Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy st Patrick's Day everyone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Saint Patricks Day guys!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    Happy Satin Patricks Day guys!! :)

Satin! Paddy is going up in the world! :p

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

He's a classy chap I'll have you know. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

This morning S and I, who both have nasty, manky colds were having breakfast in bed and he was playing with his DC heroes imaginext toys. He mentioned something about having the Star Wars version, which he doesn't have but has been saying since January he wants for Christmas. I was a bit worried he had some sort of fever dream about having them already and was worried he was in for a big disappointment so I very gently pointed out that he doesn't have any Star Wars sets. "Yes, I do" he rasped from his very sore throat, "they're waiting for me at Santa's house."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it Easter yet....

Almost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I accidentally came across this book today, Christmas Magic by Cathy Kelly and I ended up buying it.
    Thought I might start reading it later in the year, when it's closer to Christmas and I feel like getting into festive mood.
    Only I couldn't resist and I'm now curled up on the sofa, reading.

It says "The most wonderful time of the year" on the cover and every time I look at it, it puts a big smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

on holidays this eve for a week and a half, yipee! Hoping to go to Edinburgh so I can do my usual hours and hours browsing in the 3 christmas shops there :D

snowgal wrote: »
    on holidays this eve for a week and a half, yipee! Hoping to go to Edinburgh so I can do my usual hours and hours browsing in the 3 christmas shops there :D

You lucky duck! Have a great time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Here's how bad I am. I keep all of these until I get the new ones the following Christmas.

Here's how bad I am. I keep all of these until I get the new ones the following Christmas.

That's a great collection, I've still the RTé Christmas Guide myself, I will get around to doing that crossword one of these nights! :P

Also we are only 9 months to the big day itself. Sure that's only a baby away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    Also we are only 9 months to the big day itself. Sure that's only a baby away.

Yep! quarter of the year gone already! We were discussing the arranging of this years staff Christmas do in work this week as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

snowgal wrote: »

Oh enjoy! Edinburgh is my favourite place!

With the stinky weather we've played it safe and set up the egg hunt and S's basket indoors. It's a bit disappointing as it would have been more fun outside and we won't be going on the very outdoor outing I had been looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. But I'm still so excited, S will be over the moon in the morning. And I've a choc-chip bread pudding ready to cook while we egg hunt and then we'll have that for breakfast after we pull our Easter crackers and put on our paper crowns. :D

Happy Easter, everybody! :)

So. Much. Chocolate.

Had such a lovely day but am exhausted. S woke at 7am (6am old time) and we've been on the go all day. Egg hunt, lovely breakfast, (husband slopped off for a 2 hour nap), lunch, trip to a petting zoo with a big warehouse with a bouncy castle and play stuff. It wasn't where I wanted to go but we needed to be somewhere with plenty to do indoors as the weather was shocking, thunder and hailstones and lots and lots of rain. We got half an hour of dry weather to go see the outdoor animals and a llama spit at my husband which was funny. Then we met my brother for dinner at a Thai restaurant that lets you make your own cone after dinner. It's S's favourite 'food house.' And after that we all went home and smashed the cascarones S and I made during the week. S is fast asleep now so I'm going to make a big mug of tea and eat some Lindt bunny while watching a couple of Gilmore Girls episodes.

And the weather should be better tomorrow so we have another big outing planned with my brother in law. Then if we get a chance we'll visit my parents and nana. And come Tuesday I'll be ready to take the decorations down and chill out. The one thing I prefer about Easter to Christmas is that it's good fun but I'm happy enough to see it end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 3 and 2 year old singing "tis the season" this morning made me feel very festive!

• Advertisement

Now that the Easter decorations are down S keeps asking when Christmas is coming back. Poor guy. I've warped him into thinking that life is nothing but brief moments either side of Easter and Christmas. That's especially bad as I've worked out that as our perception of time is proportional to the amount of time we've already lived, next Christmas will feel as far away to him as the Chinese Olympics does to me!:eek:

Anyone watch The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? I just saw the season 2 trailer and she gets a job in a year round Christmas shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

iguana wrote: »
    Anyone watch The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? I just saw the season 2 trailer and she gets a job in a year round Christmas shop.

I love that show! I must have a look for the season 2 trailer, sounds good. :)

I'm looking forward to the second season even more now!

If I win the lotto, I'm going to start an all year round Christmas shop. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Woke up this morning proper dying for next Christmas. I was told I'm not allowed talk about it because it's "not even summer" yet. So I'll post instead.

Our little fella will be 2 just before Christmas and has recently gotten so excited about music of any kind. He wiggles a little dance for any old music so I would love to bring him to some sort of Christmas show. Keeping in mind he will be still very little, is there anything suitable? We are close enough to Dublin.

Our local shopping centre usually do a Christmassy day with a choir and elves in costumes. Maybe that would be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Have we hit the 100 day mark since last Christmas? I'm asking because its 266 to next Christmas and there is 366 days in a leap year.

Posy wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the second season even more now!

If I win the lotto, I'm going to start an all year round Christmas shop. :D

Can I have a job?

Have we hit the 100 day mark since last Christmas? I'm asking because its 266 to next Christmas and there is 366 days in a leap year.

We have indeed. It's now 100 days since Christmas Day 2015.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Can I have a job?
    Well I won't be opening the shop on weekends and bank holidays- or from December 25th to the end of January, so I hope the hours will suit you! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement