Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely. They're amazing. I'm going to be morto putting mine up! :D

Not at all. I'm sure yours is just as nice. When i get home from work this evening I'm gonna shout at my tree why can't you look like them while waving pictures from the thread in its tree face. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Posy wrote: »
    Well I'm not jealous at all.

*cries with jealousy*

I have a sore head today if that's any consolation!

Lovely to meet you too Baby & Crumble!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Not at all. I'm sure yours is just as nice. When i get home from work this evening I'm gonna shout at my tree why can't you look like them while waving pictures from the thread in its tree face. :pac:

And then hug it and apologise because you love it really! (And it looks amazing anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »

Ah don't make the tree feel bad. It's probably still feeling guilty bc it was such an ordeal to put up and it is a fab looking tree. You should go hug it and make up with it before you hurt it's feelings :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Today our tree gnome brought the Christmas village. :D
    S absolutely loves it. He had it down on the floor for ages enacting Christmas Eve with all the Little People in their houses and Santa flew from house to house delivering presents. It was adorable.

2dspdhw.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

iguana wrote: »
    Today our tree gnome brought the Christmas village. :D
    S absolutely loves it. He had it down on the floor for ages enacting Christmas Eve with all the Little People in their houses and Santa flew from house to house delivering presents. It was adorable.

2dspdhw.png

That's just too cute and so child friendly ! Fantastic idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

^^^Is that one of the advent calender sets? I was so tempted to get one but a few of the reviews on amazon complained that it was small. Raging I didn't get it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So I thought it was time to do my desktop on my work computer. It's a bit hard to see from the pic but the tree twinkles and there is moving balls and snow on the toolbar. My cursor also sprinkles snowflakes when it's moved :D:D

Capture_zpsuy3jsxjs.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's amazing!! Love it. I just threw on my Christmas wallpaper this morning. Must download a Christmas tree for the corner.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I found my perfect Christmas jumper! :)

It costs £45 :( (that's about €64 at current excahnge rates :eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

^^^Is that one of the advent calender sets? I was so tempted to get one but a few of the reviews on amazon complained that it was small. Raging I didn't get it now!

No it's regular sized Little People sets. I bought a bundle of them on ebay as I wanted a Christmas village so much but thought it would never survive the first week. This was my compromise and I love it. I think I like it better than the traditional sets. Though I may need a bigger board for it, as it's a bit squashed looking. You can barely see the gingerbreadmen fences.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

That's a fantastic idea Iguana!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Scarinae wrote: »
    I found my perfect Christmas jumper! :)

It costs £45 :( (that's about €64 at current excahnge rates :eek:)

Is it the Gremlins one on Mondo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Kitten k - where did you get the computer desktop picture from?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is it the Gremlins one on Mondo?

No, it's a dinosaur one - but now I've looked up the Gremlins one and I want it too!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Kitten k - where did you get the computer desktop picture from?

I just googled Christmas Wallpapers and looked at a few sites. This is it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Scarinae wrote: »
    No, it's a dinosaur one - but now I've looked up the Gremlins one and I want it too!

My husband wanted it, but so so expensive.
    http://mondotees.com/products/gremlins-knit-sweater

Gremlins_Sweater_1024x1024.jpg?v=1446504218

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's class

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Fab day today. Husband and I both took the day off work to finish the shopping, had everything planned so just had to go get them, finished by lunchtime and had then had the festive afternoon tea in the Westbury as our treat and even snagged the window seat overlooking Grafton street for it :) Just divine!!!

We got our first Christmas card today!

• Advertisement

We got one yesterday too!

It was soggy and the poor postman practically had to swim up the driveway to deliver it but I'm sure he thinks it's worth it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got one yesterday. The person who sent it always have their cards done before anyone else.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I got one yesterday. The person who sent it always have their cards done before anyone else.

Yeah, it's the same with the people who sent us the card. Meanwhile I've been saying for a week and a half that I need to go to the post office for stamps! Maybe tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I don't really do Christmas cards! Anyone else the same?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I find that I'm spending an inordinate amount of time on boards at the moment. I've been out of work for the last few weeks due to surgery on my shoulder and will be off until after Christmas. I'm bored to tears as I can't drive so when I'm not walking I'm on boards. Also, I will have to rely on my OH and my 2 daughters to do the Christmas decorating :eek::eek:
    mud wrote: »
    I don't really do Christmas cards! Anyone else the same?
    I normally do but I never got around to it last year :o
    I'll stick it in my calendar to write the overseas ones this weekend and post them off. I know I have loads of cards from previous years somewhere in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We have so many Christmas cards somewhere in the house. A few years ago I bought a load of them in January and forgot about them. Then every December I can't find them or I forget and buy more!

Plus my son's school do cards where the kids design them and you can order your own child's card. Bit sad that next year is the last one :(

Also I get a bit lazy about writing cards. I do immediate family and friends. But then some of my relations send up a card and if I send to one I have to send to them all. Then if I do that for my relations then I should really do that for himself's relations also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This looks seriously cool for outside the house - a cousin in the US just linked to this post so I'm not sure if it's available here/for delivery here or not.

370520.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KitchenFunWithMy3Sons/photos/a.371333696230783.86476.197742143589940/1081448101886002/?type=3&fref=nf

I love sending and receiving cards. Post is so boring the rest of the year so it's nice to get a few cards. I've jut noticed that the shiny bits on the card we got today reflect the light so it looks like there are actual lights on the tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I sent all of mine on Tuesdays, haven't received any yet. Last year we hardly got any

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement