Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Have Christmas Eve off from work :)
    I'm only in from 10 - 2 on Stephens day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Merry Christmas :D

Me and my fiancé go our separate ways on Christmas to spend them with our own families so we celebrate it together today, did gifts and a nice breakfast and have the roast dinner in the oven now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Merry Christmas everyone, to those of you out tonight at parties or doing the 12 pubs have a good one and a safe one, Princess Peach hope you are having a fab evening, I'm still feeling under the weather but managed a trip to the local shops this morning the atmosphere was great, listening to Christmas FM having some volu vaunts, then going to wrap some presents watching strictly the final, I think I am almost there just a few things left,

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Jesus it's like a spring afternoon out there it's so much. Obviously except for all the snow

If it wasn't for all the snow, I would think this year Santa arrives at Easter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just back from doing round 1 of my grocery shop. Tesco was relatively quiet so it was nice and stress free :D Round 2 tomorrow for the perishables and then (hopefully!) won't have to darken the door of another shop til after the big day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mary Poppins at the Bord Gais was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

kitten_k wrote: »
    Mary Poppins at the Bord Gais was brilliant!

I went to see Mrs Browns Boys last night. It was so so funny. My OH got the tickets at the last minute so we didn't stay over and had to drive home through the snow.......lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

We are having our own mini family Christmas today before we head to my in laws for christmas. So today my little girl (20m so no idea of dates) got her pimped up IKEA toy kitchen as its too big to move. Fabulous morning! She adores it and has played with it all morning. After a great Santa visit in Powerscourt Townhouse yesterday and slow braised balsamic beef short ribs in the oven for later this has been a fab weekend :) the "real" Christmas has a lot to live up to :) merry Christmas everyone

ssunDpY.jpg?1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aw so exciting. Hopefully real Christmas will be just as awesome.

Well I am wrecked tired as I was up until 3.30am being an elf but all of the action figures are customised! I was so anxious about them for the last couple of weeks but it was far less stressful than the first one I did. I guess I was learning as I went back in September and this time I knew what to do from the start. I was far quicker doing 7 figures this weekend than I was doing the first one and tbh, these 7 look better and I think their paintwork will prove more durable than the first. I'm so happy that I decided to do this and it was a really lovely experience to actually make some of his presents.

I am officially spending my Sunday covered in caramel!
    Not making my banoffee pie yet, just some little sweets and treats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Got a good load of my presents wrapped today! I'm so on top of things! 1'st time ever I think! :P :D:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DenMan wrote: »
    Got a good load of my presents wrapped today! I'm so on top of things! 1'st time ever I think! :P :D:)

Wrapped mine today too. Well ahead of last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

"Children are wiser than adults. They see things that we no longer see." - Santa Who? - Leslie Nielsen

photo-Le-Pere-Noel-a-disparu-Santa-Who-2000-3%5B1%5D.jpg

Home Alone is on now on Channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ooh polydactyl that is fab :D The bookcase goes perfectly with it :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The figures all ready to go in their playsets/ in the stocking.
    9znfgo.png
    It's Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, Scarlet Witch, She Hulk, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Supergirl (Kara In Ze), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) and Batgirl with her Batcycle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

iguana wrote: »
    9znfgo.png
    It's Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, Scarlet Witch, She Hulk, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Supergirl (Kara In Ze), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) and Batgirl with her Batcycle.

You're my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

iguana wrote: »
    9znfgo.png

They are wonderful. You are very creative and have a wonderful imagination. I also admire you for making the female characters. You should be very proud of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Have had a cough and cold the past 5/6 days so been feeling a bit under the weather (and I never get sick!)but just woke and I think the cough has cleared more or less (thank you lemsip!) so I'm off food shopping with mum today, and then this evening might make christmas spice biscuits! Tomorrow night will be making christmas cupcakes as part of my friends bday present - her bday is christmas day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I nearly bought a turkey today. I don't need a turkey. We don't have anywhere to keep a turkey. The freezer is full. But I stood looking at the turkeys in Tesco today and genuinely considered buying one. I think it was partly 'wow, turkeys aren't as expensive as I thought they were!' and partly 'everyone else has a turkey, I want one too!' I was sensible though and bought a chicken instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Guys how is Christmas this Friday already?? :eek::eek::eek:

This month has just flown by!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Guys how is Christmas this Friday already?? :eek::eek::eek:

This month has just flown by!
    On Christmas FM earlier they said that they'd raised over €60,000 of their €100,000 target so far and I thought it was brilliant that they'd raised that much so soon after they started broadcasting. Then I remembered that they've actually been on air for weeks and that they only have a few days left. I feel like the month has passed me by.

On Christmas FM earlier they said that they'd raised over €60,000 of their €100,000 target so far and I thought it was brilliant that they'd raised that much so soon after they started broadcasting. Then I remembered that they've actually been on air for weeks and that they only have a few days left. I feel like the month has passed me by.

Haha, I was the same, i was thinking they'll defintely smashed it as they've loads of time, then I realise they've less than a week left on air :(

Although you did remind me to logon to the website to donate, so Make A Wish thanks you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gosh I'm such a mean mammy! My gran gave us a box of Ferrero rocher yesterday as a gift and I was delighted cos my son doesn't like them so myself and the hubbie can enjoy them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Gosh I'm such a mean mammy! My gran gave us a box of Ferrero rocher yesterday as a gift and I was delighted cos my son doesn't like them so myself and the hubbie can enjoy them!!

My sister-in-law doesn't like a lot of chocolate so I always make sure to have a stash of Terry's Chocolate Oranges and red Lindt chocolates so that she doesn't feel left out of the Celebrations/Roses/Quality Street frenzy on Christmas night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I nearly bought a turkey today. I don't need a turkey. We don't have anywhere to keep a turkey. The freezer is full. But I stood looking at the turkeys in Tesco today and genuinely considered buying one. I think it was partly 'wow, turkeys aren't as expensive as I thought they were!' and partly 'everyone else has a turkey, I want one too!' I was sensible though and bought a chicken instead.

My mum bought a turkey in Lidl today....we really do NOT need one but we couldn't resist! 6kg beauty for 23.99! Same size one in Supervalu for 40e!! So we're gonna use this one on Christmas day and have one of our frozen ones for New Years :-P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    That's not mean!!

It would only be mean if they were his favourite sweets and you locked yourself in the bathroom and scoffed the whole lot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

mud wrote: »
    My sister-in-law doesn't like a lot of chocolate so I always make sure to have a stash of Terry's Chocolate Oranges and red Lindt chocolates so that she doesn't feel left out of the Celebrations/Roses/Quality Street frenzy on Christmas night :p

Oh you are so sweet! Your sister in law is lucky to have you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

I was waiting on an order of the 'best giant liquorice box' for my husband (he loves any sweet and esp liquorice!) and just got a message saying it cant be delivered because 'This is because this item contains flammable, pressurised, corrosive, environmentally hazardous or otherwise harmful substances classified as dangerous goods under the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Air
    madness! aw well I wont fret, he still has a massive tub of haribo jellies on the way to keep him happy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Oh you are so sweet! Your sister in law is lucky to have you. :)

Thanks! That made me smile :)

My nephews are getting their school holidays today. We are going shopping then going for a giant pizza. This is our 4th year in a row.

The deal is that I don't buy them expensive gifts, we have our day out instead although this year I did pick them up some smashing books also as a surprise.

I also bought Pie Face online but it is looking doubtful that it'll arrive for Christmas, oh well. It'll come when it comes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement