Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

For most of last year I was convinced Frozen 2 was coming out for Christmas 2015. No idea where I got that idea from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

iguana wrote: »
    For most of last year I was convinced Frozen 2 was coming out for Christmas 2015. No idea where I got that idea from?

There was lot of speculation about it and when it was coming out to be fair. But it's been confirmed by Disney :D wonder if I can convince Mr glitz to go with me to see it :p :pac: I have a funny feeling I know his answer though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Still resting up , this been sick business is very confusing its a bit like Christmas apart from the Mehh feeling, current situation is pjs on, Christmas garland still on fireplace, a number of Christmas ornaments still around the place, Christmas candle burning, having a hot chocolate with the feet up, have a joint of ham on for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sounds lovely, SarahLil, apart from the sickness bit!

I've spent most of my time in the hospital with my husband since Thursday, and then eating crap at home. Looking forward to getting into some sort of routine at home soon!

How is Mr toto doing ? My best wishes for a speedy recovery !

Nowhere near the same thing at all but I'm smootherin all weekend with a head cold and chest infection and it just throws everything off balance. I'm dragging myself off the couch all day today. Hoping to be better by tomorrow so I can get back on track with my exercising and healthy eating :pac:

• Advertisement

Sounds lovely, SarahLil, apart from the sickness bit!

I've spent most of my time in the hospital with my husband since Thursday, and then eating crap at home. Looking forward to getting into some sort of routine at home soon!

My house is falling down around me Toto I need some of your 15 minutes blitz tidying up around here, I know how you feel life gets so busy especially when a loved one is ill make sure to look after yourself X

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'm dragging myself off the couch all day today. Hoping to be better by tomorrow so I can get back on track with my exercising and healthy eating :pac:

It's that time of year isn't it. My fitness pal hasn't seen this much action in months haha.

How is Mr toto doing ? My best wishes for a speedy recovery !

Nowhere near the same thing at all but I'm smootherin all weekend with a head cold and chest infection and it just throws everything off balance. I'm dragging myself off the couch all day today. Hoping to be better by tomorrow so I can get back on track with my exercising and healthy eating :pac:

Listen to your body, your doing great keep up with the healthy eating you might set yourself back if you go excercising with that chest infection X

Loughc wrote: »
    It's that time of year isn't it. My fitness pal hasn't seen this much action in months haha.

So jealous can't wait to be up and about,

Every year is the same thing :pac: to be fair though this is the longest I've stuck with it I normally lull until April and then start back up again :p

I've ordered my new get into bombshell dress for my night out in Feb. It's hanging on my wardrobe door taunting me lol

Keep up the good work Loughc think of the shopping you can go afterwards (or whatever motivates you :p )

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    My house is falling down around me Toto I need some of your 15 minutes blitz tidying up around here, I know how you feel life gets so busy especially when a loved one is ill make sure to look after yourself X

Don't do it! Mr glitz is on duty today so I had to pull myself up and look after 2 hyperactive kids (and one is a toddler :eek: ) and my aim today was to sort through some of the toy clutter that currently is replacing my sitting room floor !

It was soul destroying but I got it done. For now til toddler wakes up in the morning anyway :mad: stay in bed it's clear a much safer option !

Listen to your body, your doing great keep up with the healthy eating you might set yourself back if you go excercising with that chest infection X

Thank hun! Tomorrow is Monday so it's Swiss ball class so ill see if I can ly on the ball and catch a few zzzz before anyone notices :p

Sorry to hear your not feeling any better! Your really having a tough time of it :(

Mr Toto is doing well. He just went for a (slow) wander in the corridor on his crutches. He has been in a lot of pain but things seem to be settling down. He's being well looked after anyway!

Mr Toto is doing well. He just went for a (slow) wander in the corridor on his crutches. He has been in a lot of pain but things seem to be settling down. He's being well looked after anyway!

No doubt about that anyway with all your worrying and fussing he will back to himself in no time ! :) hate crutches .. They are so much hard work esp when you have no upper body strenght :o

Thank hun! Tomorrow is Monday so it's Swiss ball class so ill see if I can ly on the ball and catch a few zzzz before anyone notices :p

Sorry to hear your not feeling any better! Your really having a tough time of it :(

Hopefully your on the mend soon, exciting new dress spuring you on that's brill, love getting glammed up and having something to look forward too,

Got some good news regarding the X-ray I'm just battling a relapse of chest infection but have coughed so much my ribs and muscles are very very sore never experienced anything like the pain it but thank god it's nothing serious il just have to be patient let it run its course

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Delighted that he's doing well, Toto. :)

No doubt about that anyway with all your worrying and fussing he will back to himself in no time ! :) hate crutches .. They are so much hard work esp when you have no upper body strenght :o
    Definitely a lot of fussing! But sure it's good for him to have someone to help him get moving. He's spent so much time on crutches at various stages that they're no problem to him. He's supposed to try to walk normally with them anyway so his lack of upper body strength isn't too much of an issue. :D Any time I've tried them I've felt desperately unsafe!
    Got some good news regarding the X-ray I'm just battling a relapse of chest infection but have coughed so much my ribs and muscles are very very sore never experienced anything like the pain it but thank god it's nothing serious il just have to be patient let it run its course
    Great that's it's nothing serious but it sounds really awful. Look after yourself!
    Posy wrote: »
    Delighted that he's doing well, Toto. :)

Thanks!

Happy blue Monday everyone! We're lucky. we know that we can pop on here at anytime to chat to our fellow elves about Christmas if were missing the festive season :) only 49 weeks to go! That would cheer anyone up lol :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy blue Monday everyone! We're lucky. we know that we can pop on here at anytime to chat to our fellow elves about Christmas if were missing the festive season :) only 49 weeks to go! That would cheer anyone up lol :)

Honestly popping in here and keeping in touch with all of ye always cheers me up especially on Monday's and not just the blue one :D

Honestly popping in here and keeping in touch with all of ye always cheers me up especially on Monday's and not just the blue one :D

I know the feeling ! On those bleak days when the hamsters stop turning and I can't get onto boards I sit there thinking of how much I enjoy logging on here and catching up with you all ! :) festive 24/7 , 365 days a year ! Sure you can't go wrong with that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I find the best cure for the post Christmas blues is just to dive head first into the New Year - it's harder than it sounds but before you know it you'll be back into a routine again! I have booked flights to Rome for a weekend in April....so roll on April :D

Woo boards is back! Ok I put my hands up I totally jynxed it after my last post lol technology hates me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too...

Remind yourself that when Blue Monday ends, there is exactly 340 days till Christmas!

Woo boards is back! Ok I put my hands up I totally jynxed it after my last post lol technology hates me :p

Wow that's the longest I've ever seen boards down. I'm glad it was though had a really busy day in work ended up doing a 14 hour shift uuuugggh.

Fecking Boards. Not around when I want to browse and comes back as soon as I start thinking avid going to bed.

Are we back? I'm afraid to jinx it haha

Are we back? I'm afraid to jinx it haha

Well it went down again after you posted so we can only blame you.

Well it went down again after you posted so we can only blame you.

I accept this blame. Are we back now? :P

I won't believe it until we're back for at least 2 days.

In Christmas news, I was singing a Christmas song a few minutes ago without realising.

• Advertisement

Welcome back boards and elves!! I missed ye all dearly :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement