Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

kitten_k wrote: »
    Done my Christmas clean today in preparation for putting the decorations up on Friday.

Had to change the bedding so put my new Christmas duvets on (would have been silly putting normal ones on for a couple of days).

Also got half my presents wrapped so a very productive day.

Fantastic duvet, where is that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It's great to see people posting pics of their decorations and trees up on Facebook ! We are not alone elves !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Getting the sitting room painted on Sunday. Very excited because then I can put up the tweeeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Fantastic duvet, where is that from?

Got it in Dunnes for €25 for a double and €20 for the single.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg he looks so nice and snug ! Is it wrong that I'm jealous of a child !

I'd say he'd be jealous of you too if he knew where you're going Friday.;)

Though we are off to a Christmas party Friday night and Santa will be there, so he's pretty excited about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My band is playing an evening of Christmassy music in Dublin on 13th December, if anyone fancies a bit of festive cheer :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1686551221566766/1686551228233432/

iguana wrote: »
    I'd say he'd be jealous of you too if he knew where you're going Friday.;)

Though we are off to a Christmas party Friday night and Santa will be there, so he's pretty excited about that.

Ah! Memory flashback. I don't know if it was like a community organised thing but remember going to parties with loads of other families in the community centre and Santa would be there. The excitement of it! Was fantastic. Oh there was tears when I told my son where I was going ! :) I hope you both have a great day !

Dolbert wrote: »
    My band is playing an evening of Christmassy music in Dublin on 13th December, if anyone fancies a bit of festive cheer :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1686551221566766/1686551228233432/

Best of luck dolbert !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

This time next month I'll be heading to bed, too excited to sleep!!!!!

Ah! Memory flashback. I don't know if it was like a community organised thing but remember going to parties with loads of other families in the community centre and Santa would be there. The excitement of it! Was fantastic. Oh there was tears when I told my son where I was going ! :) I hope you both have a great day !

Tears? Does he not know about the "one for everybody in the audience?";)

The party is my parents' club's children's Christmas party and best of all he will (hopefully) have had his cast off the day before so he can properly dance and run about screaming with the other kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was given this today as a present. It was bought in Spain. I've put it up in the kitchen for the moment because there's an unused hook in there.

iguana wrote: »
    Tears? Does he not know about the "one for everybody in the audience?";)

The party is my parents' club's children's Christmas party and best of all he will (hopefully) have had his cast off the day before so he can properly dance and run about screaming with the other kids.

I had to explain it again but when he got the meaning behind it he cheered up :D he loves christmas nearly as much as me .. I'm so proud ! Parenting done right lol :) ah i hope he does he'll have a great time ! You may let us know how he gets on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I was given this today as a present. It was bought in Spain. I've put it up in the kitchen for the moment because there's an unused hook in there.

Years of Dora the Explorer DVDs taught me those words! Only in song form.

he loves christmas nearly as much as me .. I'm so proud ! Parenting done right lol :)

Ha! I sent my husband the photo of S all Christmassed up on the couch and got a text back pointing out that there is a month to Christmas Eve. I told S that Daddy didn't think we should be so Christmassy yet and S decided to call him and sing "Happy Christmas to Daddy" down the phone to help him feel better. I got told that he's clearly very much my child.:D

And to see him all snuggled up asleep with teddy Santa, I'd have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Yahooooooooo!

The next one will be ours. ALL OURS!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And we are back!!! That was extra scary this time. Imagine a world without boards.... Shudders.

One month to go people!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was flying through my morning trying to get loads done so I could surf the Christmas threads on here (I'm 4 hours ahead of you guys). Then I logged on and thought my employer must have blocked the site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I was flying through my morning trying to get loads done so I could surf the Christmas threads on here (I'm 4 hours ahead of you guys). Then I logged on and thought my employer must have blocked the site.

It's always a fear. If you're ever in doubt check out @boards on twitter they'll keep you posted on outages and the likes.

Cheers for that, now to see if anyone else has their tree in the tree thread!

I never listen to Ian Dempsey but I was on Twitter earlier (because I had replace Boards somehow!) and they mentioned that they might play a Christmas song. I turned the radio on just in time to hear All I Want For Christmas Is You!

• Advertisement

I never listen to Ian Dempsey but I was on Twitter earlier (because I had replace Boards somehow!) and they mentioned that they might play a Christmas song. I turned the radio on just in time to hear All I Want For Christmas Is You!

I also seen that twitter poll. It's unusual for the Radio stations to be playing Christmas songs in November they tend to kick off December 1st. So far this week alone I've heard three! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I also seen that twitter poll. It's unusual for the Radio stations to be playing Christmas songs in November they tend to kick off December 1st. So far this week alone I've heard three! :)

It's great!

We should have had a Christmas forum Twitter party!

It's great!

We should have had a Christmas forum Twitter party!

I'm all for that #boardschristmas is the hashtag I use when boards goes down haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm all for that #boardschristmas is the hashtag I use when boards goes down haha.

Next time! Unfortunately it seems inevitable that there will be a next time.

Next time! Unfortunately it seems inevitable that there will be a next time.

Yea the old girl just ain't what she used to be. :(

Hope whatever problems it's having lately will clear up soon.

The technology is betraying me today. First boards is down this morning and then my excellent Christmas stocking flash drive arrives and I realise that when my husband updated my os at the weekend and I told him he could wipe my hard-drive I'd forgotten to back up Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy that is going to be our Christmas Eve movie. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I really enjoyed the song on Ian Demosey. Its the first Christmas song that's not on a specific station that I've heard. I made my 22 month old daughter dance with me!!
    I'm now on the couch alone as she naps watching the run up to the toy show programme from Mon night. Oh the excitement about the toy show. Congrats Glitzgirl on getting the tickets. I can't wait for a behind the scenes glimpse in to it when when read your review. Enjoy yourself!!

I can't wait till Glitzgirl screams out "Know your Elves!!" live on tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Palpitations there when I went to get a snowball out of the press and the whole box had vanished. Then I remembered I had hidden them in the back of my wardrobe to stop myself eating them all. Fat chance of that. Nomnomnom.

Also, can anyone recommend a christmas movie or tv show that an almost 2 year old would enjoy? Looking for something for Xmas eve, I wouldn't expect him to sit through a whole film but I'd like something that will entertain him for a while anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Palpitations there when I went to get a snowball out of the press and the whole box had vanished. Then I remembered I had hidden them in the back of my wardrobe to stop myself eating them all. Fat chance of that. Nomnomnom.

Also, can anyone recommend a christmas movie or tv show that an almost 2 year old would enjoy? Looking for something for Xmas eve, I wouldn't expect him to sit through a whole film but I'd like something that will entertain him for a while anyway.

I remember when my now 19 year old was small he loved Barney's night before Christmas. I downloaded it and now my 5 year old has watched it the last few Christmas eve's and my 20 month old will watch it this year, she actually loves Barney even though it had not been on the telly in years!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement