Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I sent all of mine on Tuesdays, haven't received any yet. Last year we hardly got any

I send loads every year and very rarely get any back. Not many people send them anymore I dont think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Christmas cards have died off an awful lot in the last 5 years. Hence the christmas An Post ad trying to play on everyone's nostalgia about giving/receiving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I sent mine on Monday. I love getting them!! :-) it's nicer than a text!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

SMJSF wrote: »
    I sent mine on Monday. I love getting them!! :-) it's nicer than a text!

Totally agree. No comparison really. I love getting them!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

mud wrote: »
    I don't really do Christmas cards! Anyone else the same?

I don't really do them if I can get away with it but I'll be doing card making crafts with the 3 year old over the coming days for my immediate family and in laws and sending those off/distributing them personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't really do Christmas cards! Anyone else the same?

Don't either, but most t of he people me and my family are related to don't deserve them so...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've Christmassed my avatar! That generic purple Boards one really isn't suitable for this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

iguana wrote: »
    I don't really do them if I can get away with it but I'll be doing card making crafts with the 3 year old over the coming days for my immediate family and in laws and sending those off/distributing them personally.

Ah that sounds nice! I bought a packet of cards that my nephews designed so hey presto! I guess some people will get cards this year after all.
    Don't either, but most t of he people me and my family are related to don't deserve them so...

Fair enough. I love Christmas because it's an excuse to spoil loved ones but I also know that Christmas doesn't magically make me want to see or contact people I dislike for whatever reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day three weeks folks! Yikes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Loughc wrote: »

I decided today that I'm putting together a Christmas eve box for myself to be opened when I'm in home for the night and I have four consecutive days off in front of me :)

On the list so far is new pyjamas, a new book, a posh candle, a scratch card and some Lindt chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wish Christmas would hurry up, I'm ready now!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I decided today that I'm putting together a Christmas eve box for myself to be opened when I'm in home for the night and I have four consecutive days off in front of me :)

On the list so far is new pyjamas, a new book, a posh candle, a scratch card and some Lindt chocolate.

Add an extra nice bottle of wine!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lads, this is my Christmas weekend.

We have bought all the presents. Tonight we order a Chinese, put on Christmas fm and decorate the tree and the rest of the flat.

Tomorrow we bask in the glow of the tree and wrap all our presents, write all our cards, drink wine all day and eat cheese and crisps.

On Sunday we are going to a Victorian Christmas market following by an evening performance of A Christmas Carol.

Christmaaaaaaaaaas!!!!! :pac::):p:D

Loughc wrote: »

Oh gosh don't say that. I'm so looking forward to Christmas but I'm not ready for it to be over either.:eek:
    I wish it could be Christmas 'time' forever.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    Oh gosh don't say that. I'm so looking forward to Christmas but I'm not ready for it to be over either.:eek:
    I wish it could be Christmas 'time' forever.

You and me both! I love the build up but my god does it go by too fast!

Not long now until the Christmas RTE Guide. Every year I say that I'm not going to get it and every year I do.

https://twitter.com/rte/status/672789556232519682

Not long now until the Christmas RTE Guide. Every year I say that I'm not going to get it and every year I do.

https://twitter.com/rte/status/672789556232519682

Likewise, I get it every year and rarely open it, if it wasn't for the crosswords I'd never open it! I don't watch traditional tv as much as I use to. DVR's and on Demand has taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Feels like I haven't been here in ages! Time is just flying past :( been busy here! Our elf jingles arrived and we've being enjoying his antics over the last few days. Advent calendars are in full swing. My eldest son is taking part in the turning on the lights ceremony in town here tomorrow so he's super excited! And my youngest had his birthday yesterday so chaos in my house !

Still need to post my Christmas cards am unbelievably late doing it this year (I normally do it the last Friday in November :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've decided that my tree and garland need more decorations, so seeing as heatons have 20% off I'm going to head there on Sunday. Was going to get them on Wednesday but my husband was with me and disuaded me, that won't happen on Sunday! I am determined

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I just received a Christmas card and a box of gingerbread - ok, so it was a corporate thing that they probably send out to thousands of people but FREE LEBKUCHEN and it is in a fancy tin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I have shopping to do and I'm wondering am I mad to consider town with the "impending" storm.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I had a Santy bagel for lunch today :) Turkey, ham, stuffing and cranberry sauce. It's like a Christmas sandwich that I don't have to wait for. I think I like the Christmas sandwich better than the dinner

Just won tickets to see Die Hard on the big screen on Monday (which is also my birthday) with a free food reception afterwards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Has Home Alone been on yet ?

Also, I haven't seen anyone selling christmas trees in my area, where they usually are. There are usually sold in Howth, Sutton and Killbarack and no one is selling them this year it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Our local fella is selling trees since last week.

I'm having warm and fuzzy Christmas feelings this evening. Tree is on. Fire is flickering. Christmas candle smells wafting through the apartment. I'm warm and cosy, and watching Christmas movies.

<3

Can't find any Red Panda wearing a Santa hat pictures for my avatar. I presumed they'd all be wearing them this time of the year.

Bingo!

hqdefault.jpg

Dolbert wrote: »
    Bingo!

hqdefault.jpg

Wasn't looking for a psychopath Red Panda but he'll do nicely thanks!

Giz any red panda pic you like and I'll stick a santa hat on him no bother!

• Advertisement

I used this site for mine. Just find a red panda photo you're happy with and it will do the work for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement