Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

mud wrote: »
    Thanks! That made me smile :)

My nephews are getting their school holidays today. We are going shopping then going for a giant pizza. This is our 4th year in a row.

The deal is that I don't buy them expensive gifts, we have our day out instead although this year I did pick them up some smashing books also as a surprise.

I also bought Pie Face online but it is looking doubtful that it'll arrive for Christmas, oh well. It'll come when it comes.
    That's a really lovely thing to do. :) I'd love to do something like that with my nephew but he lives in another county and he's a bit stuck to his mother so I don't know if he'd go anywhere with me! They must love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

That's a really lovely thing to do. :) I'd love to do something like that with my nephew but he lives in another county and he's a bit stuck to his mother so I don't know if he'd go anywhere with me! They must love you!

Well, I don't like to brag . . . Ha! Those two boys are stuck to me like white on rice and vice versa. They're great ages too. 9 and 11. Full of ideas and bouldness. My kinda guys.

They are my treasures and they love me to bits too. The three of us go bombing around the place with Lucky the dog like some crazed Enid Blyton story. I hope we always love each other this much!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm really looking forward to the big day now. Usually at this point of December I feel a bit sad as Christmas time is nearly over but this year I'm so excited about Christmas morning. S asked to go to a toyshop yesterday and as I had to pick some stuff up in the same retail park as our local Smyths I said we could go in for 10 minutes. He went straight to his beloved Batcave and asked if we could buy it there and then. I reminded him that Santa was bring it to him soon and he asked how many days to Christmas. When I told him it was 4 days , he tried to bargain me down to 3. :D

He played with the Batcave for a few minutes and then went on to the Marvel toys and spent a long time looking at a Spiderman motorbike track set that I have arranged for my parents to give him. Then we went to the games aisle where he had his mind blown by a Star Wars, Angry Birds, Jenga game. It took a long, long time to get the box back off him and he spent the rest of the afternoon telling anyone he could corner about how amazing it is. He was even talking about it in his sleep last night. And guess what's been sitting in his Christmas Eve box for the last 2 weeks? :D:D:D I feel like ninja master gift arranger!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

iguana wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to the big day now. Usually at this point of December I feel a bit sad as Christmas time is nearly over but this year I'm so excited about Christmas morning. S asked to go to a toyshop yesterday and as I had to pick some stuff up in the same retail park as our local Smyths I said we could go in for 10 minutes. He went straight to his beloved Batcave and asked if we could buy it there and then. I reminded him that Santa was bring it to him soon and he asked how many days to Christmas. When I told him it was 4 days , he tried to bargain me down to 3. :D

He played with the Batcave for a few minutes and then went on to the Marvel toys and spent a long time looking at a Spiderman motorbike track set that I have arranged for my parents to give him. Then we went to the games aisle where he had his mind blown by a Star Wars, Angry Birds, Jenga game. It took a long, long time to get the box back off him and he spent the rest of the afternoon telling anyone he could corner about how amazing it is. He was even talking about it in his sleep last night. And guess what's been sitting in his Christmas Eve box for the last 2 weeks? :D:D:D I feel like ninja master gift arranger!

Aw. That's amazing!

I wish my guy craved something that much. He keeps forgetting what he asked for!

Although I'm glad this year he asked for something that we could get. Last year he asked for "A wife" for his dinosaur. There was an awful of of head-scratching over that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

so... i just got my first order of presents for next xmas :o

Slippers in river island are on sale at 8 euro instead of 20-30 euro.. so got a few pairs for people next year,
    Few other bits..

bit mad eh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shakencat wrote: »
    so... i just got my first order of presents for next xmas :o

Slippers in river island are on sale at 8 euro instead of 20-30 euro.. so got a few pairs for people next year,
    Few other bits..

bit mad eh!

Just don't forget you bought them! Otherwise great idea. Grab any bargain while you can and it takes the pressure off for next years shop.

We watched Scrooged last night. I'd never seen it before. I'm not really a Bill Murray fan but I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I want today and tomorrow over.
    Only because I'm working until 11 both days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi guys have been flat out with work and kids have been sick just been an awful busy last week or two. I want to post a picture but can't see the link to attach files ? Anyone else having this problem ?

Ok wait found it again. Wanted to share this with you guys. Some clients getting into full festive swing ! :D sorry won't let me attach pics can one of the mods help me out ? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

We watched Scrooged last night. I'd never seen it before. I'm not really a Bill Murray fan but I enjoyed it.

I plan on watching it tonight.
    Never seen it before either.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi guys have been flat out with work and kids have been sick just been an awful busy last week or two. I want to post a picture but can't see the link to attach files ? Anyone else having this problem ?

Same. After a wonderful year of maternity leave, December has been a bit crap :( The baby has been sick a lot, going back to work has been stressful, and we've had issues with our childminder. Today he's very sick with a bad cough/cold and I'm not much better. I think I'll finally relax when we're officially "on holidays" from Christmas Eve!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Same. After a wonderful year of maternity leave, December has been a bit crap :( The baby has been sick a lot, going back to work has been stressful, and we've had issues with our childminder. Today he's very sick with a bad cough/cold and I'm not much better. I think I'll finally relax when we're officially "on holidays" from Christmas Eve!

Its awful When little ones are sick at this time of year ! We had the same last year my youngest was sick most of christmas and it really didn't feel like christmas at all between doctor visits and chemists and late nights awake :) hoping I won't have a repeat again this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sitting here watching Love Actually.

We just got a knock on the door, it's was the guy who lives next door. He had a present for my little goddaughter who lives with me. It's a beautiful Hallmark Barbie Christmas tree decoration.

Took S to Enchanted by Franc today. It was, in his own words, "The best day EVER!" It was completely wonderful, an excellent day out. We almost weren't going to go as it was relatively expensive and I thought he might be a bit young but I'm so, so glad we did. I would say we won't top today for a long time but I'm hoping that actually Friday might pip it just a little. But it truly was a magical day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wow that is so nice of your neighbour!!! Last day of work today and im mad to finish mostly because I decided to try the cheaper Sancerre last night :O Feeling it today cant wait to get back home.. Having such a loverly run up to Christmas this year and thinking next year is going to be the best ever

Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone! Can you believe it?

Happy Christmas

Waiting here to finish up for Christmas and getting well annoyed.. I have my work finished done and dusted and I am waiting on one chap to do his crap so I can finish.. Very frustrating I just rang him and his like oh ill have it this evening..

• Advertisement

What's the text number for Christmas FM I keep missing it?

Eta: found it on the website, 50300. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

iguana wrote: »
    What's the text number for Christmas FM I keep missing it?

Text XMAS followed a space and then your message to 50300. :)

http://christmasfm.com/contact/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone! Can you believe it?

I am soooo excited!! I think I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening more than christmas day itself :D I actually asked my OH last night if we could just pretend that today is christmas eve so that we can get the toys out and play with them :D He said no though :(

I am soooo excited!! I think I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening more than christmas day itself I actually asked my OH last night if we could just pretend that today is christmas eve so that we can get the toys out and play with them He said no though

Funny, I just came here to post the same thing.
    I absolutely looove Christmas Eve.
    Spent most of today prepping and putting finishing touches to everything so looking forward to have a relaxing day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've got all my prep done, tan is on, have to cook turkey, ham and mince pies in the morning, then hair and christmas celebrations start :) I am so so excited, probably more so than the kids

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

See you next year WORK :D

Have barely been off my feet all day but the house is spick and span, the fridge is stocked, the laundry is done and the table is laid for tomorrow morning's north pole* breakfast. I can't believe it's almost Christmas Eve, it feels like only two days ago we were getting excited about the toy show.

*Or elf pole as S calls it. :D

Posy wrote:
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeek

Excitement is building!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've got all my prep done, tan is on, have to cook turkey, ham and mince pies in the morning, then hair and christmas celebrations start :) I am so so excited, probably more so than the kids

A bit OT but will you cook the turkey, carve up and then reheat xmas day? I still haven't decided how I'll do mine :o It would be very handy to just bung it in the oven tomorrow and be done with it :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement