Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    The day is over but the season has only just begun :)

I saw people talking about starting the post Christmas diet now. What about Christmas dinner part 2? What about days of picking at turkey and chocolates? What about the New Years Eve take away and if you're lucky the big New Year's Day dinner?

Glad your father was able to get out of hospital, mrspostman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, hope ye all enjoyed the day, can't believe it's over, I get the serious blues on St Stephens day. Also, there was a stupid argument at the dinner table yesterday which put a bit of a dampner on things but sure it's nothing compared to what others are going through. Anyway, have to concentrate on the wedding I have to go to on 30th so have to watch what I eat over next few days and not do the dog on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Leftover sandwiches are my favourite part of christmas! Crazy and pointless to think about 'being good' again until after new years :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas! The season doesn't end for me until the 3rd, which is the day I go back to London, although my sister is going home tomorrow morning which is a shame.
    Leftover sandwiches are my favourite part of christmas! Crazy and pointless to think about 'being good' again until after new years :D

I like your reasoning! I think I'll go and make a turkey, stuffing and bread sauce sandwich :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I saw people talking about starting the post Christmas diet now. What about Christmas dinner part 2? What about days of picking at turkey and chocolates? What about the New Years Eve take away and if you're lucky the big New Year's Day dinner?

Glad your father was able to get out of hospital, mrspostman.

Dinner part 2 for me tonight and DVDs and sweets will be the order of play until January 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Sweets and dinner part two today here too! Don't cook today as I spend all christmas eve prepping and cooking and same christmas day. I did hit some of the shops this morning and got my son's 1st communion outfit sorted :) will go out tomorrow and start christmas shopping again for 2016 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh diet haha not at all there is still some turkey and rabbitish and cheese to get through.. Mind you i am looking forward to maybe something like pasta think there is too much meat.. Hope everyone had a great one too, ours was a little strange as me thinks everyone has a lot on their minds and the kids are that much older.. But still fun was had... We got this beanboozled game ah tis great craic but minging...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So. Much. Food.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    So. Much. Food.

That sums it up nicely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went ice-skating with S today which was great. We hired a push along sled thing for him to sit on and he had a fantastic time being zoomed along. He had a few goes of skating too and he wasn't too bad at all, at it. I'm definitely hoping to go again next week before the rink shuts.

But boy did the post Christmas blues hit hard when we got home. I'm determined that today is just the 2nd day of a 12 day celebration but I'm not fooling myself. All the big anticipation is over, we still have lots of great things to do, visiting relatives, family parties, lots of days out, etc. But since September I've been working almost non-stop on Christmas projects (and cursing my ambition at times) all with the anticipation of a great build up to yesterday. And everything turned out wonderfully but now it's over and I'm definitely a bit blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

So many presents for my two daughters!
    We were with the in-laws and I must have filled the boot with all the stuff they got. I have absolutely no idea where everything is going to go! :eek:
    A trip to the charity shop with some of the older stuff will be necessary in the next week or two.

My best memory of yesterday seems a simple one but the Snowman and Snowdog was on the TV and my three year old was playing with one of her new toys with her uncle/godfather and at one point stood up and was watching the film with a mixture of curiosity and wonder while the song Light the Night was playing. It was a look I'd never seen before and I managed to grab the camera and take a photo of her.
    Even just looking at the photo now on my laptop makes me feel quite emotional. Seems silly but I guess that's Christmas. :o

Had a fantastic last seven days though and looking forward to spending the next week with the kids before returning to work on the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My almost 2 year old was stealing red cabbage of her sisters plate and we were smiling at how cute it was. Little did we realise it was all a hoax to distract her sister so she could steal her ham, which she did in style! Yesterday was wonderful, they both got so much stuff we still haven't opened everything and will see my family tomorrow so another round of gifts! It was lovely to see their faces when they opened their gifts, and to hear each time from the 3 year old "this is exactly what I wanted"

I'm suffering from turkey withdrawal. I want to make a turkey and ham pie but we have no turkey or ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

We had lamb instead of ham today and it wasn't the same at all at all.

No turkey or ham in our house either so takeaway tonight.

We stopped in Eddie Rockets on the way home and then picked up some party food to nibble on later. All that + chocolates = a reasonable substitute for turkey!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm suffering from turkey withdrawal. I want to make a turkey and ham pie but we have no turkey or ham.
    Remember for next year: bigger turkeys!!!

Had my first Christmas sandwich today, which says a lot for all the food I've eaten in the last few days that meant no christmas sandwich! It was so good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had my first Christmas sandwich today, which says a lot for all the food I've eaten in the last few days that meant no christmas sandwich! It was so good

I haven't even had a single turkey, ham and stuffing sandwich yet. All the turkey was finished on Saturday. :(

Heroditas wrote: »
    I haven't even had a single turkey, ham and stuffing sandwich yet. All the turkey was finished on Saturday. :(

That is just plain wrong, I'm sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We're getting to the end of our leftovers :( My OH doesn't eat red meat so I treated myself to a leg of lamb to go with the turkey for xmas. Chewed the last of it off the bone like a cave woman this morning :pac:

Also, as much as I love christmas, I hate the accompanying mess! House has been like a bombsite since Friday, regardless of how much I tidy :(

I'm not wearing pyjamas and I haven't had any alcohol yet today. This seems wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

\the need to write pics or it didn't happen is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I'm not wearing pyjamas and I haven't had any alcohol yet today. This seems wrong.

I still haven't changed out of pyjamas and I'm on my third glass of wine.
    I could teach you a thing or two.

I still haven't changed out of pyjamas and I'm on my third glass of wine.
    I could teach you a thing or two.

It's okay, I'm back in the jammies now! We had to head to Tesco so clothes were kind of a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It's okay, I'm back in the jammies now! We had to head to Tesco so clothes were kind of a must.

Not in my local tesco!

Not in my local tesco!

Actually that's true of my local Tesco too, but I have slightly higher standards. :D One of the years when we had very cold weather it was below zero and there was a girl getting petrol in the petrol station near us wearing pyjamas with a string top. I can only imagine that her good going out dressing gown must have been in the wash. :p A woman in front of me at the till in Dunnes last week was wearing slippers. It was lashing outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I bought a boned and rolled turkey in Dunnes today. It's going to be turkey, stuffing and cranberry mayo sandwiches for dinner!

Just seen on Facebook the days between Christmas and New Years should be called Crimbo Limbo haha.

So true you end up completely losing what day of the week it is.

• Advertisement

I was telling my husband a story about someone who didn't know what day today is and halfway through the story I forgot what day it is today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement