Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

iguana wrote: »
    OMG!!! I'm watching the TV3 Toy Show with the little guy and they announced a special news bulletin was going to interrupt the show. I thought there must be another major terrorist attack but it was only "Santa sightings." My heart is still racing.

i was the same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is the toy show any good?

I'm watching I'm A Celeb and every year I feel really sorry for them, not because they have to do some awful things, but because they're missing out on the build up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I didn't tune in myself to the toyshow, my other half is flicking channels and I'm on here and browsing online shopping, I had a baileys coffee when I got in its bitter out brrrrr

I read on FB that the toy show ruined the Elf on the Shelf idea. What did they do?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I read on FB that the toy show ruined the Elf on the Shelf idea. What did they do?

Didn't see it myself but I imagine they let it out that you can buy them even though santy sends them to keep an eye on the kids for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

shakencat wrote: »
    Ive really taken the buzz out of xmas this and last year by shopping online!
    I do however go xmas shopping with my best mate cause she hits the shops,

I just stand around and oooooh and aaaawwh at things...

least i can do it with no stress! i just think, ah i should have gotten that, and not what i bought already!
    But ill never buy more!
    Unless its an unreal deal! quite unlikely!!

I love getting the shopping done online early and then just soaking up the atmosphere while I calmy watch all the headless chickens running around in December :D However, I find that I end up spending more money by getting things early because I'll forget how much I've already spent and I pick bargains up willy nilly, especially when it comes to kids stuff. I'd spend a lot less if I just went out with a set amount in December and got everything in one go. Crap christmas willpower :o In my defence though, we don't buy toys during the year, just a bulkload at xmas and one toy per child on their birthday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Had a dream this morning and in my dream I woke up and it was December 26th. Surprisingly I took it well and was like feck it I'm gonna have to enjoy the rest of the Christmas period even more now. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone know if the shops in Dublin are open late Mon - Fri between now and Christmas?

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone know if the shops in Dublin are open late Mon - Fri between now and Christmas?

Depends on where but from December 1st a lot of the business parks and shopping centres are going 9-9 each day mon-fri.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Smyths ads on tv last night said they are open until 11pm on weekdays from now until Christmas.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    The Smyths ads on tv last night said they are open until 11pm on weekdays from now until Christmas.

They did that last year too. We were going to go up at night last week but I got the shopping done during the day. It's ideal for people like me who want to avoid screaming children. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

White Christmas is on More4 right now, and the Christmas cakes are in the oven!

I love getting the shopping done online early and then just soaking up the atmosphere while I calmy watch all the headless chickens running around in December :D However, I find that I end up spending more money by getting things early because I'll forget how much I've already spent and I pick bargains up willy nilly, especially when it comes to kids stuff. I'd spend a lot less if I just went out with a set amount in December and got everything in one go. Crap christmas willpower :o In my defence though, we don't buy toys during the year, just a bulkload at xmas and one toy per child on their birthday.

i 100% agree, defo spend more, especially when i see things now and want to swap presents around.. quite hard on the mind hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I could have wrote this post lol :) I'm the same but even though I probably spend more through the year picking up bits I don't notice it. It's the end of November and my shopping is done so im not struggling in the last week or two of december so shopping through the year works perfect for me :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I could have wrote this post lol :) I'm the same but even though I probably spend more through the year picking up bits I don't notice it. It's the end of November and my shopping is done so im not struggling in the last week or two of december so shopping through the year works perfect for me :)

we can start buying for ourselves now :)

shakencat wrote: »
    we can start buying for ourselves now :)

You read my mind shakencat! I'm overdue a small shopping spree for house decorations :) and the obligatory mini shopping trip in the sales for moi Woohoo :)

The polar express is on Rte one now ! :)

i just washed the dogs, well needed feet up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Put on bad Santa last night. We don't really like the movie but I want to keep the good ones till closer to Christmas. I also had a the first yankee candle of the season on.

This coming weekend is the tree weekend. I am in two minds as to BBqing a turkey (takes about 4 hours) or just ordering one in cooked.

I'm thinking about the tree this year

Like i said before, myself and my other half never had a tree,

i was thinking of getting two small ones, one for the living room and one for the kitchen, instead of one big one, as I've no where to put it!!

but it just wont be the same :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's a wonderful life getting it's first showing of the year.

Zuzus petals!

work isn't so christmassy :(

Tubs of celebrations are 4.99 in aldi! :) naturally I had to stock up lol :)

€4.99 is great value! It would have been wrong not to stock up!

I'm watching Home Alone 2. I love the bit where he's in the limo with his pizza and Coke. It's funny how even as an adult the idea of going to a toy shop in a limo while eating pizza is still the dream. :D

€4.99 is great value! It would have been wrong not to stock up!

I'm watching Home Alone 2. I love the bit where he's in the limo with his pizza and Coke. It's funny how even as an adult the idea of going to a toy shop in a limo while eating pizza is still the dream. :D

The idea of cruising around town in a limo while someone else drives and Im stuffing my face chilling in the back does have a certain appeal ;) oh it wold have been madness to not ! Now I just have to manage to not eat them all before christmas :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just put on The Family Stone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Just in and i've seen a few houses with their decorations up, lights, Santa stop signs the works. We'll hold off for another week but it's nice to see.

wonder what pressies we can buy on black friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

northgirl wrote: »
    Just put on The Family Stone :)

My all time favourite Christmas film!! Followed closely by The Holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

LOVE them both! Watched The Holiday a few nights ago and actually have The Family Stone on now too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement