Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

fussyonion wrote: »
    Do!
    Like I said, the one in Homebase was VERY like the one I got in B&Q; the colour and the branches were all the same...only big difference was the price.
    Thrilled I was.

Our living room is 9ft high so that's why I got the 7ft.6in one but they did have it in a smaller and larger size too.
    It's the Eiger one, if you're interested :)

One day soon I expect mr glitzgirl is going to cop on that I go on shopping spree after been on boards. Eventtally he'll try ban me I suspect lol :)
    That being said I'm off this week to b and q !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Little Sunny Dayz said to me this evening that he's going to write his Christmas list on Friday. Am I reading too much into it that he said "Christmas list" and not "Santa list" or "letter to Santa". He's 11 so kinda hoping we might get this year outta Santa! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Even if he no longer believes, it's brilliant that he got to 11 without it being an issue. I wouldn't imagine that many 11 year olds still believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

My OHs pressie came in the post today, I was supposed to be the only one here but something came up and he had to take the day off and mind the kids while I went out. Wasn't too worried because I knew it would be in an inconspicuous box but when I got home, the bloody invoice was in one of those clear plastic pockets on the front of it with the contents list facing out :mad: I'm HOPING he didn't notice, the gift itself has nothing to do with music but it came from thomann.de so had the word MUSIC printed a few times on the packaging which might have thrown him off the scent as he has no interest in instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Even if he no longer believes, it's brilliant that he got to 11 without it being an issue. I wouldn't imagine that many 11 year olds still believe.

I know what you mean. My niblings are 9 and 11 and as far as I can tell they both believe. Long may it last but it may not be for too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Wow!! I was 6! I feel the same, it's always been there to watch around Christmas time. It's one of those movies that never gets old (unlike me!). It's that timeless that my son (who's 11) enjoys it every Christmas too.

I feel old now, I was 9. Now I have the soundtrack in my head for the day. it was a really beautiful soundtrack though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jude13 wrote: »
    Can't see the pic, and the link is banned in this country....

Bah humbug

I am going to Dubai mall tonight for the cinema...yes the cinema, but hope to post some pics of their christmas store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

My OHs pressie came in the post today, I was supposed to be the only one here but something came up and he had to take the day off and mind the kids while I went out. Wasn't too worried because I knew it would be in an inconspicuous box but when I got home, the bloody invoice was in one of those clear plastic pockets on the front of it with the contents list facing out :mad: I'm HOPING he didn't notice, the gift itself has nothing to do with music but it came from thomann.de so had the word MUSIC printed a few times on the packaging which might have thrown him off the scent as he has no interest in instruments.

well what did you get him? :o:o:o

We've done so much of our Christmas shopping online this year that the delivery driver now knows me by name even though my name wasn't on any of the packages.

• Advertisement

We've done so much of our Christmas shopping online this year that the delivery driver now knows me by name even though my name wasn't on any of the packages.

Its so handy isn't it. My post man says it's keeping him in a job lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

564a56c81600002d0026d7d6.jpeg?

:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Potential lifesavers ^^^

Well potential agony preventers.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Its so handy isn't it. My post man says it's keeping him in a job lol :D

So much handier than having to actually leave the house. :D We got another delivery today, this time from the hot parcel man from An Post. I was a bad elf though. I was listening to some Christmas music and I turned it off when he rang the doorbell in case he thought I was weird. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

So much handier than having to actually leave the house. :D We got another delivery today, this time from the hot parcel man from An Post. I was a bad elf though. I was listening to some Christmas music and I turned it off when he rang the doorbell in case he thought I was weird. :D

Lucky you with a hot parcel man!! Keep ordering :D

northgirl wrote: »
    Lucky you with a hot parcel man!! Keep ordering :D
    One of the things I bought arrived damaged so I'm getting a replacement sent out. Hot guy will have to come back. :D

You should keep ordering from that hot parcel man so he gets to know you and know your not weird ... and for no other reason ;)

One of the things I bought arrived damaged so I'm getting a replacement sent out. Hot guy will have to come back. :D

I should call over for a cup of hot chocolate and to get to know you toto... so when is he due again !? :p

You should keep ordering from that hot parcel man so he gets to know you and know your not weird ... and for no other reason ;)
    Good plan! I think my husband might have something to say about that though. :D
    I should call over for a cup of hot chocolate and to get to know you toto... so when is he due again !? :p
    Hard to tell really with Amazon, isn't it? Probably next week. I'll take a photo as I open the door. He wont find that weird at all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Another Amazon parcel today!
    More DVDs and a CD for Mam.
    Heading into town this week for some more bits too :)

• Advertisement

Good plan! I think my husband might have something to say about that though. :D

Hard to tell really with Amazon, isn't it? Probably next week. I'll take a photo as I open the door. He wont find that weird at all. :D

Your not meant to tell him! :p if he starts getting suspicious just tell him you were only thinking of him and saving him the hassle of being dragged around the shops so your ordering online ;)

If he does find it weird then you relax knowing you won't be seeing him as frequently for at least another 8 months ... unless you have a serious online shopping addiction :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My friend is a teacher and she went to work yesterday to find that Three were shooting their Christmas ad in the school. :)

There were trees and snowmen all kitted out and celebs wandering about. There were snow canons!

I'm disgustingly jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Decorations came down from the attic today. They are currently in the spare room, not up yet but appear to be edging slowly towards the door.

DSC_0448_zpsmsgpxsbb.jpg

DSC_0449_zps8qkrdw7l.jpg

DSC_0450_zpsnjnniurk.jpg

As promised. Not nearly as good as last year but some lovely decs all the same

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If there was ever a day for a hot chocolate while watching Christmas movies by the fire today's the day.

Stupid work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

today is awful :( i need to buy some christmas candles

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hurrah! It was like the most intense game of Tetris ever but I managed to fit the 3 year old's birthday presents onto the existing toy shelves.:cool:

Ulp!!! I seriously need to sort new storage before Christmas because what I have is straining it's maximum capacity.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I feel like this little guy sums up our forum quite well...

368952.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I love how busy this forum has gotten lately.

• Advertisement

That 'is it Christmas yet' thing is a regular conversation in this house, right down to the pout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement