Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

leahyl wrote: »
    That's fab Glitzgirl! Delighted for you! Give us a wave!! ;-)

Omg you'll see me a mlie away ill be bouncing on my seat ! :) thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

northgirl wrote: »
    Always out early and home for cosy naps :D it's the only way!

OMG That is so me too,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'm going to the toy show !!!! I'm so excited I'm posting it everywhere ! :D just got the call for tickets !
    Congratulations!!!!! :D:D

Posy wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!!! :D:D

Thanks posy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OMG you deserve it so much! I'm delighted DELIGHTED for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg you'll see me a mlie away ill be bouncing on my seat ! :) thanks !!

Well done....enjoy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

There should be a nod to boards.ie from you in the crowd. Just shout out something during a quiet moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ray Foley played Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas yesterday morning yayyyyy Christmas has started on the radio.

Also we are a month away from Christmas Eve.

Jude13 wrote: »
    There should be a nod to boards.ie from you in the crowd. Just shout out something during a quiet moment.

Haha randomly shout out like a rebel :) love it !

Whispered wrote: »
    OMG you deserve it so much! I'm delighted DELIGHTED for you.

Thanks so much whispered ! I swear I didn't sleep at all last night ! I'll have serious bags under my eye on Friday lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So excited for you Glitzgirl!

I've added more decorations to my desk. Fake snow on my shelf, a snowman and holly tinsel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Awh that's fantastic glitzgirl, I thought I got tickets yesterday, had an email from them and the subject was toy show, but it was just an advertisement for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Congrats Glitzgirl!! Let us know in advance what you will be wearing and we will look out for you in the crowd. We expect a full account of the experience!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    Awh that's fantastic glitzgirl, I thought I got tickets yesterday, had an email from them and the subject was toy show, but it was just an advertisement for it!

Haha, I got the same e-mail, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the subject line.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I briefly had the same reaction when I saw the email!

I got a call from a number I didn't recognise at half 3 in the morning the other day. I don't suppose there's any chance that one of the people making the calls got drunk and decided to make the calls there and then? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Congrats glitz girl! Couldn't have happened to a more christmassy person!

We've no decorations up yet (probably do them pre-toyshow on Friday) but I think I'll start wrapping the pressies when the kids are up for their nap later. That way I'll have them all sorted and ready to go under the tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A few houses on my road have lights up outside but nothing really in your face has appeared yet. Hopefully that will change now that we're a month away from Christmas Eve!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Someone needed his hair washed (not easy with cast) and was very unhappy about it. So this, while watching Christmas Peppa Pig, is what it took to cheer him up once it was done.
    IMG_20151124_123559.jpg
    adult photo sharing

Das Kitty wrote: »
    So excited for you Glitzgirl!

I've added more decorations to my desk. Fake snow on my shelf, a snowman and holly tinsel. :)

Thanks ! Oh that sounds fab ! I seen dealz had like white carpet deourder powder that they were giving a boot stencil away with so you could make santa boot prints on the floor! Be awesome you could have those leading up to your desk :) oh u may put up a pic !
    iguana wrote: »
    Someone needed his hair washed (not easy with cast) and was very unhappy about it. So this, while watching Christmas Peppa Pig, is what it took to cheer him up once it was done.

Omg he looks so nice and snug ! Is it wrong that I'm jealous of a child !
    Congrats glitz girl! Couldn't have happened to a more christmassy person!

We've no decorations up yet (probably do them pre-toyshow on Friday) but I think I'll start wrapping the pressies when the kids are up for their nap later. That way I'll have them all sorted and ready to go under the tree :D

Awh thanks hun ! My tone still hasn't lowered from yesterday still about 2 pitches too high for normal conversation ! :) have fun present wrapping !
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Congrats Glitzgirl!! Let us know in advance what you will be wearing and we will look out for you in the crowd. We expect a full account of the experience!

Thanks! I actually went looking for a Christmas swing dress today as the email said dressy /smart / christmassy so I was thinking a Christmas swing dress and pair of suede over the knee boots ! Luckily there are more dresses in tomorrow so going to be waiting for them to arrive !

I had a slow morning this morning so I looked over some old Christmas out of season threads from 2012 & 2013. So much fun! Full of the Christmas feels right about now.

• Advertisement

Smyths are advertising their black Friday sales from today !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My resolution to not start decorating until tomorrow didn't last! But have all the windows do be, do just trees and general tomorrow

We're off to homestore to collect the tree and hopefully get some half price lights :D

We're off to homestore to collect the tree and hopefully get some half price lights :D

Oh have fun !! :)

A recent survey shows that Home Alone is Ireland's favourite Christmas movie to watch in front of an open fire. A close second was Miracle on 34th Street, while Elf and Love Actually claimed the 3rd and 4th spots.

Credit 98fm

Yeah I'm happy with that top 4. All 4 are great.

We got the last set of 480 lights on the shelf and another bucket load of decirations :D Was gonna hold off putting them up til Friday but it's blocking my kitchen up now so I'll probably do it tomorrow. Eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Hello :)

I bought my first (ahem) tub of Quality Street yesterday. It has remained unopened so far. But I have a feeling it won't be long... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Hello :)

I bought my first (ahem) tub of Quality Street yesterday. It has remained unopened so far. But I have a feeling it won't be long... :D

Picked up some roses and some celebrations in tesco tonight, €10 for 2. I also have some heroes in the press I bought at the start of the month and all 3 are likely to be tasted on Friday during the toy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Loughc wrote: »
    Credit 98fm

Yeah I'm happy with that top 4. All 4 are great.

Miracle on 34th street just does too much questioning of Santa for me, in a couple (hopefully more) years when all my kids are too old to believe I'll start watching it with them, its a lovely film. Both versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Done my Christmas clean today in preparation for putting the decorations up on Friday.

Had to change the bedding so put my new Christmas duvets on (would have been silly putting normal ones on for a couple of days).

Also got half my presents wrapped so a very productive day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement