Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I really want to post photos of my tree but my house is such a kip at the moment. I need to tidy up first!

Post away we don't judge.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Loughc wrote: »
    Post away we don't judge.

I know, but still. We're almost there clearing all the kids' toys out of the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I know, but still. We're almost there clearing all the kids' toys out of the way. :)

Just kick them all into another room for the photo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Alicat wrote: »
    Just kick them all into another room for the photo! :D

Never mind another room, just throw them in a pile behind the person who is taking the photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's Christmas month. \o/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's time to open the advent calendars. Wohoo!

Look at my new wrapping paper! Look at it! :D

370306.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Wow I was actually shocked this morning. My boss came in with a little 1.5 / 2 ft christmas tree. He is usually allows decorations just a few days before we finish for christmas and they are gone as soon as we come back from the break. The other employee tried to push for putting up the lights but the line was drawn. Maybe next week...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I heard three Christmas songs this morning on 98fm. I love hearing Christmas songs on the radio! :D

Can't believe we're in December where has this year gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The year has absolutely flown. Remember to enjoy the next few weeks as much as possible, elves. They'll fly by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Look at my new wrapping paper! Look at it! :D

I love it! Can I ask where you got it?

Was up in Avoca in Rathcoole earlier, having brekkie. Bought a cool book for a friend, and there was free wrapping. So over I went and started yapping to the lady tying it up. She tells me she has a 5 week old grandson. I asked her on the way out, was she not a bit young to be a grandmother. That twinkle in her eye will last her till next week at least.

They'll fly by!

Every year it happens, once we get to October the weeks seem to go into turbo mode and they just disappear so fast. Will absolutely be making the most of this holiday season!

I love it! Can I ask where you got it?

M&S! €4.75 but it was in the 3 for 2 offer.

If you are buying in M&S just watch out, as that kitten paper is 4m long, but a lot of the other ones are only 3m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Look at my new wrapping paper

Tempted to wrap dogs stocking fillers in that see how they react :)

The year has absolutely flown. Remember to enjoy the next few weeks as much as possible, elves. They'll fly by!

I always find myself lurking on the Christmas forum all year dying for Christmas to come around and then once we hit late November /early December I get so busy I barely have time to come on here ! It's ironic really :p

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I always find myself lurking on the Christmas forum all year dying for Christmas to come around and then once we hit late November /early December I get so busy I barely have time to come on here ! It's ironic really :p

I find the same! There's so much to see and do over Christmas so I don't get too much time to post on here but then again it's nice to spend Christmas with your loved ones and not having a phone or laptop attached to the hip.

I find the same! There's so much to see and do over Christmas so I don't get too much time to post on here but then again it's nice to spend Christmas with your loved ones and not having a phone or laptop attached to the hip.

Very well said ! And totally agree. I think I personally put a lot of emphasis on family and family bonding at Christmas and the days just fly past ! Come early January ill be up typing like a crazy woman talking all about it and starting to look forward to the next one again ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I find that I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on boards at the moment. I've been out of work for the last few weeks due to surgery on my shoulder and will be off until after Christmas. I'm bored to tears as I can't drive so when I'm not walking I'm on boards. Also, I will have to rely on my OH and my 2 daughters to do the Christmas decorating :eek::eek:

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I find that I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on boards at the moment. I've been out of work for the last few weeks due to surgery on my shoulder and will be off until after Christmas. I'm bored to tears as I can't drive so when I'm not walking I'm on boards. Also, I will have to rely on my OH and my 2 daughters to do the Christmas decorating :eek::eek:

Don't stress about it! Just accept that it may not be done the way you want it this year and they are doing it to try help you, and next year you can have it back to your own fabulous way ! That's the advice that was given to me 2 years ago when I was pregnant and on bed rest... still didn't stop me freaking out because they were doing it "the wrong way " :p but you never know it may help you lol x. ps hope your feeling better. And there are worse ways to spend your days when your not feeling the best. It's a happy place to be ! (And think of all the ideas /tips/inspiration you get from the fellow elves here ! :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks Glizggirl. You exactly right. I might have to have something to calm me down when they are doing the tree as I'm a tad obsessive about it. However, things could be worse I suppose :)

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Thanks Glizggirl. You exactly right. I might have to have something to calm me down when they are doing the tree as I'm a tad obsessive about it. However, things could be worse I suppose :)

Have a hot chocolate and watch elf and try not to look at the tree lol :) worked for me that year !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Mini Christmas forum random meet at the Elf screening in Sugar Club! It's me and Emmagination! :D Great night. And lovely to meet you. :)

s6WFJXh.jpg?1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well I'm not jealous at all.

*cries with jealousy*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Elf was loads of fun! I went for dinner with my sister beforehand which, while delicious, was not a great idea as we arrived a bit late (doors opened at 7.30, we got there about 8) and the queue for the bar was huge! However we nabbed 2 seats at the back so we were happy enough. Yay for candy canes and ginger cookies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We did our letter to santa the other evening and since we were being all festive and the children weren't killing each other, I got the fancy camera out and took a few pics :)

nnts8g.jpg
    11j18gz.jpg

The postman just delivered these. Not sure if related to the poster above me!

IMAG2141_1.jpg

Guys, the standard of the Christmas trees this year on show in the show us your tree thread is incredible! They all look amazing! Serious good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Guys, the standard of the Christmas trees this year on show in the show us your tree thread is incredible! They all look amazing! Serious good work!

Absolutely. They're amazing. I'm going to be morto putting mine up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mine is going to be one of two things - either a very small, plug in with lights that I will heap with decorations OR a beautiful real tree that my housemate has promised me but that will not materialise until next weekend...I think I should buy the little one anyway just in case!

(But I LOVE the smell of a real tree! So exciting if we get that one!!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement