Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A lot of what you've said is the same for us, shaken.
    My other half doesn't have much family and when he comes with me to my family's house, he gets into the spirit and my parents always buy him presents.
    He always looks shocked and is so thankful.
    He's one of these people who does everything for everyone, spoils others and never thinks of himself, so it's lovely to see him have a deserving Christmas.

PS It sounds like a fab day at your house....we'll come, will we? Bring a bottle or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Glitzgirl, you in Montrose yet?????? Eagerly awaiting a blow by blow account of the magical toy show experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Wine, check. Tub of Quality Street broken open, check. Christmas jumper, check.

Yep, I'm Toy Show ready!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm gutted. I'm abroad and RTE player isn't working, surprise surprise.

Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Gutted.

My brother said the same :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

That's awful about the player hope you all abroad can tune in soon

I was in town from about half 8 this morning, trying to make a dent in my shopping. I briefly stopped at my parents' house for a cup of tea, but now I'm home, pyjamas on, Toy Show jumper on top, Christmas FM playing and I'm about to start the tree! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not waiting anymore. Tree is going up, stand by for tackfest pictures tomorrow in tree thread!

Gutted.

Did anyone try the usual methods that we can't discuss. Two good words to google are "bypass Georestrictions". Can't say much more I don't think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had the Christmas party last night which S loved. He was so happy to meet Santa, he was bursting with excitement. This morning we decorated the couches while listening to Christmas FM and later we're going to grab toy show snacks, then get home and put up the tree, followed by a belated Toy Show watching. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i don't know if you're all ready for this yet...

But....

Look who i met today...

*SQUEAL*

I had to force Paul to stand in the queue for a photo :P towering over all the kids!!

12308553_10208485295555714_7096298849860173939_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

The santa claus is the big big movie tonight !! :)

Ps shakencat that is a lovely picture !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Class!

We had the younglings' Christmas party and Santa visit today. Amazing. Both went and gave Santa a massive hug and chatted with him. Festive face paints, magic reindeer food mixing station, a visit to Santy's toy shop. We were in our elements!

My new tree is up and it's almost too tall. :D

I only have the lights on so far, decorations tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't go mad; sometimes if I buy too much for him, he feels terrible because he "only got you this many".
    But it doesn't bother me. I don't care how many presents I get.
    I appreciate everything I get.
    I'm sure he won't!!
    But you could keep one or two things to surprise him with in gloomy January or for little Christmas! :)

Posy wrote: »
    I'm sure he won't!!
    But you could keep one or two things to surprise him with in gloomy January or for little Christmas! :)

That's a lovely idea posy ! :)

has anyone been to the malahide xmas village yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Christmas HD wallpaper put on my phone as usual. Brilliant live wallpaper if you have a couple of euro and an Android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dualboot.apps.christmas

I feel like it's been Christmas week the past few days all the rush, rush to get the tree up for Friday the house is 99% done, il post pictures later, we'll try I'm all new to posting pictures, then I too was in town for 8.30 yesterday (Alicat I probably passed you) town was lovely yesterday morning, after town shopping for carpet with my aunt, then Woodies, then a furniture shop ordered a mirror for over my fire we will be here two years in June in our house and all the mirrors I've bought and returned so fingers crossed this one works, I was on the go all day yesterday sat down at 7 and was in bed for 9

I'm up early again today heading to blanchardstown for a few bits then it's in for the day and pack for NYC next Saturday morning,

being busy is sometimes good, especially if you're going away!
    I am up for work....

you win

• Registered Users Posts: 30,529 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Coca Cola truck!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Word of warning. Christmas themed fireguards are apparently not for guarding fire and can't withstand heat. I had my snowman one in front of the fire last night and noticed one of the snowmen going brown. When I went for a closer look the metal on the front was all soft and melted in places. Extremely dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I had a small windfall yesterday which will pay all the bills that have been causing me prolonged hardship.

For the first time in 7 years (I was a student until recently) I can get the gifts I want to buy for my family instead of token gifts.

Big smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Watching The Santa Clause, the 3 year old has a lot of questions, it's such a perfect thing to do today

Thanks Igauna for the tip about the fire guard we are hoping to get real dire for the Christmas and I was thinking of getting one of them

Back from Blanchardstown don't think il be seeing that place till New Year it was manic before 11am and hardly any shops were open, final touches to decorations this afternoon, some online shopping, then maybe a snooze then some packing for NYC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

For anyone with cats, apparently the tree not only makes an excellent play thing, it also acts as a great hiding place when you're afraid of next door's cat!

mud wrote: »
    I had a small windfall yesterday which will pay all the bills that have been causing me prolonged hardship.

For the first time in 7 years (I was a student until recently) I can get the gifts I want to buy for my family instead of token gifts.

Big smile!
    That's wonderful news, mud. :D

Don't go nuts with the present buying though- keep something for yourself! :pac:

Watching true christmas on tv and am amazed at some of the famous people in the Christmas films. I've already seen Steve Guttenberg and Holk Hogan in films ! :D

Busy day in mine today. Some more deco done. (Mods please feel free to move if this should be in the show us your tree post )

Got the garland on stairs done and started the kitchen /dining room !

We can copy it, so it's in both threads.

/supermods

Posy wrote: »
    We can copy it, so it's in both threads.

/supermods

Thanks supermods :) lol

• Advertisement

:D

370151.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement