Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Look what arrived today ! Some new christmas themed nail art stamping plates to try out for work :) Mr glitz didn't seem to appreciate my excitement so I thought the lovely ppl on boards might ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Strolling through m&s today all the ponchos and winter hats out. I'm totally getting a Christmas vibe. We are with EIR tv at moment , was having a panic trying to find true movies&thinking what would I do without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think it's open until mid-late August.

Oh that sucks, I thought it opened around this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Put on my Rudolph - reindeer socks this morning. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's so dark today. Could do with a Christmas tree or two to brighten it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hello, fellow Elves! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hi wash! o/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »

Hello hello :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Autumn is in the air and I'm making my little Christmas plans. Roll on Halloween!

• Advertisement

Autumn is in the air and I'm making my little Christmas plans. Roll on Halloween!

I'm definitly feeling the halloween mood! The weather is bad (ish ) :p and I'm looking for family themed halloween costumes online. And as soon as halloween is over its full steam ahead for Christmas !!

Hello washiskin! :) I love seeing this thread pick up and people checking in from august/ September onwards! The forum getting busier should be on the checklist for Christmas countdown actually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Going to start a Christmas saving fund today. I find that the week leading up to Christmas is the best part - catching up with old friends and family, decorating the house, Christmas lunches and drinks and festivities but I can never enjoy that week because I am running around finishing shopping/wrapping or waiting for the next salary to hit the account to do more shopping! :p This year I will be organized beforehand and be able to enjoy that week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I'm annoying my hubby by talking about santa gifts, christmas afternoon tea with my sisters and the toy show! Oh, the toy show, I want to go so so badly! This summer has flown so it'll be here before we know it, best start saving

If anyone sees a good bike sale let me know, I think santa might be interested for our 4 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

applesock wrote:
    Strolling through m&s today all the ponchos and winter hats out. I'm totally getting a Christmas vibe. We are with EIR tv at moment , was having a panic trying to find true movies&thinking what would I do without it!

Does Eir tv have True Movies???

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Bought my first Christmas present yesterday. Normally wait till I have all the back to school stuff done but it's feeling so wintery this week I couldn't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hello washiskin! :) I love seeing this thread pick up and people checking in from august/ September onwards! The forum getting busier should be on the checklist for Christmas countdown actually :)

I'm very, VERY late this year.....but it's intentional. The horrifying nightmare of every elf befell me last year and I was Christmassed out by Dec 23rd.:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have anyone seen this movie?

Love the Coopers (titled Christmas with the Coopers in the UK and Ireland)

Tempted to give it a watch soon but I am well aware that Christmas movies are very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Have anyone seen this movie?

Loughc wrote:
    Love the Coopers (titled Christmas with the Coopers in the UK and Ireland)

Loughc wrote:
    Tempted to give it a watch soon but I am well aware that Christmas movies are very hit and miss.

I haven't watched the whole movie but I've seen bits and pieces.

From what I can remember, it's a family movie and it's very festive indeed.
    The script might be a bit predictable but it should instantly make you feel Christmassy!

I've yet to watch the whole thing. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

Thinking of getting personalised Xmas card made this year with my dog on them- some good offers around ATM as it's too early for actual xmas cards. Anyone done this or recommend anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,534 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Aldi earlier and they had signs saying New in stock and it was Mincemeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

I was in Aldi earlier and they had signs saying New in stock and it was Mincemeat.

Xmas puddings in Dealz ATM. And I've noticed Marks have some chocs in that they usually only get in for the xmas season.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I knew this would happen. I finished my Christmas shopping last month but during the week I read a thread elsewhere about the four gift rule; something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read, and it occurred to me that I hadn't bought any books for S. We buy books pretty much every week in the charity shops, so it isn't like he has a book shortage but he especially adores superhero early readers which are rare to find in charity shops. So last year Santa gave him Batman and Avengers boxsets as a surprise. So I think that I may have to carry on that tradition with another couple of box sets. I told my husband, who has been 'ok but this is the last thing he's getting, right!' every time I buy something new. But luckily he's strongly of the opinion that a child can never have too many books and he immediately agreed that Santa must continue the new books tradition. :D

I'm very, VERY late this year.....but it's intentional. The horrifying nightmare of every elf befell me last year and I was Christmassed out by Dec 23rd.:eek::eek:

Oh no ! It's easily done thought. I check in here all year around and go on and on about the excitement of christmas etc then when December comes I am sooo busy I barely get a minute to check in! Hope u have a more relaxed and enjoyable experience this year wash !

Sorry iguana not to rake over ur post but since you mentioned traditions I remember seeing a post on Facebook saying to use one type of wrapping paper per child and not to use tags. And christmas morning put a piece of the corresponding wrapping paper in each child stocking. The child has to find the paper at the bottom of the stocking to know which gifts belong to them. I thought it sounded like a lovely idea! Might try it this year ! Iguana thanks foe the remainder I have a box set of books to put up for mini glitz !

Out for family day today down in Waterford. Kids jumpers got destroyed so had to pop into pennys to get some warmer ones and was sp excited to see all the cardigans and winter woollies in ! Felt so wintery with the rain :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Sorry iguana not to rake over ur post but since you mentioned traditions I remember seeing a post on Facebook saying to use one type of wrapping paper per child and not to use tags. And christmas morning put a piece of the corresponding wrapping paper in each child stocking. The child has to find the paper at the bottom of the stocking to know which gifts belong to them. I thought it sounded like a lovely idea! Might try it this year ! Iguana thanks foe the remainder I have a box set of books to put up for mini glitz !

I just seen this on Facebook this morning. We must follow the same Christmas page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The weather is glorious in Dublin today. I love summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bought my first presents thanks to boots offer spotted in bargain alerts :)

• Advertisement

The weather is glorious in Dublin today. I love summer.

I live in North Dublin and the sun went in at 3 and wasn't seen again. Still roasting now tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement