Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

washiskin wrote: »
    Also, fellow elves, here are my purchases from BT Christmas shop.....
    Fabulous! I have few of the first 2! and I love them loads. I have the doves in gold & white, they look fab with the lights on. I love the snowflakes too. :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I also have the doves, they're the first things I bought in the BT Christmas shop this year. :)

Fab washiskin, I'm feeling very deprived living this side of the country. I already have the pudding decorations from my travels, so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Fab washiskin, I'm feeling very deprived living this side of the country. I already have the pudding decorations from my travels, so cute.

Did you see the picture of the jumper?

Also, isn't there a BT shop in Galway?

Posy wrote: »
    I also have the doves, they're the first things I bought in the BT Christmas shop this year. :)

I've got a load of luminous doves that I usually put around the Crib (when I can find them :D). I love birds on the tree - usually robins but it's getting really hard to find good looking fat robins. Seems decoration makers like to make them look scrawny & sinister :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just booked our Christmas markets trip!

1 day Dusseldorf
    2 days Cologne
    3 days Berlin.

BRING IT! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

When you say 'our' you mean mine and yours, yus?

When are you planning to go?
    Sounds amazing, soo jealous!! :D

Posy wrote: »
    When you say 'our' you mean mine and yours, yus?

When are you planning to go?
    Sounds amazing, soo jealous!! :D

Of course, hop into the bag there Posy! ;)

The first week in December. We fly into Dusseldorf in the morning, leave the bags at a locker and tour the markets for the day. Then hop a late train to Cologne. We have two days there, mostly for markets (including a gay specific one which I am very intrigued by!!! :pac::pac:) but also hoping to go to the 4711 factory where you can do a half day perfume/ cologne blending course! Then a 5 hour train to Berlin (I LOVE TRAINS!!!!!!!!!!) and visit the markets, and check out some of the history. I've been to Cologne and Berlin before during the summer but didn't stay long in either (interrailing) so really excited to be going back. We've found some lovely hostels- including one in a warehouse in Berlin that has individual log cabins and caravans set up INSIDE the warehouse! Mental. We're on quite a budget, but we might splash out on a swanky hotel one of the nights...

There better be snow!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

We have booked 3 nights in Cologne for the market too :D So excited, can't wait for mulled wine and GIANT beers!

Our hotel is right next to the Lindt chocolate factory and museum, nom!

I bit the bullet and booked Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! I might grow up next year....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I'm so jealous!! All this talk of Christmas markets :(

I use to live near Stuttgart and loved travelling around for all the different markets. Strasbourg being one of my favourites.

We're planning a trip back but won't be able to do it this side of Christmas :( I really really miss Germany at Christmas

Baby!! 4711!! I LOVE that scent! I am all colours of jealous right this minute :(

Hope you have a great time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Just letting ye all know, Tesco yesterday, had PALLETS of the tins of sweets in. Roses etc. €6 each. No, I didn't get any, cos I would eat them (in bed at night, watching telly). They had a few smallish 'Christmasey looking card type decorations' kinda hanging off the shelves. HArd to describe, ye will all just have to go have a look! :-D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm just back from a week away in Majorca and I am nice and rested for the busy Christmas period ahead!

Looking forward to the cold dark evenings setting in can't believe tomorrow there will be only 99 days to go!! :eek:

Need to start thinking about presents now and get moving! Gonna book my annual leave for Christmas soon. Planning on having a long break this year as my 30th birthday falls 6 days before Christmas!

washiskin wrote: »
    Baby!! 4711!! I LOVE that scent! I am all colours of jealous right this minute :(

Hope you have a great time. :)

I love it too. Sadly my gf hates it so I don't wear it that much, but she's the one who suggested the factory tour and brewing class, since she knows how much I love it. D'awwwww. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

20130915_230351.jpg

20130915_230410.jpg

20130915_230310.jpg

Really bad lighting guys, sorry! Just a few pics of my musical tie and my Christmas bow ties, ready to be worn during the festive season. :D uber excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Oh I am really in the mood for Christmas! oh yes.. bring it on.. Looking forward to the music, the decorations, the pressies... going to be making a lot of mine this year so gotta get things moving. Just one little blight on my otherwise wonderful anticipation. I have developed a food allergy which means I can't eat one of my most favourite foods ever.. Christmas Cake! So will have to dream up a new Christmas Breakfast. Always enjoyed breaking into the cake for brekkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Wooooo! 99 days to go. I'm a bit terrified about the amount of Masters coursework I need to plough through before then but I can't wait for Christmas!

I've booked a weekend in London at the start of November to do some me shopping.

Hope to get the rest for very cheap online. No grant for me this year but I'll still manage to scrimp enough to enjoy myself and my family :)

Nice to meet you all!

Ho ho ho!

eskimocat wrote: »
    Oh I am really in the mood for Christmas! oh yes.. bring it on.. Looking forward to the music, the decorations, the pressies... going to be making a lot of mine this year so gotta get things moving. Just one little blight on my otherwise wonderful anticipation. I have developed a food allergy which means I can't eat one of my most favourite foods ever.. Christmas Cake! So will have to dream up a new Christmas Breakfast. Always enjoyed breaking into the cake for brekkie!

Maybe look up some alternative recipes that you can have? There has to be substitutes for the ingredients of a Christmas cake.

We always have cocktail sausages for Christmas breakfast. Not sure why we don't have regular size sausages, it's just tradition at this stage!

And we are on, folks! Sm*ths catalogue arrived with the postman this morning :) Like a fool, I then went over to Sm*ths and bought everyone something small to "celebrate". Ah well, they might be kinder now when choosing my retirement home :p

• Advertisement

Saw a girl out yesterday wearing her Christmas jumper. I like her style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Wonder what are the chances it was someone from this forum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I believe the weather is to improve next week, everyone else seems pleased but I'm like....No!! Roll on the cold winters nights with hot chocolate and fluffy PJs.

You know my life is all over the place lately. My Dad is being treated in hospital for prostate cancer (thankfully, it's looking good!) my day goes a bit like this....

Wake up at 6:30 - kids washed, dressed, fed and watered. School. Hospital. School. Feed one. School. Feed the second. Homework. Cuddle. Wave them goodbye, hospital and finally a pot noodle and bed. But I tell you this forum just puts me in the best humour:D

Best wishes to your Dad Love2love, delighted things are looking good for him xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

can't wait for new lego and pogs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

can't wait for new lego and pogs

Ah pogs the good old days! Remember the metal slammers!

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah pogs the good old days! Remember the metal slammers!

I had a slammer that was shaped like a ninja star. It was AMAZING.

I had a slammer that was shaped like a ninja star. It was AMAZING.

So did I! haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Love2love sounds like you are run off your feet. Glad to hear your Dads prognosis is good. At least this forum gives you plenty of cheer. I am thinking of starting the Santa shopping soon but worried my pesky kids will change their mind

• Advertisement

Hey lads, what ever became of Lockie's idea of a Christmas Forum get together?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement