Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I've already signed up for a Christmas nail art class for work so can't wait ! It will be on in mid summer should help me get in the festive mood :)

As a guy this shouldn't make me jealous but it does :pac:

I'm in a mood to watch something festive soon, I need my fix haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    As a guy this shouldn't make me jealous but it does :pac:

I'm in a mood to watch something festive soon, I need my fix haha.

Haha ah it's totally understandable Loughc ! No judgement here. I mean who wouldn't enjoy a day drawing rudolph and Santa hats on nails lol :) :pac:

OOoh maybe for valentines day you could convince your SO that there would be nothing more romantic than cuddling up on couch with a fire and a hot chocolate and a Christmas movie :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

S's first present arrived today. I'm so excited I want to give it to him already. Luckily it's all ice planet Hoth themed stuff, so it looks too Christmassy to put in his Easter Basket and will be soon making the trip up the ladder for it's stay in the attic. He'll either get it as what he's asked for off Santa if by some miracle that's what he still wants (he did want the Batcave from March last year so he's very single minded once he's made his mind up about something), a surprise from Santa or possible his present from my father in law as we always sort out S's presents from him.

I find when they are younger they tend to like the same things. An odd item might pop up on tv adds but I can easily get my two somethings on offer through the year that I know they will still love come Christmas! Omg easter I haven't even stared getting stuff for it yet 😊 wish there were more easter themed films available ... getting sick of watching hop every year haha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I find when they are younger they tend to like the same things. An odd item might pop up on tv adds but I can easily get my two somethings on offer through the year that I know they will still love come Christmas! Omg easter I haven't even stared getting stuff for it yet wish there were more easter themed films available ... getting sick of watching hop every year haha

Watch Rise of The Guardians. It covers all the seasons, it has a Santa Claus and an Easter Bunny.

• Advertisement

I find when they are younger they tend to like the same things. An odd item might pop up on tv adds but I can easily get my two somethings on offer through the year that I know they will still love come Christmas!
    I know he'll definitely still love it by Christmas. It's a Playskool Star Wars playset with figures. He saw some in Toy'r'us in January and he fell in love. He calls them imaginext Star Wars and immediately decided to ask Santa for them next Christmas. Yesterday he was saying something about them and I asked him where would we get them from as Toys'r'us has closed down. He looked at me like I'm stupid and said they'd be in Santa's sack.:D

Omg easter I haven't even stared getting stuff for it yet 😊 wish there were more easter themed films available ... getting sick of watching hop every year haha
    I know, Hop isn't even especially good and I'm really not a Russell Brand fan. There are a few old fashioned Easter features on youtube but they don't feel very festive to me. At least Hop does have a jolly, colourful vibe. I also wish there were some Easter songs, then we could have Easter FM.:)

I will be making an Easter "Advent" calendar though. S asked me if there was an Easter Advent and was horrified when I explained lent to him. He stated that lent was 'too bad' and that there should be a calendar where you open the door every day and get a chocolate. I looked online for ideas and there are some perfect easy to make ones with an old egg box and some plastic eggs. I'll be doing a 12 day countdown from March 15th and sorting out crafts or adventures for each day with a clue to it inside each egg.:D

Something like this Easter-advent-calendar.jpg

Watch Rise of The Guardians. It covers all the seasons, it has a Santa Claus and an Easter Bunny.

Rise of the Guardians ? That sounds suspiciously marvel. If Chris Hemsworth is in it im all over it lol :D thanks for the suggestion ill ask mini glitz if we have it !

Omg iguana that looks fab ! So crafty ... I spray painted ikea spice racks today to use as shelves that's about it lol :p :pac:

Ah god you gotta love kids logic! Sure if course it would be in the sack :) S sounds adorably cute !

I quiet like the evil little chicken in hop lol :) but definitly on the same page as you regarding Russell Brand. Can't stand him at all :pac:

Rise of the Guardians has various mythical characters in it but it still feels mostly Christmassy to me. I guess because Jack Frost is the main character and wintry weather is an ongoing theme.

Rise of the Guardians ? That sounds suspiciously marvel. If Chris Hemsworth is in it im all over it lol :D thanks for the suggestion ill ask mini glitz if we have it !

It's an animated movie so sadly no eye candy for you haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've decided that each month coming I'm going to "fix" part of the house, so this month it's the main bathroom. It's a bedroom we converted to a bathroom and always felt like that, and never felt clean.

So its now a great steel grey color, tiling the backslash is next, repairing the bathroom panel and then some new storage. The toddlers have been using my ensuite over the winter as it's warmer but they are getting evicted shortly.

I know it's not exactly christmas related but it could be, doing up the house for santa, just taking my time doing it :) Our bedroom next

It's an animated movie so sadly no eye candy for you haha.

A girl can dream ... :) mainly of Chris Hemsworth :pac: I already got suckered into watching the avengers 2. I was guaranteed he would get his top off during the film to chop wood or something... Mr glitz would do anything to drag me to see his first crap with him in the cinema :p

iguana wrote: »
    Rise of the Guardians has various mythical characters in it but it still feels mostly Christmassy to me. I guess because Jack Frost is the main character and wintry weather is an ongoing theme.

Thanks iguana I might try that this year instead of hop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We're binge watching Agents of Shield at the moment. No Chris Hemsworth with his top off but it's very very good!

Easter seems to have become a much bigger thing than it used to be. Dunnes has loads of decorations.

We're binge watching Agents of Shield at the moment. No Chris Hemsworth with his top off but it's very very good!

Easter seems to have become a much bigger thing than it used to be. Dunnes has loads of decorations.

I love Agents of Shield, great show.

Yea I noticed that too, there defo seems to be more and more decorations creeping in each year for non-Christmas holidays.

I love Agents of Shield, great show.
    We watched the first few episodes when they were first on and didn't really like it but we'd heard that it got much better so we're giving it another go while my husband is off. We're at the start of season 2 now and it's brilliant. Love all the twists in it.
    Yea I noticed that too, there defo seems to be more and more decorations creeping in each year for non-Christmas holidays.

The Easter ones are so pretty. I wont be buying any of them but it's lovely to see a bit of Spring/Summer in the shops while the weather is so miserable.

We watched the first few episodes when they were first on and didn't really like it but we'd heard that it got much better so we're giving it another go while my husband is off. We're at the start of season 2 now and it's brilliant. Love all the twists in it.

Ah stop the first 6-7 episodes are some slog to battle through, they are painfully bad, but it just goes from strength to strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I don't decorate the house for anything other than Christmas!!!

I do decorate for easter and I found the last 2/3 years in particular a lot more easter decorations in the shops. It's great to get through the spring lol

RentDayBlues that's a great idea ! Very productive ! I'm working on my to do list for mini glitz communion day! I'm hoping most of the jobs will correspond with my chrostmas list lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We topped up the Tesco club card at the weekend for Christmas. I love seeing the word Christmas on the receipt, even at the checkout it was comes up as Xmas top up.

• Advertisement

I was the same. I grew up reading Marvel and still read well recommended runs but I just couldn't watch more than the first few episodes of Agents of Shield. It was dire. I'd heard it got better after Winter Soldier which is one of the best of the movies but it still took me over a year to give it another try. I couldn't bring myself to watch all of season one though. I just jumped in again with the WS tie-in episode. It's definitely much more watchable and I love Bobby. I prefer Agent Carter though.

I'm doing a rewatch of The Americans ahead of season 4 in March. That's a top notch show, one of the best ever. It normally comes on in January/February and looking forward to it eases my post Christmas blues. With such a long wait after Christmas this year a rewatch was the only way to survive January.

Oh and Glitzgirl, if you are a Hemsworth fan you might want to check out Ghostbusters when it comes out. He plays their secretary.

iguana wrote: »

Oh and Glitzgirl, if you are a Hemsworth fan you might want to check out Ghostbusters when it comes out. He plays their secretary.

omg no way ! Haha brilliant ! I know snow white and the huntsman 2 is due out soon :) thanks for the heads up ;)

Is anyone else done with this wind and rain weather we seem to be constantly having lately. I miss the proper cold weather we used to have.

And this morning we have a beautiful, sunny and cold winter morning. Where were these mornings in December? :p

But gorgeous morning out there, I love the cold calm winter mornings very festive.

Snowing in the curragh ! :)

Snowing in the curragh ! :)

I would LOVE to get snow, Nov-Jan was a write off in terms of frosty,icy and snowy weather.

I would LOVE to get snow, Nov-Jan was a write off in terms of frosty,icy and snowy weather.

Omg I'm on a roll today ! Had to go down to portlaoise and it was pelting down snow there! Massive chunks of snow too. All I kept thinking was I should have left up my tree and lights. It would be so pretty to have the snow outside as a backdrop to my pretty tree :)

I miss my tree :(

I miss my tree too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

aww, I miss my trish tree too! we name them every year! and I havent seen a snowflake yet. come onnn:(

snowgal wrote: »
    aww, I miss my trish tree too! we name them every year! and I havent seen a snowflake yet. come onnn:(

Given your username this wait must be killing you.

• Advertisement

Mixture of rain and sleet here today. I think sleet is worse than rain because you feel cheated out of snow.

Hope everyone is enjoying their pancakes! (Or looking forward to them later!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement