Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I have turkey and ham portions in the freezer I'm going to take out for this weekend, mini christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pancake Tuesday is February 9th so that's something to look forward to soon!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have turkey and ham portions in the freezer I'm going to take out for this weekend, mini christmas!

I'm planning on celebrating the "25th" on the weekend, some treats and "Scrooged" is in order.

I love Pancake Tuesday because I love pancakes even though I never eat them outside of Pancake Tuesday haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Only two weeks away! :) I'm going to invite friends over for a pancake party :D

I love Pancake Tuesday too. I used to make pancakes an awful lot more often than I do now. On Pancake Tuesday I used to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner but the last time I did that it was a bit too much. This year I'm just going to have them for dinner. I've had a Nutella, peanut and caramel crepe from Crepes in the City (you see them at a few of the markets in Dublin) a few times so I think I'm going to do something like that with ice cream. Best dinner ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Took down the tree yesterday. Now I've to try and figure out how to get the tree and the tree decorations in the attic because I've it nearly pack with other decorations.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel like we should be doing a rolecall to see if everyone survived the great boards crash of 2016. I hope we haven't lost any of our elves along the way haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I haven't actually got around to taking down the Christmas decorations yet... It's pretty much just fairy lights (I haven't been switching them on), tinsel, a door decoration and the Christmas cards. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

I am a fan of savoury pancakes so I usually have those first and then sweet ones for dessert. So my ideal Pancake Tuesday dinner involves having a selection of things on the table for everyone to fill their own pancakes - sausages, bacon, grated cheese, red onion etc for the first course and then Nutella, bananas, golden syrup, ice cream etc for the second

I'm very stressed. I need to sing a Christmas song or something but I can't because I'm in a cafe. :(

All this pancake talk is making me drool! I'm still deciding on what to have, I love savoury pancakes. Thinking smoked salmon, chicken tikka or chicken satay. Will also do some sweet ones for dessert with a little cheeky ice cream

• Advertisement

I'm very stressed. I need to sing a Christmas song or something but I can't because I'm in a cafe. :(

Ah no! Hope everything is ok!

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah no! Hope everything is ok!

I had a muffin and a hot chocolate and a bit of perspective and I'm fine now, thanks! Part of the problem was that some absolute moron nearly reversed into me in a car park and no amount of beeping at him seemed to work. And then after driving around the car park trying to find a space I ended up having to leave without finding one and I had to pay for a full bloody hour. But my husband is having a crap load of staples removed today so it could be worse. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I feel like we should be doing a rolecall to see if everyone survived the great boards crash of 2016. I hope we haven't lost any of our elves along the way haha.
    I was locked out of boards for nearly three days but got back in eventually! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

First payday since mid December, I think I'll buy myself a Christmas present to lift the January depression

Posy wrote: »
    I was locked out of boards for nearly three days but got back in eventually! :pac:

Glad you're back in l was getting lonely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hello !! Haven't been on in a few days :p super busy here January is flying along. Celebrated my birthday yesterday and my mini glitz birthday is this weekend also. Was also plesently surprised that Despite having eaten my body weight in Ben and jerries( instead of a cake :pac: ) the clothes I ordered for my night away with Mr glitz in Feb arrived and actually fit ! Woo! Mini fist pump moment ladies :D off tomorrow to get hair done and make up lessons and a quick coffee before collecting the kids :eek: I won't know myself !

Only productive thing I've done all week has been to clear out the attic to store the new boxes for Christmas gifts bought in the sales ! Toto hope your hubby is recovering well! SarahLil hope your feeling better too x :)

Happy birthdays to you both Glitzgirl and mini-glitz :)

Happy birthday, Glitzgirl!

Thanks guys ! :) The last week of January is always a crazy week here in my house with both myself and mini glitz rushing to see if either of our birthdays fall on the weekend :pac: mini glitz won this year he's delighted :D
    Looking forward to pancake Tuesday after reading all those posts ! Pancakes and strawberries yum yum ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'm still here, never realised how much I check Boards until I couldn't get in!!

Up to my eyes in work!! Can't wait until it dies down a bit which might not be for a couple of months!!

• Advertisement

Happy birthday Glitzgirl and mini glitz, hope you both get spoiled.

kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm still here, never realised how much I check Boards until I couldn't get in!!

Up to my eyes in work!! Can't wait until it dies down a bit which might not be for a couple of months!!

Stop this month has been hell for me in work. Pulling some silly long shifts and working the odd Saturday :(

I have a few days booked off in March that i am living for at the moment.

I saw a Christmas tree last night, not sure if it's 10 months early or just late taking it down!

Stop this month has been hell for me in work. Pulling some silly long shifts and working the odd Saturday :(

I have a few days booked off in March that i am living for at the moment.

I am trying to be good with my hours and still leaving on time - life is too short to be stuck crunching numbers all night!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I saw a Christmas tree last night, not sure if it's 10 months early or just late taking it down!

Maybe just super traditionalists keeping it up until Candlemas!:cool:

Got to say as much as i love Christmas, I think I'd go a bit mad if my decorations were still up. I was super sad taking them down this year but, and I may get kicked off this forum for saying this, I'm glad they are down now. I'm looking forward to spring with this year's early Easter (and obviously Christmas 2016:pac:) and am ok with last Christmas being in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Chinese new year approaching, a huge party, maybe the decorations ate crossing cultures ☺

kitten_k wrote: »
    Happy birthday Glitzgirl and mini glitz, hope you both get spoiled.

Thanks kitten_k ! I enjoyed my time and got a nice new hair do and mine glitz is bouncing with excitement waiting for his weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Was driving by the polloy hops on the nass road the other evenin and they still had there christmas lights up!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Apologies the Poitin Stil it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

330 days till Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement