Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Picture of snow in donegal posted on Facebook feed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I would love for some snow!! Just enough to build a snowman and then sit inside in the warmth watching it

I would love for some snow!! Just enough to build a snowman and then sit inside in the warmth watching it

I said nearly the exact same thing earlier to a friend. I was working the year of the bad snow and just couldn't enjoy it at all. So hoping to enjoy it from inside the house this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Just saw the Coca Cola add for my first time this year. It's a classic Christmas add.
    It's absolutely brilliant and made my Friday night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I went to cineworld tonight. On my way up I saw the Christmas lights on Henry street and I saw the Coke add on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i havent seen the coca cola ad yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

shakencat wrote: »
    i havent seen the coca cola ad yet :(
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057513599/7/#post97728226

It's definitely a Home Alone and hot chocolate kind of day.

Had a fantastic day today with he family. Everyone wore their Christmas jumpers and off to see santa arrive at the Whitewater. Santa had a parade and glitter /snow bombs! Great way to kick off the festive season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Had a fantastic day today with he family. Everyone wore their Christmas jumpers and off to see santa arrive at the Whitewater. Santa had a parade and glitter /snow bombs! Great way to kick off the festive season

We didn't go in the end. Decided to go buy a new car seat for the baba and we got our first ever Santa pressie for him. An activity cube :)

I'd say the ww looks amazing. Might visit tomorrow for an walk around and a Christmas coffee.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Toy Show jumpers got :)

It's definitely a Home Alone and hot chocolate kind of day.

Home alone 1,2 and 3 are on Netflix.
    IMO they were ruined with 3 and 4.

Home alone 1,2 and 3 are on Netflix.
    IMO they were ruined with 3 and 4.

I haven't seen 3 and 4. I have the first two on DVD so I'll probably watch the second one tomorrow. I think I prefer the second one. We were going to get Netflix for Christmas but we're holding off until January now. (I'll have a patient at home with me for a couple of months so it will keep us from going mad entertained!) Are there any other decent Christmas films on Netflix or has Sky bought all the rights?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Santa clause was added to Netflix as well.

Whispered wrote: »
    We didn't go in the end. Decided to go buy a new car seat for the baba and we got our first ever Santa pressie for him. An activity cube :)

I'd say the ww looks amazing. Might visit tomorrow for an walk around and a Christmas coffee.

It was black. Something they have done this year which I really like was they put a sign outside santas grotto saying all visits are courtesy of Whitewater and parents may make a donation to a charity instead if they wish. He doesn't give presents but the kids can talk to him all they like. Thought that was a lovely touch :)

Snap! I went looking for an activity cube today too. I think aldi or lidl have them due in on the 19th (the wooden ones )

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Snap! I went looking for an activity cube today too. I think aldi or lidl have them due in on the 19th (the wooden ones )

We got ours in smyths, I had wanted the more expensive one, but the last time we visited the grandparents the baby had a ball with a blackboard. The cheaper one happened to have a board on it so easy decision! €40 seems a good price, if it keeps him occupied :D

I thought it might be very busy. It's a great spot for happenings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I JUST SAW THE COCA COLA AD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have seen zero ad's (no Irish tv). I have been singing "Christmas vacation.." all morning. Tree goes up this weekend to mark a month till we are home for Christmas.

My mam is decorating tree number 1. But she is not turning it on for 2 more weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I don't think I would have the restraint to have it decorated and not turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Oh yeah, if my trees were up I most definitely would not be able to leave the lights off for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Feeling under the weather again listening to my body this time and having some down time, pjs on, candles lighting, baileys coffee on tap that's me for the evening

Get well soon, SarahLil!

Decided to get out of the house earlier and do a bit of Christmas shopping. I drove around the centre car park for 15 minutes (well, sat in traffic) and decided that it wasn't worth it. The Christmas rush has definitely started.

Get well soon, SarahLil!

Decided to get out of the house earlier and do a bit of Christmas shopping. I drove around the centre car park for 15 minutes (well, sat in traffic) and decided that it wasn't worth it. The Christmas rush has definitely started.

Thanks a mil, yeah your right the Rush has started

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm laid up at the moment following surgery on my shoulder. Unable to even drive for the next few weeks so I'm pretty devastated. Luckily i did a lot of my shopping early and wrapped most of my presents a few weeks ago. The Christmas threads are keeping me entertained so please keep it coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I'm laid up at the moment following surgery on my shoulder. Unable to even drive for the next few weeks so I'm pretty devastated. Luckily i did a lot of my shopping early and wrapped most of my presents a few weeks ago. The Christmas threads are keeping me entertained so please keep it coming.

wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Hope you are back on your feet soon Cork Lass

Did anyone make it into grafton street for the lights being turned on? I seen some videos online

• Advertisement

Very Christmassy weekend here. Yesterday we got the first Santa gift every bought in this house. Then today I got a gazebo for the babies birthday party, we had dinner in a little pub then we had Christmas coffees, including a Babychino for himself. While there I had a lovely chat with a lady about how the Christmas coffees were the start of the season for both us, told her how it's the babies first Christmas (last year doesn't count Coz we were in new baby daze and don't even remember it). We wished each other a merry Christmas - first one of the year. :D I did wonder if maybe she was a member here Coz she was definitely a Christmas nut :p
    Then instead of supper we had mulled cider and mince pies.

Fa la la la laaaaa, la la la laaaaa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement