of course with out saying "this group" on the Christmas forum can make you feel a lot better,

I had a bad day a few weeks ago and my aunt said go and tell the boardies about your Christmas tablecloth that you bought, I laughed out loud at her saying that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went to see Bond last night, don't waste your cash, and bought a Christmas tree!!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Went to see Bond last night, don't waste your cash, and bought a Christmas tree!!

It's poor alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It wasn't great, but it did have Monica Bellucci looking incredible. I still call shenanigans on anyone choosing to leave her alone on a bed in suspenders and corset tbh. I can believe ejector seats and dart pens in the Bomd universe but that? Nope.

;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dolbert wrote: »
    Sorry, should have said it's Vivien of Holloway! Type "members deals" into the search bar and then use the code MEMBER50 at the checkout. You'll need your waist measurement as they use vintage sizing, I'm a high street 16 but a VoH 20! Warning: you may get addicted :)

Hm, the backs are low on the halters. Not great for my back boob issue. :pac:

I spent some time on Etsy yesterday oogling vintage Christmas decorations. Looks like all our Irish 80s favourites were actually American 60s favourites.

I picked up paint and a glitter spray yesterday for my daughters room, she's moving to a bed after Christmas so we're going to make it less nursery like!

Anyhow, realised I can also use the glitter spray on the garland I got in heatons, wondering what else I can glitter up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,529 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas FM is being launched on the 28th of November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hm, the backs are low on the halters. Not great for my back boob issue. :pac:

I spent some time on Etsy yesterday oogling vintage Christmas decorations. Looks like all our Irish 80s favourites were actually American 60s favourites.

Oh yeah, I always wear a bolero with mine! The Grace style is lovely too and has a higher neckline/back.

I'm currently developing a plan of action to stop a very intrepid rugrat from getting near the tree. Our sitting room is like an obstacle course as it is

Dolbert wrote: »
    I'm currently developing a plan of action to stop a very intrepid rugrat from getting near the tree. Our sitting room is like an obstacle course as it is

Good luck with that! I'm dreading that as I'm not sure who's going to be worse, the 22 month old, the cat or the 3 year old!

9E743A30-C425-41EC-85DF-ECAE29AAC9A6_zpsry2ht2cs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Saw my first Christmas tree of the season today.

Nothing too unusual about that, you say. Until I tell you that I am in the Middle East. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was walking around Aldi last week and heard and Indian or Pakistani couple having a discussion. He was like a child, so excited picking up the Christmas stuff and wanting to buy everything

"do we need this?"
    "No"
    "Look at this, we need this"
    "No we don't"
    "Oh look, these look nice"
    Exasperated sigh
    "We don't even celebrate Christmas"

I thought it was lovely. Gave me a giggle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just bought a load of presents on Amazon!

I was starting to feel I was the only one in this forum who hadn't started their Christmas shopping but at last I feel a huge weight has been lifted.

Buying from Amazon means I can find things I wouldn't normally find in the shops AND I've saved a bomb.
    I still have things to buy out and about in the shops, so I'll still get that Christmassy buzz like everyone else.

I've also discovered five rolls of half-used wrapping paper that I'll have to use before I buy more; otherwise I'll be able to paper my house with the stuff if I don't use it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i buy everything online, takes the stress away!!

then i go looking for extras but don't have to stress to buy anything if i don't want closer to the jolly day!

I prob spend a lot more than i would if i did it all in one go..
    but sure, i don't feel it when i do it weekly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Doing a lot more online shopping this year. Amazon and found some bits on www.feelunique.com free delivery over EUR15 is great and some lovely stuff on the site :)

Threw on the Netflix Yule Fireplace this evening. Ahhh!

• Advertisement

That's it. I've been ill all week with a strep throat and working far to hard.

Die hard is going on tonight and maybe some Christmassy incense I got free with my Yankee candles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just in case anyone wasn't aware - home alone 1,2 and 3 are on Netflix!

I finish up my Chirstmas shopping this weekend - cos if I don't then I won't have much time before Christmas! This is more or less my last weekend where I'll have a bit of spare time to go shopping; unless I go in town on a Sunday....

Too soon for me for Home alones, I am going mad, I haven't bought a single pressie.

I will need to do my list this weekend.
    What are the must haves for kids this year?

Couple of lists here and here of the must have toys this year. Those who beat each other to death last year over an Elsa doll will be glad to know there's a new one this year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

^^^

Ha ha just posted about that in the toy show thread.

Brilliant idea to sell pyjamas.

No gents' jammies!

In other news, my Christmas tree was just delivered.

• Advertisement

They do have jammies for men.

I don't think I could handle the excitement of a Christmas tree delivery! Put it up now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement