Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Great pics Christmasmum! :)

We are getting closer woo hoo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christmasmum

Emcm - They have something very similar to that this year, cute little tiny tin buckets with little candy canes in them.
    I'm raging now I didnt take some photos of that whole candy section of decorations, maybe next time.
    The staff in BT will probs be like heres this mad woman again taking pictures! haha

I updated the imageshack account with the piccies of the 4 decorations we bought although the photos dont do them justice,
    specially not the sparkly ones. In reality they keep twinkling and sparkling, its dreamy :D
    I really love Christmas, Im gonna start earlier this year and try to do more crafts and home baked pressies so I'll be around
    alot snooping at all you guys ideas!
    Abs loving this new pinterest thing from babyandcrumble, I wasnt sure what it was for before now but I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I was invited to 2 seperate events on Facebook. One for a Santa train and another for Santa's official residence in Ireland. And I've even overheard some non believers moan about it still being 4 months away!!

X factor starts back tonight. And because it adds to my Christmassy feeling, I'm going to treat myself and head into BT to pick up one or two little decorations for my tree :D

It's beginning to look a lot like the beginning of the Christmas season for us Christmas nuts on the Christmas forum :) Pity I can't get that line into a song

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

X-factor just started, it's going to feel more like Christmas every day now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I can't decide whether to watch it this year or not it had gotten so bad but maybe with Sharon back it might improve

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Emcm wrote: »
    I can't decide whether to watch it this year or not it had gotten so bad but maybe with Sharon back it might improve

Easy Saturday night viewing, you could do much worse! The Christmas Countdown Factor is on, why they don't have the winner sing a Christmas song as the winners single is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

In the first few years they actually had a Christmas song as one of the songs they sang in the final I used to love that. I recorded it so will probably check it out later

I had the misfortune of saying in passing to DD1 that it would be Christmas when X Factor finished. She freaked out, thought it would be Christmas in an hour, the poor child. However, she did sing O, Holy Night for me....my favourite :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I watch 'Strictly' but can't stick the X Factor anymore. It's just too awful.

Aw, that's funny, Mayo Gurl!! :pac:

I felt bad, Posy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Posy wrote: »
    I watch 'Strictly' but can't stick the X Factor anymore. It's just too awful.

With you on this one Posy! Can't stand XFactor. Sorry everyone!:)

I'm purely Strictly!! OH is delighted Rachel Riley is going to be on this year, so I will be able to watch it in peace. Woo hoo!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pang wrote: »

I'm purely Strictly!! OH is delighted Rachel Riley is going to be on this year, so I will be able to watch it in peace. Woo hoo!

I'm also a fan of both ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Wanted a hot drink and decided to get the candy cane hot chocolate mix from the back of the press :D

Gotta go easy on it though, never seen it outside of Canada and won't be back this year to buy more! I'm sure you can make a better one from scratch but it's so handy to have the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The Christmas shops here in Colorado are even better than I hoped! First decoration of the year bought :) I'm on mobile so can't upload a pic, but will do so when I get home (I have a feeling there will be more than one purchased!) I am not exaggerating when I say I could have spent thousands in about 20 mins in one shop today! Stupid luggage allowance.... and credit card limit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oh it is nice to get something different isn't it? I love getting Christmas decorations on holidays.

1st of September, three months to go and then I'm jetting of to NYC for a week \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saw this over in bargain alerts spotted in Tesco!

270196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Saw this over in bargain alerts spotted in Tesco!

270196.jpg

Love it:D Cant wait to put up the tree :)
    Going to start getting a few bits and pieces this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The wintery weather is finally coming, I love the dark nights! Can't wait until its cold enough to start lighting the fire. Nothing says a lazy day like chilling in front of the fire all day with endless cups of tea and Christmas movies.

I feel guilty staying in pj's all day when the weather is fine and its bright outside but I love having days off where I do nothing more than have a shower and change my pj's, and no one bats an eyelid because its dark, miserable and wintery outside :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The Christmas sweets are definitely appearing in the shops now! The Journal even has an article about it with a picture from Tesco Celbridge

20130903_152844-e1378222238699-375x500.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

SO FRIKKIN EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Really looking forward to Christmas. I have to update my YouTube playlist as a few of the videos in their have been deleted because people have closed their accounts or had them banned.

I'll probably be home for Christmas in 2013 and am really, really looking forward to buying a box or two of Lemon's Seasons Greetings :) Can't find them anywhere online for UK delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Christmas Jumpers are in, in Penney's!

Love2love wrote: »
    Christmas Jumpers are in, in Penney's!

My sister rang me today from Penneys (shes really getting into this shopping lark :D) but she said the ones in Castlebar are c**ppy. Just in case anyone is going to that branch specially.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Christmas paper is in M&S now too

MampSXmas_zps82a3e985.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The wintery weather is finally coming, I love the dark nights! Can't wait until its cold enough to start lighting the fire. Nothing says a lazy day like chilling in front of the fire all day with endless cups of tea and Christmas movies.

I feel guilty staying in pj's all day when the weather is fine and its bright outside but I love having days off where I do nothing more than have a shower and change my pj's, and no one bats an eyelid because its dark, miserable and wintery outside :D

The mornings and evenings are getting cooler. Sept- Dec always flies, love this time of year.

Evenings in front of the fire, beat it you can't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Definitely chillier tonight than it has been :) And The Family Stone is on TCM while I'm looking up Christmas gift ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I live in the Burren it's fantastic around the Autumn and Winter time. ..
    Crispy morning walks, I love my Christmas up here it's very authentic, the small villages and town's have a nice atmosphere. ..

Getting out of the surf in Lahinch is nice too, me in my wetsuit and Christmas lights about the town. ...

Geomy wrote: »
    I live in the Burren it's fantastic around the Autumn and Winter time. ..
    Crispy morning walks, I love my Christmas up here it's very authentic, the small villages and town's have a nice atmosphere. ..

Getting out of the surf in Lahinch is nice too, me in my wetsuit and Christmas lights about the town. ...

Geomy, can I pick your brains? Have you been to Santa at the Ail*** Cav*s? I've been looking into a few of them and it sounds good. I'm going to book today if possible. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Geomy, can I pick your brains? Have you been to Santa at the Ail*** Cav*s? I've been looking into a few of them and it sounds good. I'm going to book today if possible. Thanks in advance.

Yeah it was good when I went, my son's 12 now so we don't go anymore.
    Between Bunratty and Ailwee cave's it's hard to choose the better of the two..
    The cave's are closer to Mayo, but Bunratty isn't far down the motorway. ..

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply Geomy, I have just booked the caves for December 14, so shall report all afterwards :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement