Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

aw congrats baby and crumble, great news! We had Christmas wedding so if you want any advice/ideas let me know! Oh to be back there again....
    This morning I listened to my ipod for the first time in ages and the first song on it 'Its beginning to look alot like Christmas'! I was smiling all the way to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Every time I see this thread title I want a selection box :(:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dolbert wrote: »
    Every time I see this thread title I want a selection box :(:pac:

Note to self: Start business selling year round selection boxes.... retire as a millionaire before I'm 35...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There will be a gap in the market now for chocolate, with the Cadbury's strike on!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's snowing!!!! :-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Snow! Snow! Snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We drove into town in the snow but by the time we got in it had turned to freezing rain. Normal March service has resumed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

In case anyone hasnt heard it's snowing !! :pac:
    So excited this morning kids out playing in the snow before school. Love it !! My only concern is if the poor easter bunny is going to die of frost bite this year. I need him to make his rounds I need my chocolate fix :D

Seen as the christmas mood is so strong today I'm going to light the fire , order some Christmas presents online and possible turn on a film :)

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Seen as the christmas mood is so strong today I'm going to light the fire , order some Christmas presents online and possible turn on a film

What an ideal way to spend the day like this. Just add hot chocolate.
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement

What an ideal way to spend the day like this. Just add hot chocolate.
    Enjoy!

Thank u ! I will ! May even break out the Christmas mug for it :D

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York @ 4pm today, Channel 4.

And also, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a bowl of Minter Wonderland ice cream while watching a Christmas episode of Ally McBeal. March shmarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This was taken last week when it was snowing - beautiful!

12804680_10154613250934046_7606970647989416201_n.jpg?oh=6e9b2fd658f2cf27d9bd98324c1c8bdf&oe=578FB8F4

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So I'm recovering from a concussion and am having trouble concentrating enough to read a book so have been surfing the internet more than usual (especially as I was on bedrest all last week). I was linked onto an article on mumsnet one day and have been lurking on the forum there everyso often ever since. And today I found the Easter thread. OMG most of those people would hate me for the over the top holiday I'm planning. I'm doing a slow spring clean this week in preparation for "Easter Advent" which we'll be starting on Tuesday. I have so much crazy, cool, Christmassed-up Easter fun planned. I've been scouring the internet for all sorts of fun ideas from all over the world, have lots of new decorations and I can't wait. It's going to be all sorts of awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sounds fun Iguana, hope you are feeling better soon.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Sounds fun Iguana, hope you are feeling better soon.

Am mostly better thanks. Just have the stupid insomnia to deal with now. Not much fun with a toddler who newly likes to get up early. But should hopefully pass soon.

On the bright side we've just gone out the back and found some perfect branches to use as Easter trees. So we've brought them under the awning so they can dry out fully before I spray paint them next week.:D

Not exactly crafts related but tk maxx and carriag donn (sp) have some lovely easter bunny decorations ! :)

I have made S's "Easter Advent" calendar to give to him on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it now.

33oimme.png

2yotulu.png

I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather we're having at the moment. Does anyone have any wacky plans for paddy's day?

• Advertisement

-A lie-in
    -A little bit of study
    -I might do my nails
    -I'm going to make a trifle with lime jelly so it's green, white and orange
    -There may be wine

They are my plans! :)

I made some green baking soda rocks with gold coins inside (50c pieces). I'll put a small Irish flag inside the day 3 egg on the countdown calendar and put the rocks under a bigger flag in the back garden. When S finds the rocks he'll have to drop them in a bowl of vinegar so the fizz up and he gets his leprechaun treasure. Then we're going to a craft morning in a museum at the end of the parade route, where we'll make hats and flags before watching the parade. After the parade (which will be awful) we're going to my aunt and uncles house for a family party with lots of green cakes! :)

We started our Easter countdown today and I must admit I'm in deep admiration of S's restraint because he so, so wants to open all the eggs but he made do with one. Our activity for today was to decorate the house. This is the bulk of it but we have more streamers about the room and the kitchen and porch are done as well. It looks much better in real life as the tree is nearly 4ft tall. We'll be adding to it day by day as a lot of our crafts will be making more decorations. :D
    34ga4ae.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw an Easter egg in Debenhams earlier that has a bunch of different bars of chocolate in it, like a selection box!

Wow iguana that looks so cute! I don't know where you get the energy! I'm hanging my head in shame whike I admit this ... This is the first year I haven't a single decoration up for easter yet ! :o I've just been so busy it has been the last thing on my mind ! Looking at your easter tree now im like Aw I should have ! I'm amazed mini glitz hasn't noticed or complained yet :p

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Wow iguana that looks so cute! I don't know where you get the energy! I'm hanging my head in shame whike I admit this ... This is the first year I haven't a single decoration up for easter yet ! :o I've just been so busy it has been the last thing on my mind ! Looking at your easter tree now im like Aw I should have ! I'm amazed mini glitz hasn't noticed or complained yet :p

It's still super early for Easter decorations. It's not like Christmas where I like to get a good 6 weeks from them. For Easter it's 2 weeks max. Up today, down the day after Easter Monday. But if I hadn't decided to do the countdown calendar I'd have waited til after St Patricks day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Iguana, i have to say i truly admire your sense of creation & imagination when it comes to planning for such occasions. Your really creating some beautiful memories for your son. You've certainly given me some ideas for how to plan for things.

Where did you get the eggs for the Easter countdown, Iguana?

gidget wrote: »
    Iguana, i have to say i truly admire your sense of creation & imagination when it comes to planning for such occasions. Your really creating some beautiful memories for your son. You've certainly given me some ideas for how to plan for things.

Thanks but honestly I get most of my ideas from other people on the internet, then just adjust them to suit us.
    Posy wrote: »
    Where did you get the eggs for the Easter countdown, Iguana?

They are for sale in Eurogiant, I think it's 8 for €1.50 for that size. Dealz have some too but theirs are prettier with lots of designs printed on them. (I save those ones for the Easter Bunny to bring.) Mr Price have some too, afaik.

Thanks, I'll have a look! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Traditional St Patricks Day cake ;0)

Aka mince pie with some choc chips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement