Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh and the Gavin and Stacy Christmas special was on Gold earlier so I watched that and then I had a drink out of my Christmas glass and I had some party mix and half a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

IT'S CHRIIIISSSSTTTMAAAAAAASSSS!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

We had some fun with the cold yesterday. The basin of water in the garden from the dogs froze over, so we brought it into the kitchen table to show S. He was nervous of it at first and refused to touch it but eventually enjoyed banging it with a spoon after he decided that Elsa had come and done it. Then he went out playing in the grass experimenting with how crunchy it was in the frost. And lastly we brought in some thin shards of ice and watched how they dissolved in warm water. It was great, magic and science in one. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh and the Gavin and Stacy Christmas special was on Gold earlier so I watched that and then I had a drink out of my Christmas glass and I had some party mix and half a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

That's the most Christmasssy evening ever!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A bit late to the party but here is my list:

Adyx
    Loughc
    Vojera
    tajd
    dr.fuzzenstein
    aaronjumper
    Wibbs
    Sierra 117
    massdebater
    nkay1985
    challengemaster

Up to my eyes in work, have hardly had a chance to be on! Hope everyone is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Whenever I need cheering up, I go to Netflix and put on the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special! :) Never fails!

• Advertisement

It's bitterly cold out there today. Where was this weather a couple of months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Howdy elves, haven't been here in a while! Wanna know why?

Christmas wedding planning is taking up ALL my time, apart from work (bleurgh).

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's mad. We're going to a load of wedding fairs this weekend and then we'll decide on a location. Apparently one of the places we're looking can do mulled wine/ hot chocolate on arrival in winter. And we've been researching Christmas market RIVERBOAT CRUISES for our honeymoon.

TOO FRIGGING EXCITING YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A Christmas wedding sounds lovely Baby and Crumble! I love the sound of your honeymoon too. I'm busy helping organise my wedding too so I completely understand how you feel. Thankfully I have 6 months longer than you to plan.

It takes so long!!! It's like buying a house but weirder. And people keep telling us about stuff we don't care about or actively don't want. We have the "chair cover" test for venues. If we need chair covers, or if they'd come with the package then we can safely say no.

I have made peace with just how hipster we are. ;)

Another beautiful frosty morning out there this morning, seriously where was this weather in December?

• Advertisement

I'm watching the episode of Ally McBeal where (SPOILER ALERT!) Robert Downey Jr leaves and I swear I can remember watching it when it was first shown as if it was yesterday. Damn you, Downey Jr, making me cry again.

On the plus side, there are millions of Christmas episodes of Ally McBeal. There are 3 in season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Whenever I need cheering up, I go to Netflix and put on the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special! :) Never fails!

Love that show, can't remember if I seen the Christmas one, I must investigate, my other half away this weekend this could be in the cards with a baileys coffee... It's only Tuesday and I'm already day dreaming about the weekend:D

SarahLil wrote: »
    It's only Tuesday and I'm already day dreaming about the weekend:D

Story of my life haha.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Any 30 Rock fans thinking of how to make Leap Day William into a real thing? :D

And Heatons finally reduced their Christmas towels and I got a set of each along with a box of Christmas origami yesterday. Spent the afternoon practicing making reindeer and Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

iguana wrote: »
    Any 30 Rock fans thinking of how to make Leap Day William into a real thing? :D

And Heatons finally reduced their Christmas towels and I got a set of each along with a box of Christmas origami yesterday. Spent the afternoon practicing making reindeer and Santa.

yes I got some Heatons towels too. Im not waiting till Christmas though! This weekend theyll get their first run out! Also, over the weekend we had a blow out after show party (involved with an amatuer group)and played christmas songs at 4am, loved it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

annnnd, its a beautiful christmassy morning out there today...Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm in a café in Swords and Judy Garland's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is playing :pac:

10 Months to go to the real big day! ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    10 Months to go to the real big day! ;)

That probably explains why I've been feeling like I need something to look forward to! We're too far either way from Christmas at this stage!

That probably explains why I've been feeling like I need something to look forward to! We're too far either way from Christmas at this stage!

I've a few days booked off in March that I am living for! Then I have a few days off in May, so hopefully that'll get me through the early half of the year.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I've a few days booked off in March that I am living for! Then I have a few days off in May, so hopefully that'll get me through the early half of the year.

That will be great. It's so important to have things to look forward to. We're going to book a few days in a hotel as soon as we find out how long more my husband will be off work for. Hopefully by this time next week I'll know when we're going!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

300 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Happy leap day everyone. Can you believe it that it's two months down already and march will be a quick month with paddys day and Easter! And tomorrow we enter the 200's in the countdown.

Chugging along nicely now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

300 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Can't believe that i'm a tiny bit excited that we have hit the 300 mark already, a few of my friends on facebook did not thank me for putting up a "only 300 days to Christmas" post today :D

Can't believe that i'm a tiny bit excited that we have hit the 300 mark already, a few of my friends on facebook did not thank me for putting up a "only 300 days to Christmas" post today

Oh, how dare they!

Us, elves on here obviously know better than that.

I'm internally chanting this to myself this morning in work :p

Goodbye 300's and leap day. The next 100 days takes us into the second week of June which means we'd be almost 6 months away from the big day let along the build up! :)

Also today is the first day of Spring for the meteorologist amongst us, it was literally a wash out of a winter season, we barely had frost let along sleet or snow!

Loughc wrote:

I'm internally chanting this to myself this morning in work

Goodbye 300's and leap day. The next 100 days takes us into the second week of June which means we'd be almost 6 months away from the big day let along the build up!

Also today is the first day of Spring for the meteorologist amongst us, it was literally a wash out of a winter season, we barely had frost let along sleet or snow!

Omg, the time is flying.
    Christmas will come in no time!

Now... Keep chanting...
    299... 299... 299...

It's officially. We're having a Christmassy wedding!

Checked with our preferred hotel and they usually put their decorations up around 22nd November and we've now booked for the 25th, 2017. Our wedding coordinator is the one in charge of the Christmas decorations so she's promised us she'll have the place decorated for us- including TWO FULL TREES in the room and baubles from the ceiling.

We've purposefully gone that late in November so the markets will be open in Europe for our honeymoon afterwards. :D:D:D

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Checked with our preferred hotel and they usually put their decorations up around 22nd November and we've now booked for the 25th, 2017. Our wedding coordinator is the one in charge of the Christmas decorations so she's promised us she'll have the place decorated for us- including TWO FULL TREES in the room and baubles from the ceiling.

We've purposefully gone that late in November so the markets will be open in Europe for our honeymoon afterwards. :D:D:D

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

You're so lucky! There's so much more you can do decorations/theme wise with a winter/Christmas Wedding! Enjoy, I am quite jealous haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Congratulations! A Christmassy wedding sounds amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement