Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Palpitations there when I went to get a snowball out of the press and the whole box had vanished. Then I remembered I had hidden them in the back of my wardrobe to stop myself eating them all. Fat chance of that. Nomnomnom.

Snowballs are my favourite, I also put them out of reach so they'd last the Christmas. Otherwise I would have eaten the whole box, but to pass the cravings I bought a small tray of them for a €1 yesterday, so I can pick at them and not the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Palpitations there when I went to get a snowball out of the press and the whole box had vanished.

Box?!? Tub surely!! Wouldn't taste the same out of a box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

amor3 wrote: »
    I remember when my now 19 year old was small he loved Barney's night before Christmas. I downloaded it and now my 5 year old has watched it the last few Christmas eve's and my 20 month old will watch it this year, she actually loves Barney even though it had not been on the telly in years!

Ooh I didn't know there was a Barney xmas special, he loves it so I'll definitely have a look for it thanks :D

They're in a cardboard box but they're individually wrapped for freshness. Not that they'd get the chance to go stale around me anyway :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've never seen them in a tub. The Tunnock's ones are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Palpitations there when I went to get a snowball out of the press and the whole box had vanished. Then I remembered I had hidden them in the back of my wardrobe to stop myself eating them all. Fat chance of that. Nomnomnom.

Also, can anyone recommend a christmas movie or tv show that an almost 2 year old would enjoy? Looking for something for Xmas eve, I wouldn't expect him to sit through a whole film but I'd like something that will entertain him for a while anyway.

Haha glad to see I'm not the only who hides food from myself ha. I don't know why I'm not a squirrel I'm hardly likely to forget where I put it. :D

Most of the kids cartoons will do christmas dvd editions like peppa pig and postman pat and mickey mouse. Most of the dvd are only like 4/5€ and heatons usually have them !

• Advertisement

This popped up on my news feed thought it was appropriate and adorable

Swing dress picked up, boots bought, an hour long soak in the bath before buffing shining and tanning! Getting all the prep work done in advance ! Swear there is more work gone into this than there is a wedding ! Two more sleeps ! If I ever get to sleep lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I was feeling a bit lost, so I've put on The Santa Clause to cheer me up :) Cup of tea and some Stollen too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    This popped up on my news feed thought it was appropriate and adorable

Christmas FM is back on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I wore a Christmas jumper to work tonight!

Dooooon't caaaaaare! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,529 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was in Tesco this evening and the hams, Brady butter, brandy cream, Bailey's cream, cheeses, etc were all in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't know whether it's stressed I am or what, but my skin is all dry and itchy at the mo and I'm feeling a bit meh - so I'm looking forward to being off tomorrow and decorating and sitting down to watch the toyshow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Haha glad to see I'm not the only who hides food from myself ha. I don't know why I'm not a squirrel I'm hardly likely to forget where I put it. :D

Most of the kids cartoons will do christmas dvd editions like peppa pig and postman pat and mickey mouse. Most of the dvd are only like 4/5€ and heatons usually have them !

And Heaton s currently have 20% off online and in store using BIG20 code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Speaking of sweets (as some people upthread were), I'm having trouble finding my favourite only-at-Christmas sweets, After Eights (I know, they're not in the least bit Christmassy). Usually at this time, all the big supermarkets have offers, buy 1 get 1 free, half price, etc. But not only am I not seeing any offers, I'm not see any, period. Any other fans of A8s noticing a distinct lack thereof?

corblimey wrote: »
    Speaking of sweets (as some people upthread were), I'm having trouble finding my favourite only-at-Christmas sweets, After Eights (I know, they're not in the least bit Christmassy). Usually at this time, all the big supermarkets have offers, buy 1 get 1 free, half price, etc. But not only am I not seeing any offers, I'm not see any, period. Any other fans of A8s noticing a distinct lack thereof?

They are in Supervalu at the moment half price for medium sized box ! I got two during the week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Excellent. I need to pick some up to add to a kris kindle gift. This forum is brilliant for finding out literally anything about Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Dealz have after eights too

corblimey wrote: »

Lidl usually always have After Eights year round

I want an after eight now. This forum always makes me hungry lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo finished work until Tuesday. Tomorrow is tree day and the toy show. Then on Saturday we are heading to Amber Springs for the night to go on the Santa Train.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Longest month ever. The first will never come around. I want to start on the advent calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

beertons wrote:
    Longest month ever. The first will never come around. I want to start on the advent calendar.

All geared up then on the way to work yesterday it hit me there's still a month to go!!!

In fact Dealz have 2 X 40g boxes After Eights for €1.49

Spotted them in Heatons too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Lidl (or maybe it's Aldi :o) version of After Eights are quite tastry too - and slightly chunkier than After Eights. Don't ask me how much they are, my brother brought them over to my parents house last time we were all there for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

beertons wrote: »
    This week has been the longest ever! Husband bought the son an advent calendar early this week and he keeps looking to see how many days until he can open the first day.
    He has remarkable self restraint for a child!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

miamee wrote: »
    The Lidl (or maybe it's Aldi :o) version of After Eights are quite tastry too - and slightly chunkier than After Eights. Don't ask me how much they are, my brother brought them over to my parents house last time we were all there for dinner.

Lidl ones, they are yum

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Just saw this pic on Twitter of the Christmas Tree at the Christmas market up by Custom House Quay. It looks amazing, can't wait to get up and see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Would look better with coloured lights though I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Coloured lights would be lovely on it but those lights really suit the surrounding area. It took them ages to light them. I was like a bored child waiting for the speeches to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

They are in Supervalu at the moment half price for medium sized box ! I got two during the week :p

Thanks I didn't have them on my list totally forgot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement