Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely! I have a box set ready to keep me occupied anyway!

Oooh what box set?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Oooh what box set?

Ally McBeal. I haven't seen it since it was on tv so it's like watching it for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hope it goes well toto ! *hugs*

Posy wrote: »
    Sometimes it's worse to be the loved one/friend/relative than the actual patient!

Very true posy !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For everyone who finished their first week back in work and are now relaxing this is for you.

25kq1cj.jpg

• Advertisement

Gone very cold out there and reports of snow in parts of Ireland. Where was this weather in December? Nothing says Christmas like cold weather and snow.

The weather is lovely at the moment. I wore a hat when we were out yesterday because it was cold enough for one. I didn't wear one at all in December.

The weather is lovely at the moment. I wore a hat when we were out yesterday because it was cold enough for one. I didn't wear one at all in December.

I know, I love wrapping up in the cold!

Hey guys,

Just letting ye know we have brought back the "Seeing Christmas Out of Season" Thread.

The longtime posters will remember this used to be a yearly tradition on boards but in time as we've gotten to know each other and become more of a community it became a general chat thread that we all love and know today as this thread.

So head over to the out of season thread here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057547425

to see what it's all about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I took down one tree yesterday and will take the other one down during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Tree still up plus everything else decoration wise in our house, still battling with my asthma, plus sinus's now, got very little sleep, hopefully we get some snow or at least let it freeze get rid of all these germs going around,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My tree and decorations are also still up, had all day put aside for cleaning but am battling a bad hangover.

My tree and decorations are also still up, had all day put aside for cleaning but am battling a bad hangover.

Definitely not a good idea battling decorations with a hangover, my hairdresser joked to me to keep it the tree up, hearts for valentines, then Patrick's day decorations, then little chicks& eggs for Easter my mother said don't tempt her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My mother has a white branch tree type thing in her hall that she decorates for every occasion! They sell ornaments for everything now

SarahLil wrote: »
    Definitely not a good idea battling decorations with a hangover, my hairdresser joked to me to keep it the tree up, hearts for valentines, then Patrick's day decorations, then little chicks& eggs for Easter my mother said don't tempt her

Just saying

2rrkm0n.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

SarahLil wrote: »

I "Christmassed up" Easter last year and had a tree. It wasn't my Christmas one though.:(

But it was a nice really Christmassy Easter. We decorated the house and porch, put up festive lights and our tree. We had Easter eve, where we picked a bowl of dandelions and left them out for the Easter Bunny and then watched an Easter movie before bed. Then on Easter morning, we had an egg hunt culminating with an American style basket of toys, a special breakfast complete with Easter crackers and ate while wearing the party hats. We had a special dinner with more crackers and a big Easter outing the next day. In all honesty it was Christmas' poorer, uglier cousin of a holiday but Christmas is so rich and beautiful that a lesser version of it is still totally wonderful.

I may have to reconsider not celebrating any other holidays if I can put the tree back up. :D Just finished cleaning the sitting room. I don't think it was even this clean before Christmas. I still have the mantelpiece lights, tiny light up Santa, tiny snow globe with my nephew's photo in it, Christmas candle and the beautiful wooden decoration I got for Christmas in various parts of the room. It sounds like a lot but it's subtle!

I have lights on the mantelpiece, Christmas candle and a small glass Christmas tree. Also still have the Merry Christmas mat out in the hallway haha.

My mother has a white branch tree type thing in her hall that she decorates for every occasion! They sell ornaments for everything now

I know the trees they are lovely a girl on work has one I picked up Easter decorations for her last year for it, seen Easter eggs in Supervalu yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I still have my cards up and all the Christmas eve photos of the kids visiting Santa each year since my eldest was a baby. Also still have my merry Christmas mats down!

A house in our estate still has lights up and on each evening, was lovey looking at it earlier in this cold and frosty festive weather :-)

• Advertisement

Birrrrr it's a very frosty morning out there. Be careful when driving I noticed a lot of Frost on the ground it's very slippy.

It is beautiful out there though.

Birrrrr it's a very frosty morning out there. Be careful when driving I noticed a lot of Frost on the ground it's very slippy.

It is beautiful out there though.

Where was this weather christmas week :( feels so wintry out and my tree isn't even here to enjoy it :pac:

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Where was this weather christmas week :( feels so wintry out and my tree isn't even here to enjoy it :pac:

Haha. I know! Perfect Christmas weather. Cold and dry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's like the opposite of Santa Claus the Movie where there is beautiful snow for all the December scenes and it just lashes rain in all the January ones.

How's the weather where everyone is?

Some serious winds where I am this morning after a lovely calm frosty morning the day before.

Calming down a bit out there now, hopefully the rumours of snow this week are true but the latest update shows an increase in tempatures.

How's the weather where everyone is?

Some serious winds where I am this morning after a lovely calm frosty morning the day before.

Calming down a bit out there now, hopefully the rumours of snow this week are true but the latest update shows an increase in tempatures.

Pretty much the same here sunny but freezing and windy out ! Still holding out for snow :pac:

I am so lighting my fire tonight and pulling the curtains it's bloody artic out would love to have the tree lights here to admire too :pac:

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I am so lighting my fire tonight and pulling the curtains it's bloody artic out would love to have the tree lights here to admire too :pac:

I miss my tree lights, at least I still have Christmas Yankee Candles, filling the house with a lovely Christmassy smell.

It's freezing outside but nice and toasty inside! I love this weather. I fell and hurt myself this morning but because I went for a run straight after falling I didn't realise I'd actually hurt myself because the cold weather was like an ice pack. :D

• Advertisement

I miss my tree lights, at least I still have Christmas Yankee Candles, filling the house with a lovely Christmassy smell.

Sounds perfect ! Yankee candles and a Christmas smell in a nice warm sitting room sounds ideal ! As close to Christmas as you can get without a tree I think ! :) ooh all your missing is a hot chocolate and a blanket for the couch now :) hmm must make hot choc later myself now :pac:
    It's freezing outside but nice and toasty inside! I love this weather. I fell and hurt myself this morning but because I went for a run straight after falling I didn't realise I'd actually hurt myself because the cold weather was like an ice pack. :D

Ouch ! Fair play to you for continuing with the run! I think you should get a hot water bottle ans cuddle up with it on the couch to soothe the injury ... maybe throw on a nice Christmas film too so you won't be bored !

How is Mr toto, did he have his surgery yet ?

I generally love this colder weather particularly at bed time when I can cocoon myself in with the blankets but I've been in and out all day between errands and work and the kids so I just can't get warm !! It's so cold poor dog is just looking at me like ive lost the plot when I ask him does he want to go out and pee :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement