Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We lit the fire at 9 this morning and kept it going all day. I got out of the house for an hour, leaving the baby with my husband. We ate huge dinners and I had a bath with some new smellies I got.

Lovely, cosy, relaxed day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dressed and did a shop today some bit back to normality. Still came home and relaxed for the day haha.

Hope everyone is surviving the latest storm ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The weather is just mental! Lots of flooding around where my family lives (including and estate some of them live in!) but thankfully all of them are up a hill a bit.

Looking forward to New Year's Eve now so people will stop moaning that Christmas is over and have a bit of fun. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My god it's bad out there today. My neighbours wheelie bins just flew across the car park. My hometown is pretty much under water.

Don't travel unless ye need to folks and be safe out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    My god it's bad out there today. My neighbours wheelie bins just flew across the car park. My hometown is pretty much under water.

Loughc wrote:
    Don't travel unless ye need to folks and be safe out there.

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Best to keep the Christmas spirit alive and try to be cheerful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Best to keep the Christmas spirit alive and try to be cheerful!

Christmas isn't over until new years is over imo.

Agreed!

January 6th is the end of the Christmas season for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »
    January 6th is the end of the Christmas season for me.

Usually it would be but i have an exam on the 6th :(

6th for me too. Although we've had to stop eating alllll the food because my husband will be having surgery in a couple of weeks and it's probably best that he doesn't put on a stone between now and then! Eating is 90% of what Christmas is about. :D

• Advertisement

30mtudy.jpg

Sure u couldn't leave it in the shop. Can't get enough of Christmas haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Mayo? FFS I don't understand the obsession with the stuff in sandwiches in this country.
    The cranberry sauce is more than adequate!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Mayo? FFS I don't understand the obsession with the stuff in sandwiches in this country.
    The cranberry sauce is more than adequate!

The Mayo made the sambo. Yum.

2ir88j9.jpg

Seems relevant haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lol.

And I love the Tesco sandwich with the "herby stuffing" :D

Posy wrote: »
    Lol.

And I love the Tesco sandwich with the "herby stuffing" :D

It's amazing. I hope they'll have some left come Saturday haha.

How was your first day back in work Posy?

It was uuuuuuurrrrgh. I was in a haze- I felt like someone after waking up from being in a coma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're doing the whole turkey/ham/stuffing/etc dinner on New Years day again.

What time should we call around at?

Posy wrote: »
    It was uuuuuuurrrrgh. I was in a haze- I felt like someone after waking up from being in a coma!!

That's a great way to sum it up. I've my first day back is tomorrow so I'll feel your pain then.

• Advertisement

As above back to work today so currently on my commute to the office.

The only things cushioning the blow are I'm off tomorrow and the weekend and I'm catching up on the Ray Foley show podcast I didn't listen to last week so it's only December 21st on it now. Woohoo Christmas week. You can almost feel the excitement.

Loughc wrote:
    As above back to work today so currently on my commute to the office.

Loughc wrote:
    The only things cushioning the blow are I'm off tomorrow and the weekend and I'm catching up on the Ray Foley show podcast I didn't listen to last week so it's only December 21st on it now. Woohoo Christmas week. You can almost feel the excitement.

Hopefully this makes you feel a bit better...
    I had to go and get Christmas sandwich from Tesco this morning.
    Ever since you posted the picture of it on here, I just couldn't get it out of my head.
    Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I searched high and low for a turkey in my local supermarkets yesterday and could only find the frozen ones that wouldn't have been defrosted in time :( Not even a turkey crown or drumstick in sight :( Was hoping to get another 5 days of sandwiches :o

I finally ate my way to the end of my xmas stocking. Mmmmm Terrys chocolate orange.....

Happy new year one and all. Hope 2016 is a fantastic year for each of ye.

Thanks for being a part of the best online community there is and I look forward to an even bigger and better 2016 for the Christmas Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks for being a part of the best online community there is and I look forward to an even bigger and better 2016 for the Christmas Forum.

Thanks to you and a few more dedicated regular posters and mods for keeping it going and the level of excitement building on a daily basis. I really enjoyed all the countdowns and thanks to Glitzgirl for the inside eye on the Toyshow!!! Happy New Year to all. Mìle Buìochas

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks to you and a few more dedicated regular posters and mods for keeping it going and the level of excitement building on a daily basis. I really enjoyed all the countdowns and thanks to Glitzgirl for the inside eye on the Toyshow!!! Happy New Year to all. Mìle Buìochas

Merry New Year everyone! Here's to another fun filled year in the Christmas forum!

Happy new year to all the regulars here, those who just pop by and my fellow mod for his endless festive enthusiasm.
    You all make this forum a wonderful and happy place to post. We have a little pocket of joy in a dreary world and long may it continue in 2016. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy New Year everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy New Year to you all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement