Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Thanks Toto ill have a read though it later tonight! :)

Well it's official ! Off to the Christmas Market in Prague in December flights booked this morning ! Great excitement and squealing here today when we booked ! :pac: may make sure to have my decorations up super early this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Thanks Toto ill have a read though it later tonight!

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Well it's official ! Off to the Christmas Market in Prague in December flights booked this morning ! Great excitement and squealing here today when we booked ! may make sure to have my decorations up super early this year !

Wooow!
    I'm excited for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do you know what Boards needs? A Santa emoji. Big oversight on their part.

We absolutely need this! Big oversight by the boards overlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

That's my summer holidays over so once the nights get colder again Christmas kind of starts for me.

I love Winter.

Thanks french girl ! If your on Groupon have a look they have a fab offer for the hotel in prague :)

Hollister I got my son's school book list today school tours are on next week. Weather is cold and dull enough to have fire lit and blankets on couch and lights on. It's so close I can almost taste it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We only put our summer duvet on the bed this week. Looking forward to more lovely warm days over the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Im still hoping to get some more summer out of this year, but I do like to see these kind of list starting to surface. ‘Must Have Toys 2016’, I can see the SelfieMic being a big hit.

http://bit.ly/1UbntaV

Feeling very festive today ! I have been googling festive christmas outfits and sending ideas to my friend for our trip in December ! Can't wait to see the woollies arrive in pennys !!! :) also have to sit down later and re plan my November /December schedule as ill be away the first week of December so want all the decorations up well before I go !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Crazy day here. My husband has been working in Belfast and I have been taking advantage of the free UK postage and sending him loads of toys and bits for S's birthday and Christmas. And also got him to pick up some stuff from Gumtree UK and adverts. He arrived down this morning with the car packed with boxes and boxes of great stuff. I locked myself in the bedroom to unpack it and sort through it. I also got down a lot of the stuff I had at the top of my wardrobe and sorted all that too. Then finally put almost everything in the attic. I'm so excited I'm like a small child. Can't for the two big days so I can get it all back down and give it to him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I will be home for tow weeks this Christmas for the first time in about 5 years. I usually get 6-7 days. I just need to sort out flights.

I also did some online snooping and a have built up a 'wish list' for other peoples presents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just realised that because Christmas Day and New Years Day both fall on a Sunday this year - we will have 2 days off in lieu from work. So I'm off from 23rd to the 2nd January inclusive - I might take the 3rd-6th off as well - make it an extra long festive holiday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

leahyl wrote: »
    Just realised that because Christmas Day and New Years Day both fall on a Sunday this year - we will have 2 days off in lieu from work. So I'm off from 23rd to the 2nd January inclusive - I might take the 3rd-6th off as well - make it an extra long festive holiday :pac:

That would be a nice break alright. I sometimes take the few days leading up to Christmas a go for nice lunches with friends. I just love the atmosphere of Christmas week.

Picking up a few more christmas presents tomorrow , getting excited thinking about it now ! Seeing some of the stores having clearance sales and the back to school books and stationary in stock makes me realise how close we are to christmas !! Or maybe it's because I'm relaxing here watching miracle on 34th street :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Argos have announced what they believe will be the top toys for Christmas 2016!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/family-kids-news/top-toys-christmas-2016-argos-8245181

Hello elves !! :pac:
    I had surgery on my foot yesterday. Turned out to be a bit more complicated than originally thought so I got the great news I'm on crutches for the Next few weeks :p I had planned to go christmas shopping today and I wasn't letting not being able to drive stop me. :pac: Mr glitz has taken today and tomorrow off to chauffer me around so we went up to smyths and picked up some more of my gift list. He gave out the whole way around the shop that it was only June while I hobbled behind him on my crutches ! Poor Mr glitz :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hello elves !! :pac:
    I had surgery on my foot yesterday. Turned out to be a bit more complicated than originally thought so I got the great news I'm on crutches for the Next few weeks :p I had planned to go christmas shopping today and I wasn't letting not being able to drive stop me. :pac: Mr glitz has taken today and tomorrow off to chauffer me around so we went up to smyths and picked up some more of my gift list. He gave out the whole way around the shop that it was only June while I hobbled behind him on my crutches ! Poor Mr glitz :)

Hope your foot feels much better soon. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day 6 months time is Christmas Eve!! :D

At least it will be cheaper to go up the North and shop because of Brexit.

The only good to come out of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

At least it will be cheaper to go up the North and shop because of Brexit.

The only good to come out of it.

God damn having pretty much all my shopping done!

Hope your foot feels much better soon. :)

Thanks mystery egg :)

Waiting to see if the currency exchange rate drops a bit more, I have a few bits I have to get from England so happy shopping here !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Loughc wrote: »
    This day 6 months time is Christmas Eve!! :D

You beat me to it! I came in here to post that. Was singing along to White Christmas in the car today and then I realised the date. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I wanna be the first one this morning to post that in exactly 6 months today it's Christmaaas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Half way there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yaaaay! :D

Can't wait for Winter.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Half way there

Surely he'll have left on Christmas Ève some time? :)

The only thing I'm looking forward to after the Euros is college starting back.

I have been on my holidays, so the Christmas season needs to hurry up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We still have the Olympics to look forward to! And we're going to book a holiday at some stage. And then obviously everyone will be celebrating my birthday. :cool: And then we can properly look forward to Christmas.

Cool. Where Will the party be this year? I'll Volunteer to make the cake.

• Advertisement

Actually forgot I have my graduation, because of my higher cert completion. So if i get a masters I'll have 3 graduations in the next 3 1/2 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement