Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Spent the morning making decorations with S, he was so happy but it was very hard to get a good photo as he was bopping to Christmas FM while he painted.
    binu51.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dolbert wrote: »
    Giz any red panda pic you like and I'll stick a santa hat on him no bother!

No, he's fine thanks. He looks like he's in his smoking jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

elves_zpskd39j2jz.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What are people doing with their outdoor decorations? I've just put mine back up in the attic after getting sick of tripping over them in the hall all week. I have my porch tree up now and I'll put my stars in the front windows on Monday. I'd been holding off so I could do the whole lot together. But there is no point in putting lights around the guttering or in the garden atm as they'd just blow away. And maybe I would too if I climbed a ladder outdoors. Is there any let up in the storms predicted? I read that they'll be happening until mid-week at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin city serving mulled wine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Has Home Alone been on yet ?

Also, I haven't seen anyone selling christmas trees in my area, where they usually are. There are usually sold in Howth, Sutton and Killbarack and no one is selling them this year it seems.

Saw an ad up at the GAA pitch in Kilbarrack on Friday so assumed the trees were there now.Maybe they are selling from Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Saw Santa today :)

santaclaus.jpg

santclaus.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

iguana wrote: »
    Spent the morning making decorations with S, he was so happy but it was very hard to get a good photo as he was bopping to Christmas FM while he painted.
    binu51.png

I love his curls,he is dotie.
    I also like your tablecloth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We had the 1st kids christmas party of the season today and I am wrecked!!
    The kids have their next one next weekend and then The SNowman the weekend after then Christmas:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Gorgeous shakencat :D We have 2 santa parties tomorrow, I'm hoping we get a photo with everyone smiling this year :)

I'm currently basking in the glow of the tree, stuffed with Chinese food and we're breaking out the board games. If that isn't christmassy then I don't know what is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Christmas present part 1 dished out as it was a holiday for me and the OH, yoga and surf retreat. Not very Christmasy

However, on the way back I was in Columbo, Sri Lanka, airport and was amazed at all the tress they had up being a Buddhist place. I was mopping about finishing my holiday but excited to be getting closer to Christmas.

Now I am close enough to put on the 'good Christmas movies'. have a few more pressies to get, the credit card is getting a work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

iguana wrote: »
    What are people doing with their outdoor decorations? I've just put mine back up in the attic after getting sick of tripping over them in the hall all week. I have my porch tree up now and I'll put my stars in the front windows on Monday. I'd been holding off so I could do the whole lot together. But there is no point in putting lights around the guttering or in the garden atm as they'd just blow away. And maybe I would too if I climbed a ladder outdoors. Is there any let up in the storms predicted? I read that they'll be happening until mid-week at the very least.

Mine are up and so far all reindeer have still been accounted for ! :) secured down with those camping hooks for tents. Mr glitzgirl is in the army so if he can't secure my decorations down in the garden I dont hold much hope for him when he goes camping lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

IT'S CHRISTMAS TREE DAY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

We want to see progress pics

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

IT'S CHRISTMAS TREE DAY!!!!!

Here too! I came on to ask where you guys think would be best to get a garland for the stairs. I don't mind doing a bit of diy-ing like bulking it out with ribbon and lights etc but I need to get it as cheap as possible. I can access tesco, penneys, dunnes, dealz and home store. :)

Once the two gentlemen of the house get up from their nap we will head out and get our garland, Christmas coffees and a fresh donut. Then come home and start decorating. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Whispered wrote: »
    Here too! I came on to ask where you guys think would be best to get a garland for the stairs. I don't mind doing a bit of diy-ing like bulking it out with ribbon and lights etc but I need to get it as cheap as possible. I can access tesco, penneys, dunnes, dealz and home store. :)

Once the two gentlemen of the house get up from their nap we will head out and get our garland, Christmas coffees and a fresh donut. Then come home and start decorating. \o/

Too late I know but heatons are great value garlands

Jude13 wrote: »
    We want to see progress pics

We went out to the I Believe market (it was packed!) so there was no progress until I swept the sitting room floor at 5! The decorations were still in the attic at that stage. It's all done now though and I'm so excited. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We got a real tree today, woohoo! I need to buy some lights tomorrow then we can put the decorations on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,529 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas RTE Guide 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Was really starting to panic the last few days. Little Sunny Dayz still hadn't written his letter to Santa (or his Christmas List as he is calling it this year, he's 11). Kept badgering him last week, he said he didn't know what he wanted, the one thing he wanted (a computer game) isn't available for our console.
    Bought our (fake) Christmas tree yesterday and went into the big toy store after for a nosy. Thank god he seen a few things in there he liked and we went home all in the Christmas spirit and I made him write out his list before the good spirits wore off!
    *wipes sweat from her brow* "phew"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas RTE Guide 2015!

That cover is brilliant. When's it on sale?

Usually our Christmas tree takes up half the room then last year we got a small fake one because I couldn't take antihistamines (I'm allergic to real). Good thing because our small tree is barricaded in the corner behind a sofa and fire guard. Little baby hands managed to tumble it twice yesterday while it was being put up. He tried to climb into it at one stage.

Loughc wrote: »
    That cover is brilliant. When's it on sale?

They're distributing it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We put up the tree last night and got a Chinese. It was the best. Last year we only put up the tree on Christmas Eve and it felt like no time at all until we had to take it down again (in our defence, we had a 2 week old at the time) :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    We put up the tree last night and got a Chinese. It was the best. Last year we only put up the tree on Christmas Eve and it felt like no time at all until we had to take it down again (in our defence, we had a 2 week old at the time) :)

How is the baby with the tree?

Have you had your party yet?

How is the baby with the tree?

Have you had your party yet?

We have it strategically blocked off with furniture, he loves the lights (in fact any lights in general)!

We've put off the party til next Saturday as the poor mite had the vomiting bug, his actual birthday is tomorrow *sob* Have you had yours yet?

Ah happy birthday to him! Poor little pet. I hope he feels better soon.

We're having the party on Sunday. He has a headcold at the moment so hopefully that'll clear by then.

We're having the party on Sunday. He has a headcold at the moment so hopefully that'll clear by then.

He was pretty much better tbh but we said we'd better be safe than sorry and not give it to the other kids, that bug is so contagious! Hope your little guy feels better soon :)

I have my party supplies lined up, turkey, ham, mince pies, panettone, mulled wine, prosecco, chocolate truffles and a big box of cheese & onion tayto. I'm fairly certain we'll have loads of food left over and have to eat it all ourselves, what a terrible shame :pac:

Just spent the morning making sure that some of the items we got on the toy show that we couldnt use or were not suitable for us have gone to good homes. Dolls have been given to children's hospital as a donation, one to a cousins little girl. And the ice skating vouchers have been given to family as we aleady have santa booked and paid for. Loved making the calls and helping people out at this time of year, and delighted that everything has gone to good use with someone who will enjoy it.

As karma I'm off to Dublin this weekend and plan to spend a small fortune... must break the news to Mr glitzgirl about that lol :) . Weather is shocking out definitely a day to sit in by the fire and have a few treats :D

• Advertisement

How are you getting on with the tree whispered ? All the kids with December birthday seem to be sick lately ! My youngest had his second birthday last week and he was dying with a viral infection :( he's getting use out of the presents now though. And I am so jynxing myself by saying this but he isn't going anywhere near the tree! I am amazed :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement