Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll be all over those 3 bird rolls, tortilla chips and chocolate pine cones! This time of year is great for Christmas launches.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooooh, lookit the pudding!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Some good Christmas Hacks
    http://www.bhg.com/christmas/planning/christmas-hacks/?esrc=nwcu071216&did=38191

I love the idea of the personalised photo gift tags. Copies of old Christmas photos of now adult brothers or sisters for example, would be cute and would bring back memories of Christmas past and give people a good laugh. Childhood photos with Santy, in front of the tree, or old school nativities etc. Easy to make as well.
    391794.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

Whos going to get their Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue today??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Is it out?? Will definitely try!

I ordered my niece a gorgeous coat last night. It's faux fur and so Wintery. I ordered for her birthday in September but I'm half hoping it doesn't arrive on time so it can be a Christmas pressie.

Oh and I've been looking at lovely Christmas leggings on wish.com. I'm thinking with a pair of funky boots and a few oversized jumpers, casual dresses and cardigans and my Christmas week wardrobe is sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll be near an Argos today so might pop in to get mine. :)

Arrived home from work yesterday to find that my husband had bought these for me. He got them in Dunnes in case anyone else fancies pretzels shaped like Christmas trees!

ShotType1_328x328.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Feeling very festive today despite the warm weather. Had surgery on my foot 3 weeks ago so im not too mobile at the minute or else id be out soaking up that sun..Instead sitting here watching the santa clause with foot propped up on a pillow doing some online browsing :) enjoy the heatwave elves !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Starting to get really excited about Christmas. How many weeks are we now? Must start saving, want to be able to splash out on family this year, and for the first time in 4 years I have no college fees to pay so I am going all out, feck it! :):)

Randomly decided yesterday that this is the year im going to order those personalised little christmas return address stickers for my cards ! It's the little things you need to look forward to :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

261z3lt.jpg

I saw this and I thought of everyone here. We're not alone :D

Love it!

We binge watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt over the last couple of weeks and there's lots of Christmas in it! (Although I don't think it's actually ever Christmas, just fake Christmas!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Lots of Christmas thoughts here this weekend. The last parcel with S's Christmas toys arrived yesterday and today I got my niece's gift. So that's it Christmas shopping done. Tempted to reward myself by ordering the She-ra and He-man Christmas jumper. :D

iguana wrote: »
    Lots of Christmas thoughts here this weekend. The last parcel with S's Christmas toys arrived yesterday and today I got my niece's gift. So that's it Christmas shopping done. Tempted to reward myself by ordering the She-ra and He-man Christmas jumper. :D

Is your christmas shopping all done iguana ! Congrats !!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Randomly decided yesterday that this is the year im going to order those personalised little christmas return address stickers for my cards ! It's the little things you need to look forward to :)

Where do you order those from?

Is your christmas shopping all done iguana ! Congrats !!

All done, though I'd be surprised if I don't pick up a few bits and pieces here and there before the big day.:P I hope I don't regret it, I've had all the Santa stuff either in my attic or on order since mid-June. And that's riskier as S gets older.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Where do you order those from?

Vista print :)

• Advertisement

All done, though I'd be surprised if I don't pick up a few bits and pieces here and there before the big day.:P I hope I don't regret it, I've had all the Santa stuff either in my attic or on order since mid-June. And that's riskier as S gets older.

Hopefully not ! Thankfully I have never had any problems but I've learned as my two little ones got older they have certain interests that will always be there , xbox games, star wars , cars etc , and when I have my shopping done early I put some money aside every week or 2 until early December but they will undoubtedly see something new or their friends talk about something or see something on the toy show so it covers any unforseen requests :p

Please tell me you pick up extra bits too. I'm not the only odd ball who does my shopping early and still picks up bits here and there :p

kitten_k wrote: »

Omg that is amazing hahah ! I'll be happy if I get to try make a Christmas cake or pudding this year! I cheated last year and my partners aunt made one for us haha :) this looks amazing ! You couldn't eat it after all that hard work ! Imagine how good it would look as your centrepiece on the Christmas table :o

Hopefully not ! Thankfully I have never had any problems but I've learned as my two little ones got older they have certain interests that will always be there , xbox games, star wars , cars etc , and when I have my shopping done early I put some money aside every week or 2 until early December but they will undoubtedly see something new or their friends talk about something or see something on the toy show so it covers any unforseen requests :p

Please tell me you pick up extra bits too. I'm not the only odd ball who does my shopping early and still picks up bits here and there :p

Yeah I've gotten the Star Wars toys he wants from Santa and surprises of Rescue Bots, Hot Wheels, etc. (And some DC Imaginext for my father in law to give him.) So the odds of him not being utterly delighted with his presents are virtually nil because those are things he just loves. I just have the unknown factor of play school this year, so there could be some must have toy that all the kids in his class are raving about that eclipses all else. Especially if they all see it on the toy show!;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5 months to the day!! Wow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    5 months to the day!! Wow!!

OMG, I wouldn't have realized if it wasn't for you posting!
    Where did the time go?
    Only 5 months and it's Christmas again!

Mind blown.

Yeah I've gotten the Star Wars toys he wants from Santa and surprises of Rescue Bots, Hot Wheels, etc. (And some DC Imaginext for my father in law to give him.) So the odds of him not being utterly delighted with his presents are virtually nil because those are things he just loves. I just have the unknown factor of play school this year, so there could be some must have toy that all the kids in his class are raving about that eclipses all else. Especially if they all see it on the toy show!;)

Ah sounds like you will have one little happy boy ;) oh definitely I always put up a small bit of money because my oldest will nearly always hear about something cool one of his friends wants :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    5 months to the day!! Wow!! :D

Yeah its the 25th of July but i swear Christmas has claimed today for itself, its so chilly this evening it feels like winter and Christmassy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

I saw two Xmas items in two different shops today.

Dealz have mini puddings and M&S have started to introduce some of what is usually their Xmas stock. It maybe have been from 2015 but some of their gift sets etc have the Xmas gift stickers on them (usually indicating 3 for 2 deals at Xmas).

Hey did anyone get the Argos Autumn/Winter Catalog? Were there any Christmas decorations in it?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey did anyone get the Argos Autumn/Winter Catalog? Were there any Christmas decorations in it?

I didn't get it but you've just reminded me that I had a dream that one was left outside our door and I woke up just as I found Christmas in the index. I was so disappointed. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement