Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a couple of ice packs but a hot water bottle sounds much much nicer!

Few more days to wait for the surgery. Christmas flew by and now time has slowed down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's freezing outside but nice and toasty inside! I love this weather. I fell and hurt myself this morning but because I went for a run straight after falling I didn't realise I'd actually hurt myself because the cold weather was like an ice pack. :D

I LOVE this kind of weather as well! Fair play on going for a run, the only running I'm doing is on a treadmill while looking out the window, it counts as running outside, right?
    Christmas flew by and now time has slowed down.

Ah stop January is creeping while it felt like I sneezed and the whole of December went by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I have a couple of ice packs but a hot water bottle sounds much much nicer!

Few more days to wait for the surgery. Christmas flew by and now time has slowed down.

Oh yea ! Can't beat a hot water bottle. When we had the snow in 2010 I fell on the way into work hurt myself but went in. Ended up sitting in the office all night pain was unbearable. After work straight to doc and discovered id broken my coccyx. Sat on a hot water bottle for like 3 days to try relive the pain ! Totally worth it !

You must be feeling anxious and worrying. It probably feels like time is going backwards and you'll drive yourself crazy with stress and worry.! X easier said than done but try distract yourself with some little jobs, or tasks if you need to focus on something else :)

Loughc wrote: »

Ah stop January is creeping while it felt like I sneezed and the whole of December went by.

Know that feeling ... sighs ... :eek: still only 50 more weeks til it's Christmas again lol :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I LOVE this kind of weather as well! Fair play on going for a run, the only running I'm doing is on a treadmill while looking out the window, it counts as running outside, right?
    Running inside sounds better and smarter!
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh yea ! Can't beat a hot water bottle. When we had the snow in 2010 I fell on the way into work hurt myself but went in. Ended up sitting in the office all night pain was unbearable. After work straight to doc and discovered id broken my coccyx. Sat on a hot water bottle for like 3 days to try relive the pain ! Totally worth it !
    Ouch! Worst thing to hurt really, isn't it? You just can't get comfortable.
    You must be feeling anxious and worrying. It probably feels like time is going backwards and you'll drive yourself crazy with stress and worry.! X easier said than done but try distract yourself with some little jobs, or tasks if you need to focus on something else :)

I'm a worrier! But I have plenty to do so that will hopefully help. Thanks for that. :)

• Advertisement

Yes Loughc any kind of running counts in my book :) I'm doing cardio kickboxing tomorrow and it's outside :eek: I will be frozen at the end of the class.

Severe frost warning for tonight in places according to fb posts /weather reports. :( hmm wonder can you break your coccyx twice ?! :pac:

Ouch! Worst thing to hurt really, isn't it? You just can't get comfortable.

I'm a worrier! But I have plenty to do so that will hopefully help. Thanks for that. :)

It is :( and they can't set it or heal it and it will always be sore afterwards stupid useless bone :mad:

Worrying is just another way of caring. Mr toto is a lucky well cared for man :) if you need distracting pop on here well cheer u up :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Know that feeling ... sighs ... :eek: still only 50 more weeks til it's Christmas again lol :)
    Only about 29 more weeks and the Brown Thomas Christmas shop will be getting ready to open up again! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Only about 29 more weeks and the Brown Thomas Christmas shop will be getting ready to open up again! :pac:

OMG I LOVE it !! Sure it's practically just around the corner ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Toto hope Mr Totos operation goes well, Fair play guys and girls excercising, this weather would confuse you make you think it's December again you just want to curl up on the sofa with tea biscuits choclates, (says she sitting on the sofa with blanket and tea finishing off the last of the sweets, with Yankee Christmas Cookie burning) Feeling meh another antibiotic for me relapse chest infection, 3rd antibiotic in 5 weeks

Thanks Posy for the Brown Thomas news that's made my Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If hiding in the spare room with your cat and a box of celebrations isn't christmassy I dunno what is!

*dons Christmas hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

If anyone wanna feel Christmassy again, Home Alone is on tonight @ 8 on E4.
    Yay!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If anyone wanna feel Christmassy again, Home Alone is on tonight @ 8 on E4.
    Yay!

Oh great spot! :D

Loughc wrote:
    Oh great spot!

Thanks, Loughc!
    Getting out my Christmas jumper...

There is currently sleet falling at the moment we may get snow yet :)

Loughc wrote:
    There is currently sleet falling at the moment we may get snow yet

I had to look outside the window to check!
    Hmmm, imagine waking up tomorrow to a snowy morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Anybody else feel like putting the tree back up!

amor3 wrote: »

Every single dark evening haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always do!

amor3 wrote:

Sometimes even in the summer.

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »

Only from the 7th January til mid November . Every year :pac:

I was looking out the window earlier trying to figure out whether it was raining or snowing! I just couldn't believe that I was seeing big fluffy flakes! I wasn't at home but I believe it was snowing there too. Very exciting. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Watching the weather tonight S heard there might be snow and said 'hurrah, Christmas is back!'

There is HEAVY frost out there this morning. Be careful when travelling folks. Almost like a thin layer of snow out there it's lovely :)

Omg !! It just started snowing here! Ok granted only yhe occasional few flakes but still it's snow ! Mini glitz shouted out "yea no school ". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

we got a nice dusting in Meath. Im a happy bunny today! I was just saying to OH last night (late last night as I was like a child with the snow and didnt go to bed until 4am :eek:), aw I reeeally wish we had our timmy tree now!:)

Oh, wow! Almost time to build a snowman.
    Almost.

The frost on our road still hasn't melted since Thursday. It's all white. It's a gorgeous night out there.

Not entirely christmas related but I heard Disney have officially announced they are making frozen 2. :D so for all those parents who thought they had survived the great Elysa drought of christmas 2014 .. you have been warned ! :)

• Advertisement

I like Frozen. They'll make a fortune with the second one!

I've had Terry's Chocolate Orange for breakfast for the last few days. Such a Christmas thing to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement