Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Parents went out to do the big food shop this morning. I had warned them they should get there first thing as the doors open, but dad the stubborn head on him failed to believe it wouldn't be that bad so they headed out at 10.30 instead. Took them 2 hours from when they walked in the door to walking out due to the crowds pushing into each other with trolleys & queues at the tills in one store alone. Luckily for me i got the real goodies in weeks ago so was able to breathe a sigh of relief on that level.

Collected my final pressie earlier & got some flowers to bring up to the graveyard on Christmas Day as we always pay a visit up to pay our respects & i light a candle to put on the graves also.

Really feeling how fast this last year flew in. Can remember all this chat this time last year & when christmas was over how everyone was planning for this year & here we are again.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Happy Christmas Eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep with the excitement eeeek! :D Happy christmas eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

A bit OT but will you cook the turkey, carve up and then reheat xmas day? I still haven't decided how I'll do mine :o It would be very handy to just bung it in the oven tomorrow and be done with it :o

I've always cooked it the day before, carve into portions: ham, leg meat, stuffing and then breast meat on top. Placed on a baking tray wrapped with greaseproof paper and tinfoil, with a drop of water, it steams as it reheats. Worked in hotels for years and this is how they did it

Its in the oven as we speak, my girls have been awake since 3 so once I got them back to sleep I just got up.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep with the excitement eeeek! :D Happy christmas eve!

Snap!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So my Christmas Eve started with a lie in. 9am and the baby is still asleep stretched out in the middle of the bed.

I have so much to do today. We are going to my folks so packing up for two adults, two dogs (one of whom is on a zillion tablets), a baby, pressies and some food I have that we like that wouldn't be in my parents - it's not gonna be easy.
    We have a battle plan but my husband is sooooo bad at sticking to plans it might have been wasted effort coming up with it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I did the 12 pubs last night so tender today haha. Happy Christmas Eve everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Christmas Eve! I'm in a lot of pain at the moment with my lower back but it's Christmas Eve and I'm having chocolate chip pancakes and cava for breakfast and my husband is off work (first time ever he has taken Christmas Eve off!) so I can't really complain.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Power was gone in my house last night from 5-1030. The kids were marvelled at all the candles, using torches to see but were not happy at our lack of ability to produce toast. Our phones died too, so it was a technology free night. Mrs b suggested we open our presents too, just one each. We still have the stockings for tomorrow. So I got a northface sleeveless jacket. I have one already, but she hates it. And I got her red silky pj's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Actually got pretty sad yesterday coming to my parents for Christmas, leaving my fiancé to go to his parents and our lovely Christmas home. Never really go that before! We'll be married next year so hopefully will spend it together, not sure where yet.

All part of getting old I guess, parents house doesn't feel like my own home as much. I miss my pillow :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Snap!!!

Oh god, me too. I've been awake since 5.30am I'll never stay awake to see Santa tonight.;)

But the "Elf Pole" breakfast was a mighty success. S was so happy neither my husband nor I could stop smiling. Then S looked up at us, pointed and exclaimed that he saw two such happy faces!:D I can't see how tomorrow morning could possibly top this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Urgh our water has been on and off since we got home from work yesterday evening!
    However we just had a snow shower, it's no sticking cos the ground is wet but it's snowing on Christmas Eve!!

My dad made a chocolate Rice Krispie Christmas tree for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Happy Christmas Eve! I'm in a lot of pain at the moment with my lower back but it's Christmas Eve and I'm having chocolate chip pancakes and cava for breakfast and my husband is off work (first time ever he has taken Christmas Eve off!) so I can't really complain.

Feel better Toto!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A friend has just posted on Facebook that Santa Claus (the ISS) will be passing over Ireland at 5.17pm tonight. Might be a good opportunity to get the kids even more excited about Santa being on his way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Merry Christmas Boards.ie:) to all other religionists, atheists and agnostics wishing you well this holiday season. Merry Christmas to all and to all co religionists jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Have a great few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's cold outside, the roses are open and we're opening a fancy bottle of port later. It's finally feeling like Christmas! We're having dinner at the in-laws' tomorrow and then heading down to my folks on St Stephen's Day for a few days. They're doing second Christmas dinner on the 27th and my Dad's in the panto so we're going to that too! Then back to our own house for New Year's where we'll hopefully catch up with some friends. Really looking forward to all of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Google Santa Tracker He's in the Far East.

https://santatracker.google.com/#tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Pizza for dinner, we were meant to go out for lunch but with two cranky toddlers it wasn't to be. So instead we watched Arthur Christmas and ate carbs

Once the movie finishes we're doing christmas eve boxes, and then into our pjs, what a lovely way to spend the evening

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Scarinae wrote: »
    Next week in choir we're going to be starting a CHRISTMAS MEDLEY! :D All I know so far is that it will include Wham, Slade and Paul McCartney

In case anyone wants to watch the result!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A-MAZ-ING!! Can I join? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I'm following Santa on Santa Tracker.
    He's due to arrive in Ireland soon!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Loughc wrote: »
    A-MAZ-ING!! Can I join? :D

Sure, if you don't mind a round trip to London every week for the practices! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I can't believe the advent calendars are finished.

My back is feeling a good bit better. \o/

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve. Santa has visited my nephew, left some presents and made a mess with the biscuits! That's according to the snapchats I've received anyway! My sister offered to Skype me when they're going in to see what Santa has brought if I'm awake. Nice to be included in that excitement! (I won't be awake though!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glad you're feeling better, Toto. :)
    beertons wrote: »
    I can't believe the advent calendars are finished.
    I can't believe it!! :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    I can't believe it!! :eek:

Those thkngs are a curse. The minute you open window one Christmas just jumps upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Since I'm unlikely to post again this side of St Stephen's Day. I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and see you all back on this forum next year

Since I'm unlikely to post again this side of St Stephen's Day. I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and see you all back on this forum next year

Don't be a stranger! :D

Looking forward to seeing you in the countdown thread for 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Don't be a stranger! :D

Looking forward to seeing you in the countdown thread for 2016.
    + 1

Happy Christmas donegal_man! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement