Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It took all my self restraint not to buy EVERYTHING. :D

Posy wrote: »

No need to show restraint in front of us!!! Think of it as spreading the love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

But Posy, where are the pictures of what you bought?? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hitting BT this week so. And I'm bringing the credit card! Haha!

Came across this on the rte site tonight wow I almost cried with happiness!

http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/922-christmas-tv-past/

Aw, Loughc, thanks for sharing, the Christmas Story kids are too cute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

:D I love everything about Christmas !!!
    I haven't had much opportunity to celebrate the past four+ years - hopefully that can change next year. :)

Posy, what a glorious place :D thanks for the cheery pictures

Loughc, enjoy your Christmassy excursion ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

it's 4 months today :0 , time is flying this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Twice today I've heard Christmas mentioned on TV! TWICE! Granted its was the same ad but it still counts!

It's Finally starting! Woohoo!

It will be September this day next week- then it's ON!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It will be September this day next week- then it's ON!! :D

You know it's almost Christmas when the kids are back in school and xfactor starts! Then all is need is for Halloween to get out of our way and the road to Christmas is on the home straight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just saw tins of Roses, Quality Street, Celebrations and Heroes at my local Tesco!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Ah Posy thanks for sharing pics it just looks gorgeous I am like a nutcase when I hit Brown Thomas at Christmas I could quite literally buy everything if I won the lotto that is. I try and buy something there every year, their tree decorations are fabulous they are always a little bit different

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Coming back from a run tonight just noticed how its getting dark a little bit earlier every evening now - was nearly dark at 8.45 tonight - Autumn is setting in!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I noticed that too Leahyl. Isn't it great? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thought you guys might appreciate this...

7bf044b23eb00ec5fac7733c6b73d585.jpg

:D:D:D

Thought you guys might appreciate this...

7bf044b23eb00ec5fac7733c6b73d585.jpg

:D:D:D

Saw that on Pinterest tonight love it :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Saw that on Pinterest tonight love it :)

Hahah, that's where I saw it too! I've reorganised my Christmas boards, I'm determined to be more organised and do way more home made crafts this year since I have moved in with my gf!!

Hahah, that's where I saw it too! I've reorganised my Christmas boards, I'm determined to be more organised and do way more home made crafts this year since I have moved in with my gf!!

I did the same thing for the exact same reason haha!!

Well I'd love to follow some of your guys Christmas boards... maybe get some extra pinspiration! (Yes, I did make that awful joke!!) Might start a new Christmas pinterest board thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Putting up the decorations next week CANT WAIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Weathering wrote: »
    Oh how I envy you that! :D Enjoy some festive carols whilst decking the halls!

Weathering wrote: »

Are you serious? Or are you playing us?

Was talking to one of my friends this morning, he mentioned as his holidays are over he is looking forward to his Birthday next and then the Christmas period and we briefly discussed Christmas plans and we realised that this year will be our 5th Annual 12 Pubs of Christmas, can't believe it will be our 5th!

Any of ye guys organise 12 pubs and if so what year are ye on?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christmasmum

Hi all,
    Long time Christmas forum lurker here,
    Decided it was time to post!
    I'm as obsessed with Christmas as you lot and the kids always tell me Im mad but I think secretly they love it too!
    When I read about Brown Thomas having the Christmas shop open and some of you having a look in I had to go in for a look too.
    Got a few pictures (much to the kids embarrassment) for those of you who havent gotten to check it out yet,
    Lets see if I can get them on!

Link: Brown Thomas Christmas Shop pictures

Aw :(
    I tried to attach 16 piccies to that last post and not one of em turned up!
    I'll mess around with it for a bit and see if I can figure out how to upload a pic. :D

There are a lot of pics for them to be embedded, but if we just follow the link from the first picture it brings you to the imageshack website and everyone can see them from that. :)

Thank you Posy xx
    They had a fab candy themed christmas tree there, I thought I'd gotten a picture of it, it was fab.
    dd has decided she wants to copy it in a smaller scale for her room this year, it had lots of gingerbread figures,
    candy canes and really bright colours. I'm sure you guys have seen that theme before.
    They also had these cool rubber cupcake decorations, we bought one of them as well as a couple of other decorations.
    I'll try to get a piccy of them and add it to my image shack album.
    No doubt her choice of tree is gonna cost ME a fortune this year! I just cant resist it though, its all so shiny and pretty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Thank you Christmasmum for sharing those pictures they are fab and I want absolutely everything oh I wish I didn't live 2 hours from Dublin can't wait to get a trip up to see them all.

That candy cane tree sounds lovely I Adore the little gingerbread men too I got a gorgeous one in BT last year of a little gingerbread man in a red bucket holding a candy cane so cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ooooooooooh I'm getting fierce excited now! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement