Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got an email from christmastreedublinstore.com saying that they're starting up the service again this year. You order your tree online and they bring a selection of trees to your house for you to choose from. You pay when you've chosen your tree so I'd imagine if none of them suit you can just say no and leave it at that. I haven't used the service so I don't know how good the trees are but I'd imagine it will be very handy for anyone who doesn't drive or can't get out to get a tree for any other reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    I love how busy this forum has gotten lately.

Me too this is the busiest I've seen the forum for a few years. Which is great, is there anything better than the festive feeling?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That 'is it Christmas yet' thing is a regular conversation in this house, right down to the pout.

Since S got mixed up and thought Santa was bringing his Batcave for his birthday I had to make an effort to let him know there was no Christmas until his birthday was over. So when I explained the other day that his birthday was over, he looked sad for a second then asked if he could watch the Christmas episode of Paw Patrol. When I put it on he grinned up at me and said "Happy Christmas Mummy!":)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just read a review of santa at airfield and it made me giddy with excitement!!!! I want to go now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Eeek! Mr glitzgirl the magnificent man that he is just told me he would take tomorrow off to help me put up all our Christmas decorations :D ! He knows I'm so busy and was a bit off this week due to my work load and said this would cheer me up ! :) the man clearly loves me and knows me so well ! :pac:

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Eeek! Mr glitzgirl the magnificent man that he is just told me he would take tomorrow off to help me put up all our Christmas decorations :D ! He knows I'm so busy and was a bit off this week due to my work load and said this would cheer me up ! :) the man clearly loves me and knows me so well ! :pac:

You are one lucky lady! Though, for me, no one can do the decorations as well as me, so if my hubby offered I'd have to work out how to say no nicely :)

You are one lucky lady! Though, for me, no one can do the decorations as well as me, so if my hubby offered I'd have to work out how to say no nicely :)

Oh no ! If I discourage him he'd never offer to help again lol .I'll just touch up and fix the bits I don't like when he goes back to work on Friday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh no ! If I discourage him he'd never offer to help again lol .I'll just touch up and fix the bits I don't like when he goes back to work on Friday :pac:

Brilliant enjoy, can't wait to see your pictures

I've had a few days at home resting feeling abit brighter, I've been watching various Christmas cooking on the food network, I'm rearing to go and make a few purchases, my cousin is in need of a new tree hoping to make a trip to B&Q after the recommendations on here, tree looks fab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

https://youtu.be/XJP3db3R014

Apart from watching the above I am meeting the OH after work in the garden centre (it is a hardware/garden centre/ avoca type cafe) to pick up a wine shelf and christmas lights. It's the last day of the working week here too so maybe a glass or two to feel christmasy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't know if anyone listens to the Ray Foley show but as its only 5 weeks to Christmas he's got Christmas music jingles playing in the background it's so nice haha! :D

Having breakfast in bed with the little guy and watching Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas.

Saw this and thought of all the people on boards with cats and kids ! :D aw I can't post the pic! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I just popped in to say this:

I wish Christmas would hurry up :pac: Had my first real Christmas tingle* today.

That is all, thank you for reading.

*not a euphemism

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So do I. :D

But I love the build up to Christmas almost as much as I love the day itself so I don't want it to come around too quickly!

Posy wrote: »

But I love the build up to Christmas almost as much as I love the day itself so I don't want it to come around too quickly!

Isn't that always the way, spend all year pining for Christmas to come around and in January/February it feels so far away, by the time November comes around you kinda wish time would slow down as the weeks seem to be flying by!

Posy wrote: »

Xmas Foreplay :P

Yeah the build up is great, once we get into December, it's all systems go!

Christmas shopping pretty much all done too so no pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

kfallon wrote: »
    Xmas Foreplay :P

Yeah the build up is great, once we get into December, it's all systems go!

Christmas shopping pretty much all done too so no pressure!

same :)
    started on the other half tonight, he's last on the list!

shakencat wrote: »
    same :)
    started on the other half tonight, he's last on the list!

I can't stand town in December, does my nut in!
    Even going for a few drinks on the two weekends before the big day is usually a nightmare!

I love town, hopefully myself and aunt will be in there Saturday at 8.30 am to hit the shops,

Anyone going to watch the tv3 toyshow tomorrow?

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Anyone going to watch the tv3 toyshow tomorrow?

I might flick over for a bit but it just doesn't do it for me.

For any sky viewers or whoever can get Trutv I strongly recommend ye watch the Great Christmas Light Fight. each week 4 families compete for $50,000 by putting on the best Christmas lights display.

Ive really taken the buzz out of xmas this and last year by shopping online!
    I do however go xmas shopping with my best mate cause she hits the shops,

I just stand around and oooooh and aaaawwh at things...

least i can do it with no stress! i just think, ah i should have gotten that, and not what i bought already!
    But ill never buy more!
    Unless its an unreal deal! quite unlikely!!

So I have all my Christmas shopping done since last week, all the house painting done, and now I'm just waiting to put up my decorations next week, and waiting, and waiting . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gosh I really must start on my Christmas shopping. Have this weekend cos the following weekend is Christmas Dinner with all the outlaws!! Then we are into December and the madness!!

Doing some makeup shopping for myself online and just thought at the last minute to throw something in the online basket for my sister. So that's one little thing got anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We're back!!!

We're back!!!

Stressful there, went to post about having written my cards, and there was no one there!!!

We're back!!!

Phew! I was worried that time.

was in pennys today, some really lovely gifts that wont break the bank!!
    The disney pjs in the box are amazing for a present!

OMG!!! I'm watching the TV3 Toy Show with the little guy and they announced a special news bulletin was going to interrupt the show. I thought there must be another major terrorist attack but it was only "Santa sightings." My heart is still racing.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    OMG!!! I'm watching the TV3 Toy Show with the little guy and they announced a special news bulletin was going to interrupt the show. I thought there must be another major terrorist attack but it was only "Santa sightings." My heart is still racing.

Omg ha ! It was very well done wasn't it ! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement