Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

was in homestore and more today

winter wonder land or what

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    In fact Dealz have 2 X 40g boxes After Eights for €1.49

Spotted them in Heatons too.

Apologies they are in fact 140g -even better !!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Christmas fm is on!!!!!!!! Not live till Saturday but testing is on now, 94.3 Dublin frequency ... No denying its Christmas now :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I just made my Christmas cake. It is a thing of beauty. I just gave it its first feed of alcohol, too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Tried to make it to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this evening I had no luck it was chaos on the roads at 5pm shopped local instead, picked up goodies for toyshow tomorrow then decided to get a head start on some of the food shopping ferrero rocher, stocking fillers, fab paper napkins gold and cream that will go with my table setting

Picked up a gift too, it's a token for my cousins hubby he loves German beers but can't drink much of them due to his health I managed to get one of the big German beer glass (Steiner glass I am told) that comes with a big beer inside it, he will get a laugh out of it and I can just see him sitting by the fire with it Christmas night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SarahLil wrote: »
    Tried to make it to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this evening I had no luck it was chaos on the roads at 5pm

I was on a bus that went through the centre at 3.45 and the car park by TK Maxx was already nearly full. When we were on the way home from town we took the long way around because our usual routes take us right by the centre. You couldn't pay me enough to shop there on their discount night, or at the weekends at this time of year. You were right to abandon that plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

It took 4 hours, but all gifts have been wrapped! It wasn't helped by the fact that the sitting room has all the boxes from the decorations in it so space was limited.

Tomorrow the non santa ones will go under the tree and then it's only 4 weeks of work to keep the kids and the cat away, but I wouldn't swap it for the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I have to get a cat ... They sound like great fun at Christmas time :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I have to get a cat ... They sound like great fun at Christmas time :D

Well, I do insist on putting up his toy at this time of year, sorry I meant tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Yep, cats and Christmas trees are great fun :D

• Advertisement

Yep, cats and Christmas trees are great fun :D

Omg that is brill ! He's in the tree!! How does that not scare the beejezus out of you if your sitting down in the evening and lights on and next thing your tree starts moving and you see two eyes staring out at you! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg that is brill ! He's in the tree!! How does that not scare the beejezus out of you if your sitting down in the evening and lights on and next thing your tree starts moving and you see two eyes staring out at you! :o

That's why she's not allowed in the living room, and is only allowed to climb the tree when it comes down and is about to hibernate for another 11 months (it needs that time to recover tbh... she has no mercy!)

That's why she's not allowed in the living room, and is only allowed to climb the tree when it comes down and is about to hibernate for another 11 months (it needs that time to recover tbh... she has no mercy!)

So worth it to get those pics ! We have dogs here so if I saw them in the tree something definitely wrong ! :) I hope your cat had a good time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,529 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Would much prefer if today was known as Red Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo it's tree day! I will post pics on Tuesday when I get back to work.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Woohoo it's tree day! I will post pics on Tuesday when I get back to work.

Enjoy putting your tree up !! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Came home last night after a very trying day to find a package in the porch. It was the Christmas books I made. The Tomte one is about a Christmas gnome who comes from Sweden to live on our Christmas tree and the Santa one is about Santa coming to Limerick while S gets ready for him to visit. On Monday the Tomte will appear with the book and an advent banner and the advent-ures will start Tuesday. And the second book will be in his Christmas eve box. I'm so happy with both of them. They took months to get right and I was so nervous that they'd look awful printed but they are fantastic.:D

zkh7o4.png
    amsdxj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anyone else feeling Christmas starts this weekend? Toy Show tonight. Christmas FM on air from tomorrow. I'm starting to get very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Just found this for my dad:

http://www.currys.ie/Product/lenovo-g50-156-laptop-silver/334878/401.10

:D

I know its expensive but he truly is the best and he does so much for me all throughout the year so I really wanted to get him something he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Iguana they are fab! Such a lovely thing to have and worth all of the effort :) We're they expensive to get printed? I was looking at the 'what's my name' book but it was more than €20 and I was thinking it would probably be cheaper to make my own altogether (albeit more work but more personalised so better).

• Advertisement

Iguana they are fab! Such a lovely thing to have and worth all of the effort :) We're they expensive to get printed? I was looking at the 'what's my name' book but it was more than €20 and I was thinking it would probably be cheaper to make my own altogether (albeit more work but more personalised so better).

I had similar inspiration. I saw the Santa Comes to "Insert County" books last year and was really disappointed by how generic they are. I figured I could try to make my own Santa coming to Limerick book and could really personalise it. So it's half Santa in Limerick, a third S getting ready on Christmas Eve. And the rest is a bit in Santa's workshop showing how Santa and the elves love recycling (therefore explaining any secondhand presents he might have questions about in the future;)) and a picture of Santa's sleigh on our house and presents under our tree.

I got them printed by Snapfish who have 60% off photobooks until the end of the month so the were less than €13 each including delivery. I'd found an American company, Artscow, who I could have 2 gotten slightly smaller ones done for $1.98 delivered but I'd never have gotten them back in time. So I'm thinking I'll get copies done by Artscow so I have spares in case these ones get damaged.

So everything is done and we're sitting here waiting for my husband so we can show it off!

Having a mince pie to calm the nerves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi everyone!

Just back from shopping. It was my first experience of Black Friday and it was madness!
    Got the rest of my Christmas presents though, and some were heavily discounted, so despite my raw hands (from the carrier bags digging in) and my fatigue, I'm delighted that I'm finished.
    I just have to pop into town during the week for one last present and that's me done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Just back from shopping. It was my first experience of Black Friday and it was madness!
    Got the rest of my Christmas presents though, and some were heavily discounted, so despite my raw hands (from the carrier bags digging in) and my fatigue, I'm delighted that I'm finished.
    I just have to pop into town during the week for one last present and that's me done.

I'm so jealous :) Would love to be finished so I could enjoy the pre-Christmas cheer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Turkey and Ham ordered......no going back now!

Nearly ready for our first Christmas party. Someone is bursting with excitement about meeting Santa.

Damn..

I went to the wardrobe to see how many presents I'd bought the other half.
    I had no idea I've 11. :eek:

See the thing is, I'm a good bargain hunter; I don't spend hundreds on him, but I do pick up things he likes and needs...things he won't buy himself regularly, such as new clothes.

He doesn't have much family so I'm really the only one to spoil him.
    My parents spoil me at Christmas and I hate to see how little he has compared to my loot.
    (I know it's not about the amount, I really do, but still...)

So I picked up things online and then in-store today but I never realised I'd bought so many.

I hope he doesn't go mad; sometimes if I buy too much for him, he feels terrible because he "only got you this many".
    But it doesn't bother me. I don't care how many presents I get.
    I appreciate everything I get.

He spoils me all year round; bought me a laptop for my birthday, buys me little things all year.
    I just want to spoil him.
    Hope he understands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

That's so nice that you cherish each other so much :)

I'm sure he'll be chuffed.

mud wrote: »
    That's so nice that you cherish each other so much :)

I'm sure he'll be chuffed.

I hope so.
    Like I said, most of the presents are things he needs and that he won't buy himself.
    He never buys himself anything.
    So it's mostly clothes really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hope so.
    Like I said, most of the presents are things he needs and that he won't buy himself.
    He never buys himself anything.
    So it's mostly clothes really.

I'm the same,
    my other half kinda only experienced christmas last year, it was the first year he chose to come to my parents house,
    the year before he was just in his.

His parents are older, and has one bro who he has nothing in common with...
    So he sits in his parents all day, bored...

He came to my house last year and everyone had gotten him presents, he was absolutely shocked.. he had so much fun..
    I have mam dad, brothers and their other halves, my neighbours come over, so the place is buzzin'
    We do silly things like, play cards, drunk karaoke, nothing amazing, but its my families christmas!

So when christmas comes, i spend a bit too much, but on things he needs, for instance, i got him new training runners and then normal every day runners..

I wont say he ALWAYS deserves to be spoilt as he can be a pain :P

but thats life.. I'm sure I'm not the most pleasant all the time either :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement