Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Mr glitz told me last night that were going away on a mini spa break to a hotel here in ireland in mid February so naturally went online looking at some nice new clothes and immediately felt bloated and overweight :eek: if ever I needed some motivation to be able to fit into a nice dress after christmas there it is ! Good lord gonna be a tough month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Mr glitz told me last night that were going away on a mini spa break to a hotel here in ireland in mid February so naturally went online looking at some nice new clothes and immediately felt bloated and overweight :eek: if ever I needed some motivation to be able to fit into a nice dress after christmas there it is ! Good lord gonna be a tough month :(

This time last year i joined slimming world, and i was shocked with my weight. A year later i'm 3.5 stone lighter and have never felt better or more confident about my self.

Now i might add, i wasn't carrying christmas weight i was grossly overweight. Thankfully that's behind me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This time last year i joined slimming world, and i was shocked with my weight. A year later i'm 3.5 stone lighter and have never felt better or more confident about my self.

Now i might add, i wasn't carrying christmas weight i was grossly overweight. Thankfully that's behind me now.

That's amazing! Well done!

Elf is starting on Sky1 +1 in a minute. It's Christmas!

That's fantastic ! You should be delighted and v proud of yourself :) need to kick my butt back into gear I've little ones 1st communion this year and 2 big family weddings !

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

That's amazing! Well done!

Elf is starting on Sky1 +1 in a minute. It's Christmas!

The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That's a great achievement, well done to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well done Hollister that's a great achievement.

You know Christmas is coming to a close when the darts end. Great final. Any darts fans here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »

You know Christmas is coming to a close when the darts end. Great final. Any darts fans here?

Thanks Loughc.

I'm not the biggest Darts fan, but i was watching the match just there. Its savage to watch at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Yep! Delighted Anderson won :-) I was rooting for peter wright though before he got knocked out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    Yep! Delighted Anderson won :-) I was rooting for peter wright though before he got knocked out!

I love Peter Wright great character. The darts are just great to watch on tv at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

gidget wrote: »
    We still have a box & a half of Cadbury's Heros & a half box of Quality Street to finish off. Am luckily back in training on Monday & Wed so at least i can work a bit of it off.

We've just finished the last morsels in our box of Quality Street.
    I'm also polishing off the last couple of my "Christmas beer" stock.
    Cleaned out the fridge this afternoon and dumped a load of stuff that was starting to go off, e.g. the cheese.
    We still have a load of crackers, crisps etc left over. I guess they will gradually be eaten over the next couple of months.

Last, but by no means least, all the decorations were taken down bar one whistling reindeer. We still have to take down the tree but we'll do that tomorrow evening. The lights on the tree are on for one last time. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am a big fan of the darts; but I don't have Sky so I can only watch the BBC Lakeside one!

Posy wrote: »
    I am a big fan of the darts; but I don't have Sky so I can only watch the BBC Lakeside one!

Ah. The BDO Lakeside darts are good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Jude13

It has been great building it all up on here and sharing each others Christmas, alas work is here and I need to concentrate on other distraction. Happy new year to all.

Happy new year Jude. I hope you had a lovely time back home.

And to everyone who's back in work today after being off for Christmas. It's going to be ok! We can get through this!!

Well my Monday is off to a flying start. Drank so much coke over Christmas I haven't been able to sleep properly since Christmas eve night basically! :eek: note to self must kick coke habit again :p

Fell asleep at 4 am, and was violently woken at 6 am ish by my 2 year old who discovered he could climb over the safety gate at his bedroom door and decided at 6 am ish to repeatedly slap the sky controls off my face , making sure I was fully awake before he decided to climb into my bed and demand paw patrol on the telly.

Let's just say Monday is off to a flying start :eek:

Owww Glitzgirl I actually felt the pain just reading the controller part! I can't imagine how you felt. I got zero sleep last night. Complete case of the ultimate Sunday fear haha.

Owww Glitzgirl I actually felt the pain just reading the controller part! I can't imagine how you felt. I got zero sleep last night. Complete case of the ultimate Sunday fear haha.

I can actually feel the bruise coming up ...sigh ... least it's after the Christmas photos have been taken! :p I think a lot of people were having similar situations last night Loughc :D poor Mr glitz nearly cried himself to sleep last night at the thought of going back to work today (he's been off most of Dec so he's gotten very comfortable at home here :D )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well my Monday is off to a flying start. Drank so much coke over Christmas I haven't been able to sleep properly since Christmas eve night basically! :eek: note to self must kick coke habit again :p

Fell asleep at 4 am, and was violently woken at 6 am ish by my 2 year old who discovered he could climb over the safety gate at his bedroom door and decided at 6 am ish to repeatedly slap the sky controls off my face , making sure I was fully awake before he decided to climb into my bed and demand paw patrol on the telly.

Let's just say Monday is off to a flying start :eek:

Similar here. S's sleep has been all over the place since we got back from my in laws last week and he has been going to sleep later and waking later every day. Last night we thought we'd be smart and put him in his pjs and went for a drive in order to make him fall asleep at a more normal time. It was a huge success, he fell asleep, we drove home and successfully got him from car seat to bed. Yay!

Then he woke at 10.15, 11.55, 1.30, 2.15, 3.07, 3.45, 4.02, 4.20 from which point he clung to me but didn't sleep until 6.45 when he requested Paw Patrol. Thankfully my husband had slept through most of it, so I felt very justified in passing the baton to him and finally trying to get a couple of hours sleep. Though S was very loud when he got up and every time I heard my husband tell him to 'shh, mummy's asleep,' he got louder because he wants me up too. And we have my brother in law visiting today and a pair of dogs with upset stomachs, so the kitchen smells of dog fart.:o

Still though. It will be nice to have a last Christmas visitor when I do eventually wake up properly and air the house.

I became too comfortable in my house haha. I think this sums up the last three weeks perfectly,

25kivb7.jpg

• Advertisement

Omg iguana that's stressful ! Kitchen smells like dog fart haha I know I shouldn't laugh it's a terrible smell (trust me I know :eek: ) but just too funny ! God I dunno how your functioning after LO being awake that much :(

I became too comfortable in my house haha. I think this sums up the last three weeks perfectly,

If ever there was a seriously appropriate and accurate sum up of the Christmas period, that would so be it !! I love it ! Only because there is no way to look at it and not hang your head in shame because you totally have to agree with it haha :) and I'm very lucky Mr glitz always let's me have a ly on when he is here in mornings so I have had litterly no routine or normality and no concept at all of what day it is.

To be honest I'm still questioning wether it really is Monday or did Mr glitz just take advantage of my confused and trusting nature to slink off outta the house under the pretence of having to work in order to escape the nut house that we currently live in ! :p cheeky bugger probably off playing xbox somewhere haha

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Omg iguana that's stressful ! Kitchen smells like dog fart haha I know I shouldn't laugh it's a terrible smell (trust me I know :eek: ) but just too funny ! God I dunno how your functioning after LO being awake that much :(

He's been like that all week. I have low blood pressure at the best of times but it falls right down when I don't sleep. I can't even rely on coffee as that lowers my blood pressure even further. I have to make half-caff. I'm living on Lucozade.

iguana wrote: »
    He's been like that all week. I have low blood pressure at the best of times but it falls right down when I don't sleep. I can't even rely on coffee as that lowers my blood pressure even further. I have to make half-caff. I'm living on Lucozade.

Try take care of yourself too I know that's easier said than done with little ones running around but it is important ! Nothing worse than feeling dizzy tired and being exhausted with a tiny terror on the go lol :) hopefully he goes back to normally for you soon

Loughc wrote:

Haha, I saw this picture earlier on Twitter, thought it was very accurate!

Haha, I saw this picture earlier on Twitter, thought it was very accurate!

I don't think I've ever had a picture speak to me as much at that did haha.

Loughc wrote:
    I don't think I've ever had a picture speak to me as much at that did haha.

I especially liked the "No idea what day it is" part.
    It's very true, the week between Christmas and New Year can be so relaxing that the days all feel like it's the weekend and you're lazy and you just eat and eat and enjoy yourself.

Some people were also saying there should be an actual official name for that week.

Some people were also saying there should be an actual official name for that week.

There is, it's Crimbo Limbo :P :pac:

Loughc wrote:
    There is, it's Crimbo Limbo

Haaa, you're right!
    I have also heard "Food week" or "Festive week".
    Either way, I miss it. December is the best!

• Advertisement

Haaa, you're right!
    I have also heard "Food week" or "Festive week".
    Either way, I miss it. December is the best!

Likewise :(

That in between week is one of my favourite things about Christmas, as there's usually so much to do before Christmas, it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy that period.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement