Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 XtraStrong

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I agree, January is quite the come down and can be very depressing. We always try to book a break somewhere sunny - heading to Asia on 20th Jan. Happy days

Nice! Keep meaning to do the same but I usually spend too much at Christmas and panic about having enough to survive January. It would be great to escape this weather for a week. Enjoy Asia.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Leap year this year. Which means we're an extra day away from Christmas 2016 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Noooooo. No sadness and depression! It may be January but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I think everyone just needs to organise something nice to look forward to. My husband will be confined to hospital for a week soon and then stuck at home for awhile so we're going to have dinner out next week and we're going to see Star Wars another night and we're hoping to meet some friends in the pub. Loads to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Agreed toto ! Hope you get on well at hospital too :) just did a quick tally and updated my shopping lis app for Christmas 2016 and have 8 pressies got already. :) my poor sis will have me committed one of these days lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I have one present bought.

What is this present lip app ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Decorations are down here so that's it for us this year :( My birthday is January too but I don't really celebrate it. I always found February to be an awful month because it's short and all the bills come around quicker. The 2 kids have February birthdays though so gives us an excuse for cake and pressies to cheer us up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

January is always healthy eating and no alcohol, which is needed after these last two weeks but still! Cleaning out the freezer this week so we're having pot luck dinners for the next few nights until the healthy eating kicks in.

My dad is brining all the family for dinner next weekend do have that to look forward to before the misery sets in. Trees are staying up unit I have little ones room decorated and then the whole house is getting a blitz next week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Agreed toto ! Hope you get on well at hospital too :) just did a quick tally and updated my shopping lis app for Christmas 2016 and have 8 pressies got already. :) my poor sis will have me committed one of these days lol

I bought presents for next Christmas last July. I have a serious problem. We were talking about theoretically extending the house and discussing whether we'd build out or go into the attic and we'll only ever be building out. My attic is too full of Christmas stuff.:o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bought some new decorations today, already have a layout planned for next Christmas lol, on the look out for a couple of exterior spiral trees but there doesn't seem to be much stock left anywhere. Present wise I haven't comitted but have lists in the diary for next Xmas which shpuld be a big help.

I have one present bought.

What is this present lip app ?

Hi hollister sorry it's a present list app I downloaded I can make a list for different people and on each persons list I can mark the presents off as bought and or wrapped. Helps me keep track of what I've bought and for who. It's also password protected so little hands cant get to it ! :)

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    I bought presents for next Christmas last July. I have a serious problem. We were talking about theoretically extending the house and discussing whether we'd build out or go into the attic and we'll only ever be building out. My attic is too full of Christmas stuff.:o:pac:

I know the feeling iguana. We have 2 separate attic spaces here one is full of christmas /halloween / general storage. The other smaller one has boxed where i store the presents for the following christmas :) need more space at this stage :o

Ah now as much as I love the holidays I have to say I was shocked today ! I seen easter eggs out in my local deals shop... :p definitly way too early for That now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw the Easter eggs out in Dealz on the 23rd of December when I was shopping for wrapping paper. We should fly into Easter this year.

I saw the Easter eggs out in Dealz on the 23rd of December when I was shopping for wrapping paper. We should fly into Easter this year.

That's crazy !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's crazy !! :(

The had shelves of Eggs and only about two rolls of wrapping paper.

The had a shelves of Eggs and only about two rolls of wrapping paper.

Litterly have no words to describe this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We threw out our Easter eggs from last year recently. We'd only eaten about a quarter of them. Both of them had been left on the kitchen table while we were out and the sun melted them and then we forgot about them. Such a waste. This year we're not buying Easter eggs for each other! I do like seeing them in the shops though.

I can't even face yhe thought of an easter egg right now ...I just ate so much chocolate consumed over the Christmas. :p really feel like I should be going on some sort of detox if I'm going to survive next week lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Litterly have no words to describe this ...

I have words for this but I thinks Boards swear filter would go into melt down haha.

I can't even face yhe thought of an easter egg right now ...I just ate so much chocolate consumed over the Christmas. :p really feel like I should be going on some sort of detox if I'm going to survive next week lol

Ah likewise, I don't think I'll fit into my work trousers anymore, time to hit the treadmill big time for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh I remember you said you'd bring us all with you ;)

I did, but then you offered to stay behind to look after my 2 dogs - I hope you haven't forgotten:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I did, but then you offered to stay behind to look after my 2 dogs - I hope you haven't forgotten:rolleyes:

I love dogs so this is actually like heaven for me haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

We still have a box & a half of Cadbury's Heros & a half box of Quality Street to finish off. Am luckily back in training on Monday & Wed so at least i can work a bit of it off.

Loughc wrote: »
    I have words for this but I thinks Boards swear filter would go into melt down haha.

:p

Ah likewise, I don't think I'll fit into my work trousers anymore, time to hit the treadmill big time for me!

Oh stop I'm dreading it and I don't know how bit sweets just keep appearing here ! It's like gremlins I swear Mr glitz is watering them at night to get them to multiply !

Just 51 weeks to go folks to the big day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Just 51 weeks to go folks to the big day

355 mornings excluding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Going to take the decorations down today while the kids are here to give me a hand, really saddens me every year when Christmas is over. The house is going to look dreary and boring for about a week after they come down :).
    Ah well go back training tomorrow night and am already looking forward to Christmas 2016!!!

I started taking deco down last night while kids were in bed. I prefer to do it myself because I know ull pack them away in certain boxes etc make it easy to find and organise every year. Kids and mr glitz would just throw tangled lights in any open box they found :p

To cheer myself up later I watched legally blonde and set my goals for 2016 :) that film always cheers me up and slightly shames me and makes me wanna dress better lol :p : D perfect kick start for January

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I stood on the scales this morning and they screamed at me to get off. Divine God, I never realised how easy it is to put on weight. At least I'm back in the gym now. Pray for a miracle people :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Cork Lass wrote:
    I stood on the scales this morning and they screamed at me to get off. Divine God, I never realised how easy it is to put on weight. At least I'm back in the gym now. Pray for a miracle people

I'm back in the gym on Tuesday.
    I figured all good intentions start on Monday and it's only so easy to fall off the track so instead, to put less pressure on myself, I start on Tuesday, Jan 5th.

Also, if it's any consolation, I will have to pray as well and to lose weight is going to be a miracle.
    Miracle on 34th Street!

• Advertisement

I stood on the scales this morning and they screamed at me to get off. Divine God, I never realised how easy it is to put on weight. At least I'm back in the gym now. Pray for a miracle people :eek:

Best post I've read all day lol. Least you were brave enough to stand on the scales haha I'm not talking to mine ... dirty little liar probably tell me I've put on weight not letting him fool me again ;) good luck at gym ... praying now ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement