Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Not finished 'til Thursday but have 4, count 'em FOUR days off from my various employments, 25th - 28th inclusive. It took a lot of ducking and diving but I managed it :)

I also heard of a cocktail called a gingerbread martini and after looking it up I'm going to make it albeit without the crushed biscuit and sugar on the rim.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

iguana wrote: »
    We had similar when S first saw Santa this year. Santa briefly visited a party we were at and S was delighted to see him and thrilled with the car he got. Then half an hour after Santa left S suddenly ran up to me saying, "Wait! Where's my Imaginext Batcave?" He thought Santa had forgotten to give it to him.

We had our Christmas party at playgroup today and Santa made a visit. It went really well which I'm on a high about as I'd organised it and Santa
    was my dad who S sees nearly every day
    . Thankfully S was just super happy to see Santa and get another chance to remind him about his Batcave.:D

Probably going to be the same craic tomorrow when we go to Palmerstown.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A week to go. Yea I'm prepared, I'm ready. **runs away screaming**

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

**runs around in circles**

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I cannot believe it's a week today Elves!!!! :D I'm finished work today!!!! YAAAAAY!!! OMG still have to get some nice nibbles for Christmas Eve and maybe a bottle of prosecco from Aldi.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Am working from home next week so last day in the office!!

Can believe it is only a week away! Have a very busy weekend ahead of me.

Today:
    - Christmas drinks in the office this afternoon
    - Getting my nails done for Christmas after work
    - Home for a few drinks and watch Text Santa

Tomorrow:
    - Getting my hair done (have to look good for Santa)
    - Picking up the last of the Christmas shopping
    - Going for dinner and then to see Mary Poppins in the Bord Gais (my favourite film of all time)

And then on Sunday going over to a friends house for pre Christmas drinks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What's Text Santa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I may have bought another Christmas outfit :D Well, we're doing Christmas dinner twice, so it's only fitting!

Look, I'm matching my avatar

What's Text Santa?

It' on ITV at 8pm. This is what it says in the tv guide:

TV's annual charity appeal returns this year with a host of stars all doing their bit in a Christmas knit for a three-hour, star-studded TV spectacular. The all-star cast includes Phillip Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Amanda Holden, Paddy McGuinness, Alesha Dixon, Stephen Mulhern, Christine Bleakley, Olly Murs and Caroline Flack, who present an unmissable night of fundraising. The evening includes a visit to Coronation Street with a Text Santa twist, a line-up of celebrities attempting to take on the Ninja Warrior wall and Lord Grantham having a tough decision to make in a Downton Abbey special, while there will also be plenty more live music, surprises and special guests. The three chosen charities supported - Macmillan Cancer Support, Make-A-Wish UK and Save the Children - will be highlighted by some moving films featuring well-known faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bloody rain. Let's pretend it's snowing.

Jaysus lads I had a terrible skid in the car earlier because of all the snow. :pac:

• Advertisement

Wish me luck. I'm about to start customising a number of small action figures for my son as most of the female and non-white skinned superheroes he loves do not have action figures for his Playskool and Imaginext playsets. (Or if they do, they are super rare and expensive collectors items). I did one back in September and now have a few more to get done over the coming week. I'm very nervous about it as it involves a lot of fine detailed painting and sculpting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Took so long to get to work this morning. Bloody snow. :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    Took so long to get to work this morning. Bloody snow. :mad:

:pac:

I don't know how you're going to get home. Town is at a standstill already. :p Best to just go make snow angels and have a snowball fight and wait for it to die down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wish me luck. I'm about to start customising a number of small action figures for my son as most of the female and non-white skinned superheroes he loves do not have action figures for his Playskool and Imaginext playsets. (Or if they do, they are super rare and expensive collectors items). I did one back in September and now have a few more to get done over the coming week. I'm very nervous about it as it involves a lot of fine detailed painting and sculpting.

Fair play.

It's so hard to get lady action figures. Last year my lad wanted black widow in a 5.5 inch and she couldn't be got. It's really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 smarty_mcfly

My wife's due date was the 16th but she's late and now we're really worried about making it to the hospital what with the metres and metres of snow! Maybe I should buy a sled? Or a Donkey? Or both - I could use the Donkey to pull the sled... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I'm munching my way through a box of celebrations as I write my food shopping list and watch christmas food programmes. Oh, and it's snowing outside! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Dear lord I just got really excited there going Where is it Snowing!!! I see I see, but I love it... Tis falling like no tomorrow in Cork!!! Little frosted flakes all over the garden

Ah I am fit to burst here so I am.... A week to go and I have like the greatest surprise ever coming for my parents this evening!!! Weak in work with the thoughts of it..And I have to go to Star Wars first OMG its like the best day ever (if the hangover wasn't there)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's so hard to get lady action figures. Last year my lad wanted black widow in a 5.5 inch and she couldn't be got. It's really annoying!

It really pees me off big time. I figured I'd have to go online for his Batgirl and Supergirl but was shocked that they aren't even made! They are fairly mainstream characters. And the She-Hulk figures were made when Marvel was a private company but now that Disney own them, they're not made anymore as Disney only want to sell princesses to girls. I could get the figures on ebay but can't really justify spending €15-25 for each 2" figure for a 3 year old. So I'm making my own. Funny thing is nearly all the customisers I've found online are making these figures for their sons. Kids, male and female, like complete collections, ime, not only the characters of their own gender. Stupid toy companies.:mad:

Anyway rant over. Batgirl is nearly complete, Spider-Woman is repaired (I got a damaged figure "cheap"), She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk, along with Red Hulk and the John Stewart Green Lantern (that's the black guy who Mattel/WB also don't seem assed to make in this size) are primed and drying for their first paint tonight, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Girl have had their limbs reset as they were damaged and wouldn't stand and are ready for painting. I need to secure an elf hat so I can get properly in spirit for tonight's painting session. Now I'm off to buy a Christmas tea-set so that I can set up a North Pole Breakfast on Christmas Eve!

I hope I make it through the driving snow ok.:pac:

Henry St lights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I'm finally driving again having been off the road for over 5 weeks due to shoulder surgery. I can now get around without depending on others or having to walk miles each day. Can't lift anything yet but at least I can get to the shops to soak up a bit of the atmosphere :)

Damn snow. Just as I am getting myself organised I now have to contend with a metre of the white stuff. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Hope everyone is wearing their Christmas jumpers today!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hope everyone is wearing their Christmas jumpers today!

Put mine on when I got home :D

One week to go lads, a few presents still to be purchased and I've three days left in work. That means I've to hit the shops this weekend :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Spent about 3 hours at the Santa Claus express at Palmerstown. Great craic, the Santa and all the elves were deadly. Mrs Claus was nice too, told a little story. And to top it off, a carvery dinner at the end. Not the cheapest day out, but great photo's and some lovely memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

beertons wrote: »
    Spent about 3 hours at the Santa Claus express at Palmerstown. Great craic, the Santa and all the elves were deadly. Mrs Claus was nice too, told a little story. And to top it off, a carvery dinner at the end. Not the cheapest day out, but great photo's and some lovely memories.

These are the days that create the memories that kids take with them through life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

miamee wrote:
    Put mine on when I got home

miamee wrote:
    One week to go lads, a few presents still to be purchased and I've three days left in work. That means I've to hit the shops this weekend

Same here. Hitting the shops tomorrow.
    I'll be looking out for you!

Good luck to everyone bracing the shops this weekend! We have to go on a 3hr round trip to the beach because OH left it too late to order a hotel gift card for his parents and have it delivered in time and the deal he was looking for isn't available to book online and print :rolleyes: I can think of a bazillion better things that I could be doing but he is smothered with manflu and is in no fit state to drive that distance :( So we are going to the seaside. On the 19th December.

Aw, that's a very generous thing to do. I hope your in laws are nice and deserve your effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭twibbles

An Entertaining Christmas poem

Merry Christmas!!!

:):):)

Aw, that's a very generous thing to do. I hope your in laws are nice and deserve your effort.

I have to say, I am so lucky to have them as inlaws, they are absolutely fab and have had a tough year so they deserve a break :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus it's like a spring afternoon out there it's so much. Obviously except for all the snow :pac: :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement