Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Welcome back boards and elves!! I missed ye all dearly :)

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's going to down again now. You're cursed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm going to go ahead and say that it's going to down again now. You're cursed.

I'm not cursed :(

I'm not cursed :(

Clearly not! It's still working!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm so happy it's back haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I'm so happy it's back haha.

It's like christmas morning all over again, well almost!

• Advertisement

I was amazed at how often I checked Boards and then realised it was down! And when Twitter was down too I felt a bit lost. I couldn't figure out what else there was to look at on the internet! :D Thankfully I was too busy to browse properly anyway. I missed this forum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I was amazing at how often I checked Boards and then realised it was down! And when Twitter was down too I felt a bit lost. I couldn't figure out what else there was to look at on the internet! :D Thankfully I was too busy to browse properly anyway. I missed this forum though.

Check out Quora. I'm as hooked on that as boards. Although it doesn't quite have the same community vibe, there's a lot of great content and reading material.

I was amazing at how often I checked Boards and then realised it was down! And when Twitter was down too I felt a bit lost. I couldn't figure out what else there was to look at on the internet! :D Thankfully I was too busy to browse properly anyway. I missed this forum though.

Thankfully Monday and Tuesday were the busiest days in work for me ever so therefore I didn't get a chance to miss boards too much.

I missed it more today hahaha. I was lost without our little community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I missed this forum the last few days a number of times I checked, one of the evenings in the past few days my other half was sitting there whistling jingle bells I joined in too singing then we just laughed, he defiantly loves Christmas since we are together

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

S was telling me last night about the great Star Wars toys he saw on youtube. I told him that if he still likes them next winter he can ask Santa for them. I hope they come down in price before then as they are expensive. Though I know me and if I see any on sale/secondhand I'll snap them up in the hope that he still loves them come Christmas. I'd bought his Batcave and a lot of his surprises, last April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Those of you with iPhones, there is an app called app of the day. The app of the day brings you a free app every single day and today is one called "will it snow". Thought some of you might like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

My first time I'm able to log in since it went down! How I missed you all.. Happy Christmas everyone.. We watched elf on the shelf yesterday and my kids are here playing in their Christmas pyjamas.

Iguana, your little guy sounds like mine.. I'm basically living in Gotham city here with all the imaginex stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg ! I'm finally back ! Everytime I checked it was done and then when it did work I couldn't log on from my phone. I won't lie was a scary few days ., felt very lost :pac: hello elves !!!

iguana wrote: »
    S was telling me last night about the great Star Wars toys he saw on youtube. I told him that if he still likes them next winter he can ask Santa for them. I hope they come down in price before then as they are expensive. Though I know me and if I see any on sale/secondhand I'll snap them up in the hope that he still loves them come Christmas. I'd bought his Batcave and a lot of his surprises, last April.

Iguana there were some star wars ships in tesco reduced early last week may be worth a look. Think they were reduced down to 40€. My mini and Mr Glitz both love star wars and collect the ship and action figures and since Disney took over the rights not only is star wars popping up on every merchandisable thing imaginable but it's ridiculously expensive. Every year I've brought them ships and they are about 25/30 euro. Saw the vehicles this year and they were easily 60€ in smyths ! :eek:

Group hug everyone! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Iguana there were some star wars ships in tesco reduced early last week may be worth a look. Think they were reduced down to 40€. My mini and Mr Glitz both love star wars and collect the ship and action figures and since Disney took over the rights not only is star wars popping up on every merchandisable thing imaginable but it's ridiculously expensive. Every year I've brought them ships and they are about 25/30 euro. Saw the vehicles this year and they were easily 60€ in smyths ! :eek:

Thanks. I'll take a look in Tesco, I didn't think of there. The ones he's mad about are €60 and €67 in Toys'r'us and that's the only place I've physically seen them. Debenhams claims to have had one of them for €22.75 but it's out of stock. I'd have snapped that up for next year in a heartbeat if they'd had it. Even wanted something else as his main gift, this set would be a wonderful surprise.

I really feel bonkers to be thinking about it this soon but when they are sooooo expensive it's worth grabbing a bargain. Online they are either really expensive or so expensive to ship you don't save anything. Hopefully as there is no trilogy movie this year the toys will go down in price at some point.

May not be what your looking for iguana but if your LO is star wars mad in general and your not trying to get a specific ship from a specific film , lidl and aldi had great offers on star wars toy ships before christmas. May be worth keeping an eye on their toys through the year. For 24.99 Def worth a look !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I was doing an online survey earlier and for one of the answers I typed in Christmas instead of my actual answer without thinking or looking at the keyboard. :) Clearly Christmas is still in the back of my mind somewhere and likes to make an appearance now and again. :P :D

The blizzard in America looks amazing. Up to 6 feet of snow in places.

I know that being a tourist in New York would probably be pretty crappy right now with all the snow, but I just want to go build a snowman in Times Square!

• Advertisement

I know that being a tourist in New York would probably be pretty crappy right now with all the snow, but I just want to go build a snowman in Times Square!

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews/videos/10154068281383812/

Now you're one step closer to realising that dream. ;)

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/video/herd-of-deer-run-down-snowy-street-in-cleveland-park-washington-dc?cm_ven=FB_WX_JB_12316_8

Poor guys so confused by the weather they think they're practicing take off for Christmas Eve.

I love it! The snow looks absolutely amazing. So fluffy.

Before Christmas I couldn't find those Obsessive Christmas Disorder pillow cases in Penneys so I was delighted when we went to my parents' house for Christmas and they had them on the bed we were sleeping in. Last week when they visited they gave them to me! Looking forward to randomly Christmassing up the bedroom in June!

Before Christmas I couldn't find those Obsessive Christmas Disorder pillow cases in Penneys so I was delighted when we went to my parents' house for Christmas and they had them on the bed we were sleeping in. Last week when they visited they gave them to me! Looking forward to randomly Christmassing up the bedroom in June!

Christmas in June. Let's do it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

I start my IT training course today and that will bring me all the way into to the middle of July. Five short months from that and we'll be in mid December. Christmas will be so close then. :D

This day 11 months time folks!

Month 1 done and dusted, that wasn't so bad now was it :)

Thank god, the site is moving again, it was so slow over the past few days I avoided posting even though I really wanted to!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It seems like way more than a month since Christmas! It is weird to think that this day a month ago I was making sandwiches from leftovers and slobbing about the house in my Christmas pyjamas (... and loving every second :D)

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    It seems like way more than a month since Christmas! It is weird to think that this day a month ago I was making sandwiches from leftovers and slobbing about the house in my Christmas pyjamas (... and loving every second :D)

It really does seem alot longer ago, I call that the January effect! At least we've less than a week left in this useless month. Looking forward to March this year with Paddy's day and Easter both landing in the same month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement