Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Well now the tree with have to stay up longer... for heat if nothing else ;)

Exactly! Although I'd rather be able to get in contact with the heating guy so he can fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I had to read that twice posy to get it ha! I know what you mean I keep saying next year but then I remember it's actually this year :p

My sister took down some of her decorations the other day and said 'see you next year, Christmas.' She was corrected by her 5 year old that Christmas is actually this year. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I had to read that twice posy to get it ha! I know what you mean I keep saying next year but then I remember it's actually this year

I know, I was like "omg, I've bought a present for next year already." :o (I never bought presents in the January sales before)
    Then I thought "wait, I've bought a present for this year- I'd have been shopping for it in a few months anyway!!" :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I know, I was like "omg, I've bought a present for next year already." :o (I never bought presents in the January sales before)
    Then I thought "wait, I've bought a present for this year- I'd have been shopping for it in a few months anyway!!" :pac:

Sure your really just being prepared ! Nothing wrong with that at all :) it is only a few months away :pac:

• Advertisement

Cleaning bathrooms and having a mini melt down moment.. still have some festive snowman toilet paper in bathrooms. Am given serious thought to hiding it and producing it in bathrooms sparodically throughout the year when I need to cheer myself up ... :pac:

My order just arrived !! Presents for 2016 are officially here ! I ordered myself a half price singing christmas tree cookie jar too and omg I love it !!! I just sent a vid of it to Mr glitz haha :) it may stay out now for a few weeks because it's new and probably needs fresh air after been packaged up in all that bubble wrap ... I'm doing it a kindness really ; ) have been pressing it and listening to "rocking around the Christmas tree " for the last 10 minutes it has made my day !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    it may stay out now for a few weeks because it's new and probably needs fresh air after been packaged up in all that bubble wrap ... I'm doing it a kindness really ; ) have been pressing it and listening to "rocking around the Christmas tree " for the last 10 minutes it has made my day !

I love this! Great example of a Little Christmas Victory! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I love this! Great example of a Little Christmas Victory! :)

Thank you ! It totally brought back my christmas spirit and kids got a lovely surprise when they came home haha. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DrJ wrote: »
    I just found out that the wedding party I'm attending in March have opted for turkey and ham set dinner! I cannot wait! They're not having the biscuit cake shenanigans either - just a proper Christmas/wedding cake. It's going to be like Christmas and as I didn't have much of a one this year for various job woes I am so looking forward to this :D

I always love going to family events and getting turkey and ham over beef/salmon. Whilst I love beef/salmon. There just weekly dinners to me and Turkey and ham is a really treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

My Christmas tree just came crashing down!
    I accidentally pushed lightly into it while I was trying to plug it into the socket so that the lights would come on but then somehow I knocked it over!

Now, firstly, I have not put that much weight on over Christmas. I refuse to believe so!
    And secondly, the tree has survived without any damage being done, thank God!
    I spent last half an hour straightening all the baubles and everything on it.
    So it wasn't that bad after all. Phew!

I think my lovely tree was trying to tell me maybe it's time to take it down?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Managed to break my net lights when taking them down off the window. I knew I should never have taken down the Christmas decorations :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Came home from work and my housemate had taken down all the decorations. Saves me having to do it!! Place looks so bare

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Managed to break my net lights when taking them down off the window. I knew I should never have taken down the Christmas decorations

Well, aren't we the lucky ones today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I love Turkey&Ham it's definitely a treat brilliant idea for a wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

very strange that the media and retailers have not tried to use january 6th as a big retail day or as a way to flog stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

Many Orthodox churches annually celebrate Christmas Day on or around January 7.

When I got home from town I realised that tonight will be the last night we'll have out window/out door lights on.
    We'll get another couple of days out of the tree tough.
    We generally take down the decorations in phases to make the place look less bare.

The house is so bare for me now. All decorations gone! Well bar 4 small items dotted around the sitting room that will remain for 2016 to keep the spirit alive.

Our tree is getting an extra day because the room would be too cold without it. Hopefully our heating with be sorted tomorrow so we wont freeze and it will come down then. It's nice to have it for an extra day. :)

• Advertisement

Dickie10 wrote: »
    very strange that the media and retailers have not tried to use january 6th as a big retail day or as a way to flog stuff.

It simply a case of retailers just focusing on one event at a time. They are currently focused all on the January sales.

I despise the retail business for casting away Christmas the minute December 26th comes along. I never go to a sale on any day in between Christmas and New Years.

For me Christmas isn't about retail it's about spending time with your loved ones.

I have one of those Yankee candles twelve days of Christmas sets and I'm thinking of lighting one every month between now and December.

I have one of those Yankee candles twelve days of Christmas sets and I'm thinking of lighting one every month between now and December.

That is a BRILLIANT idea!

For anyone who has snapchat they have live snaps of Three Kings Day it's essentially what the Spanish community call Little Christmas and they feast on sweet bread and exchange gifts. They even put presents under the tree.

It looks so festive and fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I got a lovely gift coinciding with Women's Christmas :) I intend to use it all year round.

WIN_20160106_231139_zpswxenk3qd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just home from a women's Christmas meal with my friends. It was a lovely evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

They took the Christmas tree down in Connolly station this afternoon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Just home from a women's Christmas meal with my friends. It was a lovely evening.
    I'm having my Little Christmas dinner on Saturday. I am salivating at the thought of it already!! :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well lads and alssies it was a lovely Christmas, I was a bit sick at the start with a cough and cold thing so I was quite happy to put my feet up and relax for several days. And then several more :D I had a wedding on NYE too which was a really nice way to spend the occasion. We took the tree and decorations down last night but the tree is still standing out in the garden. I told my housemate all of the cats in the neighbourhood will take up residence in it, they love our garden anyway and you'd often see one gawping in the window at you.

Happy new year, elves :)

Happy New Year to you Miamee, glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love that idea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement