Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas ☺

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wish me luck. I thought of the BEST surprise gift for S for Christmas and have found a great sale on ebay that's exactly what I want. It's ending shortly after noon tomorrow and I'm hoping to snipe the competition. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Bill Murray is great at playing Bill Murray.

Woohoo! I'm the winning bid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We opened our last tin of celebrations(well I suppose tub) today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I still have Christmas lights up......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We've been doing the Countdown for over 100 days now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I hate changing the bed clothes so I decided to make it more fun Christmas style.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh no....

https://www.facebook.com/manstuff/posts/1174950069206104

Better tasting... I believe it when I see it. Or taste it in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Oh no....

Loughc wrote:
    Better tasting... I believe it when I see it. Or taste it in this case.

Repeat after me, Loughc (aka Hero Boy): I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE. 🚂🚂🚂

• Advertisement

It would be nice if they returned to form wouldn't it. Caburys chocolate has been pretty vile for the last year or so. This is the first year ever that I didn't buy a single creme egg at Easter as the ones I bought last year were manky. I barely ate any of the miniature heroes I bought at Christmas either. This year I'll just stick with two tins of Celebrations.

S's big Santa surprise arrived yesterday. I just have one or two more bits to get and all my Christmas shopping will be done.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭donegal_man

iguana wrote: »
    .................. I just have one or two more bits to get and all my Christmas shopping will be done.😀

But but, that means you'll miss out on the traditional Christmas week panic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

A third of the way there already! It only feels like a month ago since last Christmas, in only two monthes we will be half way there! The year is just whizzing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

All yer comments cheer me up when I'm feeling down :o:) They also scare me though! A quarter of the way through the year already?! :eek:

leahyl wrote: »
    All yer comments cheer me up when I'm feeling down :o:) They also scare me though! A quarter of the way through the year already?! :eek:

Only 8 months to go :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

leahyl wrote: »
    They also scare me though! A quarter of the way through the year already?! :eek:
    By the end of the week, we'll actually be one third of the way through the year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    By the end of the week, we'll actually be one third of the way through the year. :D

Sorry! My bad maths! Yaaay :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had promised myself that I would avoid this forum until December this year however after stupidly going for drinks on a school night I am hanging and need a perk up so thought I would pop in.

Good tidings to everyone

Jude13 wrote: »
    Good tidings to everyone

Good tidings to you Jude, I hope our warm happy place here gave you the perk up you needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers Loughc, its getting me excited already, I am nuts, if my OH finds out I will be in trouble.

I have been putting head bands on our new dog and my OH keeps asking why. Im saying its just for fun however its all practice for Antlers.

Need to look up flights home soon, think I will only be home 6-7 days this Christmas

• Advertisement

I still have Christmas lights and a couple of decorations in my sitting room. They kind of just blend in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just realised that we've one third of the year done now and it flew in my opinion.
    In the next third we'll hopefully have nice weather. We'll also see the Argos catalogue. Schools close for the Summer and return for a new year. There's also various other events. In mid August we'll probably see the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop open and we might see the tins of sweets on the last week of August and then we'll be in the final third!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi jude :) good luck with the head band training :D

We're getting so close to summer holidays. Little ones getting their letters about school tours, reminders about summer camps being sent out. Stationary spotted in heatons (also spotted christmas cookie jars and wine glass charms set in heatons on clearance at weekend !) Then halloween be here before we know it !! Need to calm myself down ..... getting too excited now lol

Once Summer is over it's time to get focused on Christmas haha. I find the Summer is full of distractions which isn't a bad thing, then after the Summer all the retail stores turn their attention to Christmas.

Summer is my favourite time of year. I love Christmas, obviously, but the warmer summer weather makes me so happy.

Summer is my favourite time of year. I love Christmas, obviously, but the warmer summer weather makes me so happy.

I love the warmer sunnier weather too, it's an automatic mood lifter, shame we don't get too much of it haha.

Summer here is just an endless amount of questions from the mini glitz about how long until halloween when can we put up the decorations what is this year's hallween theme etc. And as soon as they go up ... when are they coming down when are the Christmas decorations going up. Hahah I've created little monsters :)

I love the idea of summer. Ice coolers with drinks , bbqs and rattan garden furniture. Marquees and water balloon fights. But in reality never works out like that. No picnics on sunny hillsides and more than likely showers mid bbq :) i stay optimistic thought :) it will happen at some stage lol

More christmas shopping done today.... love online shopping but it really is gonna break me one day :p

• Advertisement

Just back from holidays with S and am sooooo happy to be home. On day 3 of the holiday I came down with a horrible tummy bug and spent the night dashing to the toilet with vomiting and diarrhea. Finally felt better on day 5 and was determined to have a great last couple of days when S woke in the middle of the night vomiting everywhere. Thankfully we managed to have a mostly lovely last day and then made it home in one piece. S is already planning our next trip and has even stated (treacherously) that holidays are better than Christmas!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement