Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Well in my case, I had the present got long before santa decided what to bring them. It was just more a case of my brother not listening to me telling him repeatedly and then also not paying attention to what his wife was telling him repeatedly :rolleyes: I would never have refused to return it though, that's just bad form :( Santa trumps all humans!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Just checked in for my flight home tonight!!!

Safe flight Jude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am indeed, its not till 2am tonight/tomorrow if you know what I mean.

I am holding off googling to see what movies are on the plane. I hope to sleep all the way to London, then a Home Alone run through Heathrow for my flight o Dublin.

Hahaha! I said that before, had to home alone it through Heathrow myself once :D

Hope you have a good flight! My Facebook memories are reminding me of this time 3 years ago when it took me 3 days to fly home!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Christmas play time!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Whispered wrote: »
    haha you're so good keeping such an eye on her! Ours gets human food a lot thanks to a baby who likes to fling stuff from his highchair at them! I don't mind though, it's home made healthy stuff for the baby so wont do them any harm.

Food allergies. And with all the raisins, cherries, cranberries, et al being around at this time of year, I'm up to 90 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I finish up for Christmas TODAY!

Buddy-excited-cardboard-cutout-2.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well in my case, I had the present got long before santa decided what to bring them. It was just more a case of my brother not listening to me telling him repeatedly and then also not paying attention to what his wife was telling him repeatedly :rolleyes: I would never have refused to return it though, that's just bad form :( Santa trumps all humans!

Oh I know! It's like I have the opposite problem to you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

now, Its Christmassssssssssssss for snowgal! Ive had a crazy time of it lately, crazy! Ive been helping out with a few different projects in the evening/weekend and today is the first day off in 5 weeks (bar one night in Nov) :eek: I am all done and now racing to catch up with all things Christmas :D Tree is up and nearly ready for show. Christmas music is on. Presents to be ordered throughout the day, Christmas food shop to be done this afternoon and my first Christmas party this eve....Cant wait! The Christmas feeling is FINALLY here! (I am never helping other people again, it gets in the way of my Christmasness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I have today and Saturday off, but working from Sunday right through to 5pm on Christmas Eve. Sigh. It's going to go by so fast! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just incase ladies if anyone has a Pixie Fan in their house I see they have announced a Dublin and Cork gig for next year.. Make a great Christmas pressie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm going to attempt to finish my Christmas shopping today. I know what I want but town is a pain in the áss with so many people right now! Filling up on sugar here before lunch so I can bolt out the door and get it all done in one fell swoop! :)

You can do it.. Make a list so much easier..

Nearly done with my own now, was very surprised at the shops in cork a lot of them are only open late this week

The atmosphere will be lovely with all the people around. :) (I'm trying to make shopping in town sound good but really I hate crowds. :D)

I'm back to my usual festive self. We drove around a few estates in our area looking at the lights last night, followed by Love Actually. And my husband texted into Christmas FM this morning after I dropped him to work to thank me for getting up mega early for him. I must have looked like a maniac with all the smiling I was doing. :D

I'm wrapping presents today and making a list of everything I need to make some chocolates this weekend. I love this part of Christmas where you start doing all the little bits that can only be done in the week leading up to the big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Milly33 wrote: »
    You can do it.. Make a list so much easier..

Nearly done with my own now, was very surprised at the shops in cork a lot of them are only open late this week

I did some of it online for the first time this year and it was brilliant! I'll have to do this ninja style... :)

Like a stealth.... Online is great alright, I always try to do a bit of both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Throat infection :( So much to do for next week and am bringing my hubby to see star wars tonight. So rather than getting the nap I need, my 3 year old has convinced me to motivate myself to ice my cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So cakes done, now it's coffee time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

They look fab!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll take 10. :D

Greetings everyone, feels like I haven't gotten to post here in days due to being so busy in work, lots of late evenings and long days, on the upside I've only 2 work days left and I am off until the 4th of January. The holidays can't come quick enough.

I've literally no spare time until now and the 27th, so much to do and see. I love this time of year but I really wish we could slow time down to a crawl now as it tends to fly by from here on in!

• Advertisement

wow loverly cakes see wasn't it worth it.. You can always nap through Star Wars if tisnt your thing

Must say Im quite enjoying this Christmas now..... Pressies kinda done, first (ill put the words in brackets incase it hits me married one) and myself and himself aren't stressed or odd at eachother due to crappy things.... All is good bar this growing toothache which I am going to kill the pain tonight with wine at the staff party night.

I used the last of last year's wrapping paper and this year's wrapping paper looks really awful and cheap next to it. I'll just put a lot of ribbon on the presents to perk it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Had a fab trip in NYC last week but have been struck down with the flu since last week and my asthma has flared up, I feel so useless, hoovering needs doing some cleaning too plus some last minute shopping, I think the remaining gifts I need will just have to be treats or alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm finally driving again having been off the road for over 5 weeks due to shoulder surgery. I can now get around without depending on others or having to walk miles each day. Can't lift anything yet but at least I can get to the shops to soak up a bit of the atmosphere :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Santa paid a visit to creche today, and gave them a small pressie of a book. They didn't realise that till they got home. They were expecting the ninja turtles and a bicycle. The commotion after took a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I finish up for Christmas TODAY!

I finish up tomorrow!

I finish up tomorrow!

I finish monday. Counting down the minutes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

beertons wrote: »
    Santa paid a visit to creche today, and gave them a small pressie of a book. They didn't realise that till they got home. They were expecting the ninja turtles and a bicycle. The commotion after took a lot of work.

We had similar when S first saw Santa this year. Santa briefly visited a party we were at and S was delighted to see him and thrilled with the car he got. Then half an hour after Santa left S suddenly ran up to me saying, "Wait! Where's my Imaginext Batcave?" He thought Santa had forgotten to give it to him.

We had our Christmas party at playgroup today and Santa made a visit. It went really well which I'm on a high about as I'd organised it and Santa
    was my dad who S sees nearly every day
    . Thankfully S was just super happy to see Santa and get another chance to remind him about his Batcave.:D

snowgal wrote:
    now, Its Christmassssssssssssss for snowgal! Ive had a crazy time of it lately, crazy! Ive been helping out with a few different projects in the evening/weekend and today is the first day off in 5 weeks (bar one night in Nov) I am all done and now racing to catch up with all things Christmas Tree is up and nearly ready for show. Christmas music is on. Presents to be ordered throughout the day, Christmas food shop to be done this afternoon and my first Christmas party this eve....Cant wait! The Christmas feeling is FINALLY here! (I am never helping other people again, it gets in the way of my Christmasness!)

Aaah, enjoy! You absolutely deserve it!
    Hope your tree is all up and glowing by now and all your shopping done.
    And as for all the helping out you've done, I'm sure you're at the top of Santa's Nice List!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote:
    I finish monday. Counting down the minutes.

Monday will be here before you know it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement