Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Geomy, I have just booked the caves for December 14, so shall report all afterwards :)

You're welcome, hopefully it will be enjoyable for you all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Geomy, can I pick your brains? Have you been to Santa at the Ail*** Cav*s? I've been looking into a few of them and it sounds good. I'm going to book today if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hi, just wondering if you did book it and how much it cost? We tried going last year but was fully booked when we rang
    Thanks

Its €33 per child, adults €15 and babies up to 12 months on date of visit is €6. 1890 245593 is the booking line. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Its €33 per child, adults €15 and babies up to 12 months on date of visit is €6. 1890 245593 is the booking line. HTH.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Jolly Jingle Bells that's dear!!! A bit cheeky to charge for infants! (Easy knowing I'm childless I suppose)
    The best Santa I saw in years was the one in BTs - €5 with a picture & a lovely candy cane all proceeds to charity.

Mayo Gurl, are you Croker bound in a couple of Sundays?

Aw washiskin, I wouldn't go to a GAA do if it was going on in my back garden!!! I think I'm allergic to sport ;) DH would, hes a Dub. He'll be watching it in MY local, among MY people....wearing his Dublin jersey.....He drove to the last match, and my sister bought him the jersey as a gift and he wore it at the match, he was nearly murdered! I agree with you, it is expensive for A.C., especially as my babes know its not Santa, its a "messenger"....but my mother is counting down already, and shes mad excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Littlewoods have their decorations online!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/e/q/christmas/r/100.end

Not sure if this is classed as off-topic, but I saw on my FB this morning that Sm**hs have launched a savings card, you can top it up instore. The only thing is, it can't be used online....anyway, might be handy to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was in Penneys yesterday and they had festive bow ties! I bought six. They were four different patterns. One is blue and covered in mini Santas, so cute. My favourite though is green with gingerbread men on it!

Pang wrote: »
    Was in Penneys yesterday and they had festive bow ties! I bought six. They were four different patterns. One is blue and covered in mini Santas, so cute. My favourite though is green with gingerbread men on it!

And when are you going to model for us??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

For some reason, I'm really feeling Christmassy today! :) Doing a big clean-up of the house with the Christmas music blaring! It's our first Christmas in this house for me and my boyfriend, well our first Chrismas living together actually, and I just cannot wait to go shopping for Christmas decorations! (He's gonna kill me if he sees this! :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

They have some beautiful Christmas ornaments in the Disney Store. I love them all.

Now to get a second job so I can buy a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love white lights on the tree but I caved in and agreed to have the coloured ones this year. Apologies in advance, but I really really hate coloured lights. At least I only agree on condition that they are used on alternate years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

And when are you going to model for us??

I'll try get a pic up later. They're just so darn cute. I'm thinking of getting a few more for a gang of us that do 12 pubs every year!

Edited our 12 pubs list as well today!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

So I got home from work...

...to find my girlfriend was listening to Christmas songs.

:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is the Christmas forum. In here, you're the weird one. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

So I got home from work...

...to find my girlfriend was listening to Christmas songs.

:confused:
    ha! sounds like our kinda gal! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I tell people I love the dark early evenings and the cold and rain way more than the summer and they look at me like I'm a mad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I love white lights on the tree but I caved in and agreed to have the coloured ones this year. Apologies in advance, but I really really hate coloured lights. At least I only agree on condition that they are used on alternate years:D

I used to love the white lights. My house was very tastefully decorated too! Hated those awful multicoloured lights and dreadful plastic / paper portraits of Santa that everyone seemed to have!!

Then I had kids and I love love love the tacky multicoloured lights, tinsel galore and having no colour scheme on my tree. I like to re-create the 80's Christmas I had as a child. Now at Christmas, you could shoot a Cliff Richards music video at my house! :pac:

Love2love wrote: »
    I used to love the white lights. My house was very tastefully decorated too! Hated those awful multicoloured lights and dreadful plastic / paper portraits of Santa that everyone seemed to have!!

Then I had kids and I love love love the tacky multicoloured lights, tinsel galore and having no colour scheme on my tree. I like to re-create the 80's Christmas I had as a child. Now at Christmas, you could shoot a Cliff Richards music video at my house! :pac:

Blame the small people. I know I do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Blame the small people. I know I do ;)

I don't have small people to blame. And I don't want to. Long live multi coloured Christmases, I say! This will be myself and my gf's first proper Christmas living together, and she's used to a Christmas tree on which the ornaments were illy changed most years to suit whatever accent colours were in the sitting room. I, on the other hand, grew up in a household where there were yarn angels with bits missing from where the dog had got at them... But sure you couldn't throw them away! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't have small people to blame. And I don't want to. Long live multi coloured Christmases, I say! This will be myself and my gf's first proper Christmas living together, and she's used to a Christmas tree on which the ornaments were illy changed most years to suit whatever accent colours were in the sitting room. I, on the other hand, grew up in a household where there were yarn angels with bits missing from where the dog had got at them... But sure you couldn't throw them away! ;)

This is also my life! We have ornaments on my parent's tree they had since their first Christmas married! Little plastic Santas with half the face worn off.

I was living away last year and was moving back to Ireland just in time for Christmas. My boyfriend was getting the house ready for me. His family have a white tree and white lights and colour coordinated ornaments, so he said he had got white lights because he likes them.

When I got home I saw the tree had multicoloured lights :D They are just so much nicer I think! And I'll buy any tree ornament I like, no theme for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

This is also my life! We have ornaments on my parent's tree they had since their first Christmas married! Little plastic Santas with half the face worn off.

My mum had a tradition. She had a load of ornaments that she and Dad got for their first Christmas, then she used to buy one special ornament every year to add to the tree- there was a special branch it went on and everything! I always loved it because it was the last thing to go on the tree every year.

Since she passed away my Dad hasn't put up a tree at home and he's not around for Christmas this year. I think I'm going to go liberate the family ornaments when he's away. I can't bear another year knowing they're still boxed up!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My mum had a tradition. She had a load of ornaments that she and Dad got for their first Christmas, then she used to buy one special ornament every year to add to the tree- there was a special branch it went on and everything! I always loved it because it was the last thing to go on the tree every year.
    What a lovely tradition. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Since she passed away my Dad hasn't put up a tree at home and he's not around for Christmas this year. I think I'm going to go liberate the family ornaments when he's away. I can't bear another year knowing they're still boxed up!

That's a really lovely tradition. Continuing the tradition is a lovely way to remember your mother as well :)

My grandmother has a paper "ball" decoration from when she was a child many moons ago. My Dad used to always take the mick out of it, it was so old it was just brown. One year, she somehow missed taking it down, so its now up all year round - and is even browner. Its now fondly know as *Dad's name*' s ball by her :o but to make the story even worse, she doesn't ever cop why we all roar laughing when she says it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Got a vision in my head now, of our dad's brown ball, thanks for that Mayo gurl! :-D

Got a vision in my head now, of our dad's brown ball, thanks for that Mayo gurl! :-D

I didn't think I should suffer alone :D

I think I've found the perfect jumper for your hubs MG ..... ;)

• Advertisement

Also, fellow elves, here are my purchases from BT Christmas shop.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement