Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Whispered wrote: »
    Happy birthday! IT was my boys first birthday yesterday. December birthdays are great. We had a fab weekend. Big party yesterday. Did you do anything for yours?

We went to see Santa in lullymore today. Absolutely brilliant day. Fabulous place.

I went up to Dublin for the day. Met some friends and did some shopping. I really enjoyed it. It was great to get back to Dublin. There was a great buzz in the city in the lead up to Christmas. Was disappointed to see Clery's closed though! Due to work commitments it's the first time in four years I have had the chance to get back home to my city for my birthday. Happy Birthday to your little boy. I hope he had a great day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

12360174_1030007837042842_6639739639380239262_n.jpg?oh=fae8911799a915357f0458fcff192c8e&oe=571986F0

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm having a serious craving for St Stephens Day dinner. (Same as Christmas Day dinner, but 100 times better!)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I refuse to have a single Brussel sprout till Christmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

amor3 wrote: »
    I refuse to have a single Brussel sprout till Christmas day!

Your right. I only like them boiled in ham water with my Mammys gravy. I had them yesterday without the ham water and gravy. Disappointing as always until the big day. Then they are so tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are in single digits in the countdown to Christmas!!! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    We are in single digits in the countdown to Christmas!!! :D

I can't believe it! It has absolutely flown. I haven't been feeling very festive for the last couple of days. Time to do something about that before it's too late.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm finding it hard to feel festive with all the bloody rain. I want to go to the Christmas market etc, but it's just been miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Posy wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to feel festive with all the bloody rain. I want to go to the Christmas market etc, but it's just been miserable!

Get your umbrella out :P

Finished my final exams last Wednesday and have been immersed in Christmas since then.

Was at the Farmleigh market in the rain on Sunday (they have smores!!), and loved the indoor vintage market in Smithfield. Picked up some lovely stuff.

And I've been watching Christmas films, wrapping gifts, baking gingerbread, drinking gingerbread cocktails and mulled wine.

And my fiance played Dracula in a Christmas play and chowed down on Santa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Tonight is packing night, don't know why as my OH will unpack everything tomorrow evening to make sure it's all there.

I was feeling really festive a week or so ago, not so much this week. Too much work to do before I leave for Ireland and maybe too much mulled wine last night.

Rain rain go away!!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »

It's looking like today might be okayish so maybe you might get to go.

We managed to get to the I Believe one on a nice cold day. We got rained on at Farmleigh but we ate smores under and umbrella and ate crepes in the car so I was happy.

I d miss the rain a bit, here is my peak into the world at home

http://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Can't wait for a bag of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen this and thought it was a nice sentiment

12341163_1028936690479571_3558275086854034643_n.jpg?oh=1cfeb6f39315a815c4404740cfc85e4b&oe=56D7E4C3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We're going into town today for a late lunch with the kids, hoping that by the time we finish it'll be dark enough to see the lights!

As I said to my 3 year old, if you can count it on your fingers christmas is very close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I always count how close it is when you see it as the expiry date on the milk :D

I always count how close it is when you see it as the expiry date on the milk :D

I finished a box of eggs with the use by date of the 25th on them the other day and I was actually upset throwing the box out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We had a party on Sunday so now that's done I can concentrate on Christmas.
    But disaster! I might need to make a trip to the vet for a minor injury on one of my dogs. All my Christmas pressie savings will be gone! I'll have to shove the dog at people and say their pressie is a hug and hope they understand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

kitten_k wrote: »
    Seen this and thought it was a nice sentiment

12341163_1028936690479571_3558275086854034643_n.jpg?oh=1cfeb6f39315a815c4404740cfc85e4b&oe=56D7E4C3

That's so true. I think most people will think the same!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sent the pooch out for her Christmas groom yesterday. When the lady delivered her back, she had a 3 foot long Christmas stocking with her name(spelt wrong) stitched onto it. It's bigger then the ones I ordered for us. What the hell am I gonna put into it, I could probably fit 2 more dogs in it, it's that big. She's a small king charles!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Love Actually is on RTE One @ 9.35 tonight.
    Might help to get you all feeling more festive!

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Sent the pooch out for her Christmas groom yesterday. When the lady delivered her back, she had a 3 foot long Christmas stocking with her name(spelt wrong) stitched onto it. It's bigger then the ones I ordered for us. What the hell am I gonna put into it, I could probably fit 2 more dogs in it, it's that big. She's a small king charles!

A bed might be nice, in a local place you can get a large cushion bed for €5 or €6, a couple of cans of her favourite dog food (which you'd be buying anyway), a cuddly toy for snuggling up on her new bed with.

She got a new bed for her birthday last month. Brown leather, up on 4 legs. Her old one was a bit colder, as it was on the ground, we thought the tiles might not be as comfy as she gets older. We'll give her a few carrot sticks, she likes them.

Yeah our boys get christmas dinner and that's it. I have a great pic of my younger one with his kibble thrown all over the floor in protest after having a couple of days of human food. "you expect me to eat THIS muck?!"

I'm thinking this year of getting a flirt pole in the jan sales though. I've been using a homemade one but a bought one might be sturdier.

Raw carrots I meant to say, that's the only human food she gets. She hoovers crumbs, and if quick, nicks a cracker off the kids. That doesn't happen too often though.

beertons wrote: »
    Raw carrots I meant to say, that's the only human food she gets. She hoovers crumbs, and if quick, nicks a cracker off the kids. That doesn't happen too often though.

haha you're so good keeping such an eye on her! Ours gets human food a lot thanks to a baby who likes to fling stuff from his highchair at them! I don't mind though, it's home made healthy stuff for the baby so wont do them any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I must have told my brother 10 times since september what i got for his kids for christmas. And yesterday, 10 days before christmas, I find out that santa has decided to bring his little girl the very same thing that I got her :rolleyes: Spent the bones of 4 hours today loading my smallies in/out of the car and making my way across town to argos to change it. Aaargh!!

Just checked in for my flight home tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jude13 wrote: »
    Just checked in for my flight home tonight!!!

That's great, have a safe trip. You must be really excited🎄

Cork Lass wrote: »
    That's great, have a safe trip. You must be really excited🎄

I am indeed, its not till 2am tonight/tomorrow if you know what I mean.

I am holding off googling to see what movies are on the plane. I hope to sleep all the way to London, then a Home Alone run through Heathrow for my flight o Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I must have told my brother 10 times since september what i got for his kids for christmas. And yesterday, 10 days before christmas, I find out that santa has decided to bring his little girl the very same thing that I got her :rolleyes: Spent the bones of 4 hours today loading my smallies in/out of the car and making my way across town to argos to change it. Aaargh!!

Well a family member of mine went and bought the bigger better version of something Santa is bringing for one of my kids. And refuses to return it. It's like they looked at the letter written and mistook themselves for Santa. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement