Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

With all but one Christmas present left to buy (for my 4 year old niece) I'm feeling at quite the loose end whenever I go online. Can't believe I have almost an entire 6 months left before I can give them to their recipients and start Christmas shopping again! I do have one little project to do though. Some of the youtube toy videos that S loves feature toy cars from Pixar Cars, repainted as superheroes. So I have a battered Mater, Lightening and Sally that I found in a charity shop and I'm going to paint them as Robin, Batman and Batgirl. They'll be a cute addition to the Christmas stocking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi elves! Think I'm the only one in the country not watching the football :pac: but super excited so had to come on to share my news! Mr glitz and I decided some time ago to look into fostering and we are expecting to have our first foster child with us in time for this Christmas ! So great excitement here in our house at the minute! Currently re arranging bedrooms and toys etc. A trip to ikea is definitly in order ! :) and on less dramatic news I've just put in my order for my halloween and christmas nail stamping plates. Should he here within 2 weeks so can't wait to use them :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that's great! What lovely and selfless people you must be, to open your home to a child in need.

Very best of luck with it all. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Oh that's great! What lovely and selfless people you must be, to open your home to a child in need.

Very best of luck with it all. :)

Oh I don't know about that now Posy :p :pac: but thank you that's so sweet ! It's something that we have always wanted to do and now that I'm at home with my own two mini glitz it just became more of a possibility than a dream !

Super excited! We're hoping we get our first placement in time for Halloween. It will be a great time to help incorporate a child into our home. Such a fun time with decorations and celebrations ! Sooo excited. I may actually be able to shop for girls christmas gifts this year too :p : D

Iguana that sounds like such a cute idea ! My two are cars crazy. Actually the radiator springs play set is less than half price in smyths at the moment. Thinks it was 24 euro ?? You may post a pic of your project when it is done and best of luck ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

You're a very kind person Glitzgirl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

You're a very kind person Glitzgirl

I agree.
    That is one of the most selfless acts one could ever do in their whole life.

All the best to you and your (soon to be expanded) family, Glitzgirl!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats Glitzgirl that's fantastic news and such a lovely thing to do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Fair play to you. Don't play down how incredibly selfless and lovely it is. Very exciting too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ah I just popped in to see what everyone was up to and see Glitz being lovely. Nothing changed here then :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wow Glitzgirl, I hope it something that really makes your family and the child who joins you very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

To echo the earlier posts Gltizgirl that is an amazing gift to give someone. Fair play to you.

I'll be in Dubai duty free tomorrow and will pick up a few things there and try and stash them but my OH is a seeker.

Awh thanks everyone for such sweet messages of support! :) I can't wait to hear and ill keep you all updated when we do finally get a placement. :)

Jude13 wrote: »
    I'll be in Dubai duty free tomorrow and will pick up a few things there and try and stash them but my OH is a seeker.

Happy shopping jude! I have to say I'm like your OH lol :pac: Mr glitz can't bring anythin back here at all or I would be pulling the place apart looking for it :p although this year he has gotten a big plastic box and duct taped the whole way around so I can't see in and seals the Lid. He says that way he'll know if I have peeked. It's working so far. ! Although knowing my christmas presents are in the house is Killing me!

Good luck with the stashing jude !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I've decided I'm gonna get into a bit of knitting! My friend is all into it at the mo, so I've decided that I'm gonna knit some Christmassy themed items - hopefully a Christmas stocking, a tea cosy and a scarf!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't know how true it is but I've seen on Facebook this morning,

"Big News:

If we told you that there is a Pop-up Christmas Themed Movie Theatre planned for Dublin this Christmas, would you be excited?? Movies to be shown include Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street and The Santa Clause!

Tag a friend who would like this!"

And yes I think it's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Would be great if it turned out to be true

We would all go, wouldn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It sounds amazing. I went to see The Nice Guys last night (actually a really good film!) and there's a scene that's set at Christmas with Christmas music in the background. And I was browsing Netflix the other day and Home Alone was in the Popular area.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Would be great if it turned out to be true

Well we've had pop-up Christmas Pubs before so why not Christmas Cinemas.

We would all go, wouldn't we?

Yes!! :)

• Advertisement

No. :/

Just kidding! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

With a few other people in work tomorrow, we are going to book our staff Christmas party! can't wait :)

Can you imagine the atmosphere if it was true about the pop up cinema ?? It would be brilliant !!

Just been onto boohoo and typed in christmas and ordered a load of christmas jumpers and night dresses for a few euro each! :) now just to convince my friend to get a matching jumper /dress set for the Christmas market ! Imagine how cute the pictures would be :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My husband's office is already booking their Christmas party :D

So jelous of all the people looking forward to their Christmas parties !! I tried convincing Mr glitz that, as I am a stay at home parent, that this is technically my work place and he's the only person I work with so really we should have a Christmas party here. :pac: needless to say it didn't work. Might try convince him again this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote:
    Anyone see this Christmas Day on June 25th

Wow, mulled wine in June!
    Imagine that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

On maternity leave for Christmas this year. Yaaaayyyýy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement