Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Now we can look forward to 2 months of forgetting that it's 2016 when we're dating things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Great start to the year, my sister threw a last minute party to see the new year in, our first New year party in 8 years since our babies came along, had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy new year to all. Had a lovely time last night at a friends house party. Both our girls went to different parties. All home safe and sound and everyone in bed now having the traditional lye in. Oh, of course it's raining again 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Cork Lass wrote:
    Happy new year to all. Had a lovely time last night at a friends house party. Both our girls went to different parties. All home safe and sound and everyone in bed now having the traditional lye in. Oh, of course it's raining again 😀

I was just thinking that. Of course, it's raining.
    Nevermind, it's the perfect day for staying in, having a lie in, welcoming New Year as you're supposed to - doing nothing.

Happy New Year, everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I went to tesco for a sliced pan this morning and a shelf of half priced fresh turkeys had magically appeared! The excitement! :D So now we're doing christmas dinner part 2 except we're all in our pajamas and there's no pressure or stress to get it perfect. It really is a day for snuggling up by the fire :) Happy new year everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Going to the leinster game, so do not want to go out in that miserable weather, I want my pj's and the leftover processco from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Going to the leinster game, so do not want to go out in that miserable weather, I want my pj's and the leftover processco from last night

Is the Leinster game on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Is the Leinster game on tv?

Yes it's on TG4. Coverage begins at 4:30pm (5pm start) Happy New Year everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Happy New Year everyone! Had a great night in front of the TV last night with herself (the joys of having young kids).
    No babysitter and the weather is miserable so we won't be going to the Leinster game.
    Went out for a walk with the kids earlier so they could burn off some of the excess energy and shake off the cabin fever. Brrrr, lovely to get back to the warm house.
    Currently lying on the bed with our 10 month old snuggled up to me having her afternoon nap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Can't believe we are on the last page of the rte guide! A sure sign my Christmas is now over.

Had a lovely walk with the kids in the rain earlier, than started on dinner, Christmas dinner, yummy.
    As much as I love christmas, I have to admit, I've been taking down little bits here and there. Kinda looking forward to a good spring clean now.

Happy new year to one and all :-)

• Advertisement

We're 'exercising'. :D New year, new you and all that. Technically I'm lying in the bed watching my husband doing his prehab exercises, but I did lift some weights before I got into bed! Don't want to overexert myself too soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Happy New Year everyone! I love the days between Christmas and New Years, the pressure of the big day is off, but there's still lots of visiting and general merriment to be had (if you're still off work). I'm back the 11th :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dolbert wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone! I love the days between Christmas and New Years, the pressure of the big day is off, but there's still lots of visiting and general merriment to be had (if you're still off work). I'm back the 11th :D

You lucky duck, I'm back (again) on Monday.

We're 'exercising'. :D New year, new you and all that. Technically I'm lying in the bed watching my husband doing his prehab exercises, but I did lift some weights before I got into bed! Don't want to overexert myself too soon!

I was going to do some cardio today but decided to do weights instead- I lifted the turkey in and out of the oven :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Home and soaked :( Thoroughly miserable night

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The weather outside is shocking!! Defo a pjs, takeaway, fire on and darts on the telly kind of night.

Loughc wrote: »
    The weather outside is shocking!! Defo a pjs, takeaway, fire on and darts on the telly kind of night.

It's a cake kind of night. We have no cake. It's very upsetting.

Cake update: I made chocolate lava cakes. I'm a happy Toto.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have red wine, after eights and Sherlock on the TV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We had a turkey dinner again today - it was lovely! The weather is absolutely shocking altogether. Stay safe everyone and a Happy New Year to you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Bit late with it but Happy New Years everyone ! Sorry Internet was awful today :0 I'm looking forward to anticipating christmas 2016 over the next 11 months with all the usual suspects lurking on this forum lol :D can't believe it's all over for another year I swear I just blinked and it flew past :(

Every year I say I'm not getting sucked into this new year new you drama but I do (I don't know why I try to fight it every year it's inevitable :) ) but here I am today sorting through the wardrobe picking out clothes I'm determined to get into this year :p:D wishing all the boardies lots of health happiness and love in 2016 ! X

Omg ! Just ordered a pair of superman cufflinks for Mr glitzgirl and star wars cushions online for the mini glitz so christmas 2016 has officially begun !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Sickened that we've nothing quick and savoury to eat in the kitchen. A packet of crisps would be so nice right now! Just bloomin' chocolate everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Alicat wrote: »
    Sickened that we've nothing quick and savoury to eat in the kitchen. A packet of crisps would be so nice right now! Just bloomin' chocolate everywhere :(

I'm actually sickened by the amount I have ate today! Just stood on the scales before i got into bed..... not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

This Christmas sees my bro having Sinusitis. I can't go out because it is raining and dull. Hope the weather starts to improve shortly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I sometimes wish Christmas could be moved to the end of January. To go from the most wonderful time of the year to the most depressing month of the year is quite the come down. Imagine how much happier we'd all be, even about this crap weather if we were still counting down the days to Christmas!!! Woohoo, just 3 weeks to go!! And then once it was all over it would actually be starting to feel just a little bit like spring time so not as bleak as January.

iguana wrote: »
    I sometimes wish Christmas could be moved to the end of January. To go from the most wonderful time of the year to the most depressing month of the year is quite the come down. Imagine how much happier we'd all be, even about this crap weather if we were still counting down the days to Christmas!!! Woohoo, just 3 weeks to go!! And then once it was all over it would actually be starting to feel just a little bit like spring time so not as bleak as January.

I agree, January is quite the come down and can be very depressing. We always try to book a break somewhere sunny - heading to Asia on 20th Jan. Happy days

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I agree, January is quite the come down and can be very depressing. We always try to book a break somewhere sunny - heading to Asia on 20th Jan. Happy days

Oh I remember you said you'd bring us all with you ;)

January is my birthday : D woo ! and my eldest son's birthday so we use that as our excuse to go a bit mad and have a party to lift the general depressing mood that hangs around in January. Plus I like to start my christmas shopping for next christmas in the sales and it keeps me in the festive mood for a bit longer :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    January is my birthday : D woo ! and my eldest son's birthday so we use that as our excuse to go a bit mad and have a party to lift the general depressing mood that hangs around in January. Plus I like to start my christmas shopping for next christmas in the sales and it keeps me in the festive mood for a bit longer :)

Its mine too!! 9 more days and the teen years are behind me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement