Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was stuck in Christmas level shopping centre traffic today and the ice skating rink is still there so through the traffic induced rage I felt slightly Christmassy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Does anyone on here put up Easter decorations? I'm very tempted by those decorations in Dunnes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does anyone on here put up Easter decorations? I'm very tempted by those decorations in Dunnes.

Oooh are there Easter decorations in Dunnes? Must take a look. I decorated for the first time last year and it was lovely. It was small change compared to my Christmas stuff but I really liked it and will be adding a few new bits to it this year. S has also asked if he will be getting an "Easter Advent Calendar" so I'm going to make him one like some of the clever ones I've seen on Pintrest.

This was the bulk of my decorations last year. I also had some solar lights and lanterns hanging in the porch. We did a whole Easter Eve thing and picked a bowl of dandelions for the Easter Bunny on Saturday evening, then had a bath and watched Hop. (Which is not especially good but is about the only Easter movie there is.) It was like a mini-Christmas.
    2r6iakg.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

iguana wrote: »
    Oooh are there Easter decorations in Dunnes? Must take a look. I decorated for the first time last year and it was lovely. It was small change compared to my Christmas stuff but I really liked it and will be adding a few new bits to it this year. S has also asked if he will be getting an "Easter Advent Calendar" so I'm going to make him one like some of the clever ones I've seen on Pintrest.

This was the bulk of my decorations last year. I also had some solar lights and lanterns hanging in the porch. We did a whole Easter Eve thing and picked a bowl of dandelions for the Easter Bunny on Saturday evening, then had a bath and watched Hop. (Which is not especially good but is about the only Easter movie there is.) It was like a mini-Christmas.
    2r6iakg.png

Amazing . I love it ! Yeah Dunnes have some stuff in for Easter in homewares but they are a bit expensive. I might start getting creative. I bought some of those plastic coloured eggs in lidl last year , just didn't do anything with them. Now I will. I was thinking of using the Christmas garland for the mantle piece and decorating it with Easter themed decorations and coloured or pink lights?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last day in January folks :D

Glad to see the back of it to be honest always such a dull month. And we are another month closer to Christmas buildup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Having a hot chocolate with marshmallows to see it out!

Celebrated the end of January by buying S's first Christmas gift. I know the odds of him still wanting to ask Santa in December for the same thing that he now tells me he wants from Santa are slim. But I can't see him suddenly deciding that he hates Star Wars and Imaginext style playsets in the next 11 months, so it will be a super surprise for him even if it's not his requested toy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Had some of the Christmas turkey and ham for dinner, froze some portions with stuffing! Also had some potato dauphannoise from Christmas, felt totally festive and was a lovely way to see the month out. One more dinners worth left in the freezer, think I'll have it next weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

CAi8UvRVAAAF6jM.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good morning February :)

Welcome to the month of pancakes, love and leap day this year.

Shortest month of the year although only by a day this year but it always seems much quicker. Maybe it's the brighter mornings/evenings.

• Advertisement

Pancake month!!! Every month should have a food-related day. Munchie Box March. Apple Tart April. So many options!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pancake month!!! Every month should have a food-related day. Munchie Box March. Apple Tart April. So many options!

Hmmm... Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I really should run for election with that as one of my policies. Another one would be that everyone would have to have a lovely hot drink and sit down on cold days like today. State subsidised, of course.

My brother's girlfriend is Swedish so last year I felt it was necessary for me to adopt two Swedish holidays into my household. Waffle Day in March and Cinnamon Bun Day in September. Yum, yum.

Last year I even got the date of Waffle Day wrong so had to celebrate it twice. Ooops!:D

This waffle day you speak of.

What date should I expect to celebrate that?

Yes, and what other magical food days can your brother's girlfriend teach us about?

When I want a waffle fix I go here and get this.

san-lorenzo-s.jpg

It's the 25th of March, which I think is Good Friday this year. We celebrate by having waffles, strawberries and cream for breakfast.

I'm currently packing for my big move to Sweden. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

It's the 25th of March, which I think is Good Friday this year. We celebrate by having waffles, strawberries and cream for breakfast

Actually bought a waffle maker in Aldi a few months back which i've yet to use, so this will certainly give me a push to try it out. Is anyone else here familiar with that shop Sweet Republic on Bachelor's Walk, they're a sister company of Decobake, you should check out their facebook page cause they have some amazing goodies ( waffles included ) it would certainly give some ideas as to what to put on the waffles anyways!

iguana wrote: »
    It's the 25th of March, which I think is Good Friday this year. We celebrate by having waffles, strawberries and cream for breakfast.
    OH MY GOD THAT MEANS I'LL HAVE THE DAY OFF TO EAT WAFFLES!

I mean... oh. I'll probably have forgotten about Waffle Day by the time that comes around.

>_>

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    OH MY GOD THAT MEANS I'LL HAVE THE DAY OFF TO EAT WAFFLES!

I mean... oh. I'll probably have forgotten about Waffle Day by the time that comes around.

>_>

We'll sticky it :P

Loughc wrote: »
    We'll sticky it :P

I think we might have to make it an honorary forum holiday?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

gidget wrote:
    Actually bought a waffle maker in Aldi a few months back which i've yet to use, so this will certainly give me a push to try it out. Is anyone else here familiar with that shop Sweet Republic on Bachelor's Walk, they're a sister company of Decobake, you should check out their facebook page cause they have some amazing goodies ( waffles included ) it would certainly give some ideas as to what to put on the waffles anyways!

Sweet Republic's waffles + Nutella milkshake = yummy inside my tummy!

Today is Nutella day and Saturday is Ice Cream For Breakfast day. February is already looking like a great month!

Think you'll all appreciate this. Be on the look out for free Christmas chocolates!

Is anyone else done with this wind and rain weather we seem to be constantly having lately. I miss the proper cold weather we used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Is anyone else done with this wind and rain weather we seem to be constantly having lately. I miss the proper cold weather we used to have.

Was only saying that this morning! It's just wet and windy all the time. No frost or proper winter weather! I'm forever bringing in those hanging planters from my front door because they are getting thrashed !

Can't believe we're into February already ! :eek: have been so busy here with work and training and upskilling and time has just flown past ! May keep on top of the Christmas shopping or the time will fly by !

We're not just in February Glitzgirl we are now more than 10% of the way through the year already! And by the time this month ends we'll be only 300 days away from the big day itself.

• Advertisement

We're not just in February Glitzgirl we are now more than 10% of the way through the year already! And by the time this month ends we'll be only 300 days away from the big day itself.

OMG !! Then we will be down to the 200s so exciting !! I've already signed up for a Christmas nail art class for work so can't wait ! It will be on in mid summer should help me get in the festive mood :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement