Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Pang wrote: »
    I love watching Oliver on Christmas Eve! Don't ask me why. It started when I was a child and it just seemed to be on tv every Christmas, so it has kind of stuck. :)

Ooh just to let anyone Dublin based or Tiger based that I was in the Nassau street branch today and they had a super duper cute packet of Christmas earrings for 3euro. There were three sets, one was just a plain gold stud, then a snowflake set and to top it off, small dangly green Christmas tree ones!!! :) I was so happy to see them!! Who could resist! :D

Awwwww.... I was in the Santry branch on Sunday and I didn't spot them :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm living in Dublin myself, Tiger always have nice litle glass Christmas Ornaments can't wait until the stock is in.

Out of curiousty where are all of our regular posters on here posting from?

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm living in Dublin myself, Tiger always have nice litle glass Christmas Ornaments can't wait until the stock is in.

Out of curiousty where are all of our regular posters on here posting from?

I'm in Mayo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I'm in Cork/Kerry county.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Oh it's getting closer already getting the kids to think about what Santa is gonna bring. I was wondering would any of you be able to tell me where would be a good place to buy a Christmas table cloth I don't mind if it's oil cloth or material just want something very festive I host dinner for 10 in all so it would have to be a big enough size I am in the Monaghan area but would always do shopping in bigger towns. Maybe online might be my best bet I figured you Christmas fanatics would be a good source of info !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm in Cork City, like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Living here in Dublin CC! Bad for the pocket especially over the next few months!! :)

Emcm wrote: »
    Oh it's getting closer already getting the kids to think about what Santa is gonna bring. I was wondering would any of you be able to tell me where would be a good place to buy a Christmas table cloth I don't mind if it's oil cloth or material just want something very festive I host dinner for 10 in all so it would have to be a big enough size I am in the Monaghan area but would always do shopping in bigger towns. Maybe online might be my best bet I figured you Christmas fanatics would be a good source of info !!!

As luck would have it, I found vinyl in Hickey's on Henry St on Sunday!!! 6.95 a metre I think - I had the red one last year which was a bit short so I'll be buying again this year..... here's a pic of the red one - it also comes in a lovely gold motif...

That is gorgeous washiskin exactly what I am after and a good price too Thnks a mil

any good hardware shop sells Christmas oilcloths. The likes of 4Homes. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I'm Dublin CC too!! I'm always on the look out for anything Xmas related. Already got about 50% done and looking forward to the next 50%!!!!

Love2love wrote: »
    I'm Dublin CC too!! I'm always on the look out for anything Xmas related. Already got about 50% done and looking forward to the next 50%!!!!

You sound so prepared!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really need to start planning my presents, I usually make a lot of my gifts... Anyone else planning any festive related sewing/knitting projects?

Definitely making a few Christmas food hampers for some of my older family members. Really looking forward to starting them.

I have decided I will definitely make lemon curd, chilli oil and apple butter. I think I will add maybe honeycomb and one other product too.

On the craft side, I have a few friends with new babies, so I was thinking of making a few personalised stockings. I really want to knit those cutlery holders too and I'm tempted if I have time to try make a patchwork Christmas tree skirt. My friend made one a few years ago and it was amazing!

Oh my lads here love honeycomb. I use Nigellas recipe :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh my lads here love honeycomb. I use Nigellas recipe :-)

If you have the recipe on hand could you post it up here? I'd love to give it a go :)

This Christmas, now that the kids are a bit older, I don't need to fill their plate at the kitchen counter, and bring it to the table to them. I'd love to get some of those nice serving dishes, ye know the type. China, with a lid on top, with china handles on either side. They keep the food warm, while at the table. They don't necessarily have to be Christmas themed. I could possibly raid my mothers kitchen for them, but she'd nearly notice!

Any ideas where I could get a few? I was thinking an 'ole timers type of shop. Like a trinket shop. but i'm not sure.

Loughc wrote: »
    If you have the recipe on hand could you post it up here? I'd love to give it a go :)
    I'll have a poke around for it, :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

So now that it’s only 4 months away (and a wee bit!) I don’t feel so bad joining in this thread. Plus the Brown Thomas Christmas shop is open, so that means it’s definitely acceptable to start planning!

I am off to the States next week on holiday and one of my favourite things about America is that most of the towns have all year Christmas shops! They are absolutely amazing and I always curse the stupid luggage allowance! Actually it’s probably a positive thing for my credit card that I can’t take everything I want to buy home! I do think the American decorations are stunning, but they aren’t cheap, especially compared to other items out there. *So I have been Googling like mad and have a list of all the shops I want to visit (and strict instructions from my sister who is on this thread to get her something nice from Jim Shore!) Can’t wait!

*My husband is a very patient man :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ncmc wrote: »
    So now that it’s only 4 months away (and a wee bit!) I don’t feel so bad joining in this thread. Plus the Brown Thomas Christmas shop is open, so that means it’s definitely acceptable to start planning!

I am off to the States next week on holiday and one of my favourite things about America is that most of the towns have all year Christmas shops! They are absolutely amazing and I always curse the stupid luggage allowance! Actually it’s probably a positive thing for my credit card that I can’t take everything I want to buy home! I do think the American decorations are stunning, but they aren’t cheap, especially compared to other items out there. *So I have been Googling like mad and have a list of all the shops I want to visit (and strict instructions from my sister who is on this thread to get her something nice from Jim Shore!) Can’t wait!

Your husband sounds like the kind of man I need to marry! :-P

Ah welcome ncmc dear sister I was wondering how long it would take you to cave and join us. Jim Shore yes please I guess I know what my birthday present is !!!!

Mashedbanana there is a range called Maxwell Williams that have lovely table wear they have lots of different designs from plain White to more traditional and I think they even have a Christmas range. It is available in most stores Clearys, Arnotts and I have seen them in local shops here in Monaghsn so you might get what your looking for. But do look in second shops you can get some great finds in places like that.

I would love to do that too this Christmas it would save me serious hassle in the kitchen but with having dinner for 7 adults and 3 kids I would need an enormous table but I might put the veg in the middle this year as it's a pain having to ask everyone what veg they want

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just been in the Brown Thomas Christmas shop and purchased two Christmas tree ornaments. I'm so happy. :D:D

ncmc wrote: »

I am off to the States next week on holiday and one of my favourite things about America is that most of the towns have all year Christmas shops! They are absolutely amazing and I always curse the stupid luggage allowance! Actually it’s probably a positive thing for my credit card that I can’t take everything I want to buy home!

Do what I do - bring the kids - they are tiny, don't take much space and they get full baggage allowance. Bingo!! Did ye think I was a really nice Mummy taking them to Orlando each year? I go with motives *evil laugh bah ha ha*

Posy wrote: »
    Just been in the Brown Thomas Christmas shop and purchased two Christmas tree ornaments. I'm so happy. :D:D

Pics or GTFO!! :D

I love Brown Thomas Christmas shop can't wait to get to the big smoke for a pooch about !!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love2love wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO!! :D
    Oh I have pics, don't worry!! Will throw them up asap!

EDIT: This is all I have so far. I was too excited to take any more photos. :o

Ii2OtYi.jpg?1

0ylBcAb.jpg?1

x5Jn5N3.jpg?2

Loook at the dotey face on that Santa!!!!!!! :D

Eeekkk!! Thanks Posy!!

4 months to Christmas Eve!!

• Advertisement

They are fab, Posy!! :)

This discussion has been closed.