Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Did you have to glue the figures down iguana? Can't wait til my lads are old enough that they don't try to eat or glue the craft supplies to themselves. My old crafty box is just gathering dust these days :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Did you have to glue the figures down iguana? Can't wait til my lads are old enough that they don't try to eat or glue the craft supplies to themselves. My old crafty box is just gathering dust these days :(

I used some white tack that I got in Dealz stationary section.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    https://instagram.com/p/_CEFUezSNF/

That's a surprising number 1. Poor quality street :'(

A few years ago I would have been surprised by that number 1 but Celebrations are a real crowd pleaser I think. It's summed up well by the scene in the Gavin and Stacey where Nessa gives them all Celebrations and Gwen gets the Bounty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Not surprised at all by that. It's Def celebrations or hero's here. I think we have one box of roses and quality street in case people call over! Everyone is happy with a box of celebrations lol

So excited ! Just got my order for work in post. I had to post a few pics the boxes and packaging is just too cute to ignore :D

• Advertisement

I had to pass 2 roads that lead to a shopping centre to get to Supervalu this morning before 10 and the traffic was already backed up. It's so close now! So glad I don't have to go to the centre for the rest of the year though. I like to view the traffic from afar. :D

I also passed the hot parcel delivery guy twice. That was also very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I had to pass 2 roads that lead to a shopping centre to get to Supervalu this morning before 10 and the traffic was already backed up. It's so close now! So glad I don't have to go to the centre for the rest of the year though. I like to view the traffic from afar. :D

I also passed the hot parcel delivery guy twice. That was also very exciting.

Ha ha ha ha - pic of the hot parcel delivery guy - even from a distance!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

12308463_1109787955733013_7274780595612155702_n.jpg?oh=4e09da188777657bf8fc3b53e5de27dc&oe=56DA5DAC

I need to stop blinking christmas is going past way too fast !! :o only 2 weeks away !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh no, my party food is getting all eaten (by me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Dolbert wrote: »
    Oh no, my party food is getting all eaten (by me)

That's perfectly acceptable. You need to test them all before giving them to guests. What if they're poisonous? You are saving lives!

Up early this morning to bring my husband to an appointment and Christmas FM really really helped me get over the alarm going off at 5.15. I was almost awake by the time we got in the car! That's a miracle!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ᗰદ૨૨ʏᐠ₍⁽˚⑅̆˚⁾₎ᐟᘓમ૨ıડτന੨ડ

^^
    Been messing with Japanese style emoticons.

I had a panic yesterday thinking I hadn't planned my Christmas dinner yet. Then I realised I still have a few weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

bought myself my first gift today :) soap and glory set reduced to half price. 84 down to 42 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE EVE
    EVE EVE EVE EVE EVE EVE
    EVE EVE EVE EVE EVE!:D

Does anyone else with small kids end up having to completely redecorate the tree? Mine currently has big bald patches and clustered patches where the toddler has rearranged the baubles and it looks awful :( I'm half tempted to take them all off and do it again from scratch but I know the same thing will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Does anyone else with small kids end up having to completely redecorate the tree? Mine currently has big bald patches and clustered patches where the toddler has rearranged the baubles and it looks awful :( I'm half tempted to take them all off and do it again from scratch but I know the same thing will happen again.

I'm going to fix mine christmas eve, so they look all pretty for the photos. Otherwise I'd equate it to brushing up leaves in a storm!

What's a good movie to watch with a 3 year old. We've already done Arthur Christmas, Santa Claus the Movie and the Home Alones. I think The Santa Clause movies would be too old for him and I suspect Elf might be too. We're going to see Santa tomorrow so I want something to get us in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

iguana wrote: »
    What's a good movie to watch with a 3 year old. We've already done Arthur Christmas, Santa Claus the Movie and the Home Alones. I think The Santa Clause movies would be too old for him and I suspect Elf might be too. We're going to see Santa tomorrow so I want something to get us in the mood.

Santa Who is brilliant. It's one of my favourite Christmas movies. Leslie Nielsen is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm on my way to Edinburgh for the Christmas markets. Meeting my husband at our hotel as he's been away this week for work. Can't wait! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh I was in Edinburgh a few years ago at Christmas and it was gorgeous! So jealous!!
    Have a great time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Polar express and frozen are on repeat in our house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We saw santa at airfield this morning, it was amazing. So charming and cute, so we'll set out.

Both the girls were amazed, and we had such a lovely time the awful weather, big thumbs up from us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My Dad in the back of the car with the tree :D we forgot to bring rope! Not completely safe but we're only 3 or 4 minutes from the garden centre. I do not condone sitting in the boot! :p

371525.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Is Big classed a crimbo flick?

We ended up watching The Santa Clause 2 on RTE and it was a big hit. Much to the chagrin of my husband who thinks it's stupid. It worked out really well as I think the elves at the Santa we're going to tomorrow are kids.

I just wrapped my first Christmas present of the year. It was a disaster. :D I tried that diagonal wrapping method but I didn't bother to measure the paper first so I didn't have enough. Then I started again and wrapped normally but used double sided tape rather than regular tape and I didn't have enough paper to cover the tape fully. I think the ribbon is covering it well enough but I bet I'll get up in the morning and it will be stuck to the table.

Ooh Alicat I've been waiting for the pic of your parents tree, it's always the highlight of the christmas tree thread!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had my Christmas party at noon on Thursday and it was mainly booze. then had the OH's one at 8pm. I am still dying.

Spent Friday getting two take aways and watching Home alone, the santa clause and a Christmas carol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement