Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My all time favourite Christmas film!! Followed closely by The Holiday

Love the Holiday too - might watch that next! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Satisfaction of finding two untouched large Christmas Yankee Candles in the cupboard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Saw my first Christmas tree in a sitting room window of a house tonight. Nearly crashed into the house trying to.look closer at it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I bought a mini Lindt bunny today. So delicious I bought a 3-pack of Kinder Santas. There's only one left :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bought a new flocked tree today, not going up til december but couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

mud wrote: »
    I bought a mini Lindt bunny today. So delicious I bought a 3-pack of Kinder Santas. There's only one left :o

i bought a tin/box/carton thing of celebrations yesterday,
    had f loads, made the other half bring them to work last night so id not finish em:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

shakencat wrote: »
    i bought a tin/box/carton thing of celebrations yesterday,
    had f loads, made the other half bring them to work last night so id not finish em:o

All this talk of food is killing me ! :( worst time ever to join SW lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    All this talk of food is killing me ! :( worst time ever to join SW lol :)

Maybe just learn about it and try it for the next few weeks, enjoy Christmas and start full on in January.

I joined last January and have lost 3st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm sure I said it last year too but by gad I love this forum. I have always loved Christmas and this just reminds me why. Unremittingly happy and positive, it's like crack for my soul.

Posy or Loughc fancy a mod swap with soccer!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm going to buy some Ferrero Rocher tomorrow. I don't like Roses or Quality Street or any of those types of sweets so I never have chocolate in the house over Christmas. That changes this year! And my husband is allergic to hazelnuts so they're all for me!

• Advertisement

I'm sure I said it last year too but by gad I love this forum. I have always loved Christmas and this just reminds me why. Unremittingly happy and positive, it's like crack for my soul.

I love it too. It's pretty much the only forum I read and post in these days. It's just a nice, happy place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

iim going to make terrys chocolate orange rice crispy buns this year...

better start practicing now so they are jusssst right

I'm going to buy some Ferrero Rocher tomorrow. I don't like Roses or Quality Street or any of those types of sweets so I never have chocolate in the house over Christmas. That changes this year! And my husband is allergic to hazelnuts so they're all for me!

Toffifee or whatever they are called are nice if you want more chocs just for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love it too. It's pretty much the only forum I read and post in these days. It's just a nice, happy place to be.

I love this forum too obviously haha. I love it as everyone who posts here are always so positive and kind, the spirit of Christmas is here all year round.

It's the happiest place on earth.....

Receives copyright infringement letter from Disney...

It's the second happiest place on earth :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy or Loughc fancy a mod swap with soccer!?

I love soccer but as a Liverpool fan I would fear for my safety as a mod in the soccer forum :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    I love soccer but as a Liverpool fan I would fear for my safety as a mod in the soccer forum :pac:

Not quite as feel good as this forum! Watch out though, there's at least a couple of mods here that would launch a coup to take over Christmas! Whatdya say Toto?

Not quite as feel good as this forum! Watch out though, there's at least a couple of mods here that would launch a coup to take over Christmas! Whatdya say Toto?

I'm married to an admin. We can make this happen. :cool:

It's time to protect Christmas

14imus0.jpg

Maybe just learn about it and try it for the next few weeks, enjoy Christmas and start full on in January.

I joined last January and have lost 3st

Congrats on the weight loss ! Oh I'm trying to get used to it at min but giving myself christmas eve and christmas day off ! And probably Stephens day if there is any selection boxes left uneaten :)

I'm married to an admin. We can make this happen. :cool:

My response to the proposed hostile take over of christmas thread :D

• Advertisement

It's crazy to think this week will bring us to less than a month to go to the big day!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

was packed in kilkenny today - the early christmas shoppers were everywhere

Dublins gone really busy already as well. It'd be interesting to see how much sales will be up year on year for Christmas.

I'm off Christmas day now, have to work nights from the 20th to 24th and finish Christmas day morning.

So I'll be hitting the coffee hard watching the kids see what they got from Santa.

Loughc wrote: »
    Dublins gone really busy already as well. It'd be interesting to see how much sales will be up year on year for Christmas.

It's already impossible to go to the shopping centre near me at the weekends unless you get there early. I was there before 10 this morning and home for 10.15 because I needed to pick something up and I knew it would be mental if I went later. Getting back into bed after being out in the cold was the best thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's already impossible to go to the shopping centre near me at the weekends unless you get there early. I was there before 10 this morning and home for 10.15 because I needed to pick something up and I knew it would be mental if I went later. Getting back into bed after being out in the cold was the best thing ever!

Always out early and home for cosy naps :D it's the only way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'd love to pause this moment for another week. I need another week for my project haha.

Anyway house is decorated, two trees up with the last one going up during the week,

Work is hectic, the shopping centre I work in has all there displays up of Santa ect, Christmas music playing and the play is jammers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am so glad I have all my shopping done. At least now when I go to town I can enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Here's ,y list of movies I have to get through before heading home:
    1. Home Alone 1
    2. Home alone 2
    3. Trading Places
    4. Die Hard 2
    5. Harold and Kumar
    6. Scrooged.
    7. A Christmas carol
    8. Christmas vacation
    9. Love actually
    10. Polar express
    11. Elf
    12. Ill be home for Christmas
    13. The Santa Clause

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Galway on Ice is kicking off next weekend. I brought the younglad last year, but ended up wrecking my back by needing to push him around on one of those penguins. But then again, ICE SKATING. Maybe he's gotten graceful over the past 12 months?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement